View Full Version : A visit to the old stomping grounds of Boston Harbor

BasicPatrick
08-10-2007, 09:29 AM
I have been missing the old stomping grounds since moving to Hyannis and have not boated or beached a "good fish" in about a month (not that I have had much time to try). I had a standing invite to hook up with another Mike, the new chair of the MSBA Expo and give him some pointers on fishing the area. I called my old fishing partner Captain Mike of Ave Maria and got the latest reports.

Off we went after work last evening. First drift, right after we got to the spot, My friend is on and here is the results...I guestimate 27lbs.

BigFish
08-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Good for Mike! Nice feesh!:uhuh:

BasicPatrick
08-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Oh yeah, while poking around looking to find another for myself, we did run into the infamous one and as usual, he was having a good night himself.

In the end, I struck out, but had a good time visiting the old area and knowing I could still get it done for my friends.

fishsmith
08-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Nice fish!! And is that outboard and early 80's OMC 205hp? Looks just like the one we had years ago.

You put a friend on fish, no K there.

Raider Ronnie
08-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Nice job Pat !
You must be like a kid who has not been home in a long time and is home sick !
Lots of those size (and bigger) fish around up here !

mikeg
08-12-2007, 07:32 AM
The engine is an 85 OMC seadrive. 1.6 liter. They never tagged these engines with a HP rating and this engine could be anything between 90 and 115 horse. Most likely 110HP