View Full Version : Use a sick day tomorrow

fishsmith
08-26-2002, 01:20 PM
Here are the forecasted winds for E. Falmouth at 6am tomorrow:

From the Southwest at 1 mph:drool:

My buddy who sails by the fish/fisherman described small fish with pointy tails diving right out of the water just outside Lewis Bay, with the water at 78, I'm hoping I get my first bonito or false albacore.

Big Vern
08-26-2002, 02:00 PM
No Bonitio or false albacore there, but you can lace into some HUGE schools of medium sized (3-6 lbs.) bluefish. Crazy action.

fishsmith
08-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Don Corleone, without disrespecting the Family, I believe there are bonito and false albecore in the vineyard sound. We'll see, I'll post how I do. It might be a bit early, but there is only one way to find out. I'll be out from dark till 9am.

Big Vern
08-26-2002, 02:21 PM
I've seen a few, but I was out there on Friday, and all I saw were schools of blues. I was hoping for some of those goodies as well.

JohnR
08-26-2002, 03:16 PM
Don, that area could be loaded with Albies & Bonito... I hope I'll have a shot at some outboards this year :D

GBOUTDOORS
08-26-2002, 08:14 PM
John the weekend of the 6th could be a hot weekend for them. Where you going to be?????

JohnR
08-26-2002, 08:44 PM
Gee, uhh, I think, err, well....

CUTTYHUNK!!!!

Oh yeh, will need special Loomis Albie Rod too :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

fishsmith
08-27-2002, 09:38 AM
No luck, went from waquoit > hedge fence > middle ground > falmouth harbor > waquoit. Some birds diving, but not many, saw splashes of fish breaking water, I'd guess blues, but the conditions were great and the boat needed to be run. The saying still holds true, "bad day fishing beats a good day at work".

likwid
08-27-2002, 10:12 AM
Mini tanks between cuttyhunk and no mans the other day...

Found em hiding on the last canyons trip before heading north and took one for lunch...

Yep, they're here... still hiding out but they be here...

Gotta chase their movements really, too damn quick to say where they'll be tomorrow...

Cheers

Ted

(btw... hunk is holding some nice keepers over in Cannapissit... they seem to for now be taking broken backs like they're going outa style... nailed a 40 just casting the breaking rip *shrug* that takes care of my curse this year)

GBOUTDOORS
08-27-2002, 05:31 PM
Yes the bonito are all over vinyard sound. We had a great day today chasing them from 8.00 till about 1.00 when we had to go over to Cuttyhunk to rec. the new windows for the house. They were everywhere you looked we had lots of hook ups and lots of quick releases;)

Scotch Bonnet
08-27-2002, 08:00 PM
Greg, what were they hitting(not the Smackit;) )?

GBOUTDOORS
08-28-2002, 05:52 AM
SB most of the action came on small rattle traps in a offwhite color with stripes. Did not think to try the small smackit poper but they say that bonito hit topwaters good also. Will have to try it next time:D

Clammer
08-28-2002, 08:13 AM
I was talking to JohnR the other day and the subject came up/
I caught a 8.5 on a popper in the rocks at Westport plugging for bass//////////////

:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

GBOUTDOORS
08-28-2002, 03:56 PM
Thats it next trip the small smackit is on the line first!