View Full Version : Barrington

Mr. Kav
08-27-2002, 08:52 AM
i am going to try my hand at fishing from the beach again. i am an extreme novice at this and i am planning on borrowing a surf rod and wanted to ask you rhode island guys about a place down there. my friend bought a house next to the rhode Island country club on naragganset bay. he asked me to come down and see his new house and was wondering if any of you know that stretch of beach. he is right accross the street from the beach and i am planning on going down and try to fish it with him. what do you think i should try down there? i think i will be bait fishing so any help would be appreciated.

STEVE IN MASS
08-27-2002, 08:58 AM
OMG!!!!! Mr.Kav fishing from the beach!!!!!!

Wonders will never cease......:p :laughs: :D

Van
08-27-2002, 09:39 AM
TRAITOR ....:smash: :smash: :smash: LOL :D

JohnR
08-27-2002, 09:48 AM
MR K - I'm right across the bay from there but I don't chunk the area at all. Right now, there are bass and blues in the bay but I haven't seen any numbers yet like last year. When the big schools come in, it tends to be a topwater game too.

If I had to go from there to go chunkning I'd check out Beavertail in Jamestown or in the Newport/Middletown area for fish.... I'm way out of the loop though on fishing Barrington (other than what I can see peeking across the bay.... Let me know when you're at the beach, I'll wave from the other side :eek5:

Mr. Kav
08-27-2002, 11:22 AM
thanks john i will let you know. i guess i will just throw out a chunk and see what happens.

van, not a traitor i will be back on the water friday, i went out early saturday and one of my motors was acting up so i didn't fish the tournament. it should be fixed by friday. by the way congrats on your finish in the tourney.i would have loved to have been out there.

steve i don't want to hear it !!!!!

Skip N
08-27-2002, 11:50 AM
Hello, I am new to the board but thought I could be of some help regarding fishing down in Barrington. The Blues' were down thier this morning blitzing bait but they stayed about 100yds off the beach. The fish have really just started to show the past few days and it should pick big time as the month goes on. your best bet would be poppers or Kastmasters. Hope they show up for ya!

Van
08-27-2002, 12:09 PM
OK Kav:

You know, I'm just ribbing you anyway...:D

Sorry you missed the fishing, i called you a couple of times cause' I thought I saw a boat like yours out there with the FLEET.

Mr. Kav
08-27-2002, 12:48 PM
No it wasn't me all i did was head out on one motor to pig rock and threw out a couple chunks to watch the sunrise with my girlfriend because she never seen it from a boat and then i put the boat back on the mooring.

Van
08-27-2002, 01:04 PM
Did you haul the boat?
If so, where did you take it?

Are those OMCs fichts ???

Lots of questions eh...

JohnR
08-27-2002, 01:05 PM
Skip - welcome to S-B, I live across the bay just north of Rocky Point... IS the massive school from Conimicut to Patience there yet :D ?

Mr. Kav
08-27-2002, 01:16 PM
Van, yes they are ficht motors, it will be on the dock on friday and they ( 3a marine) come down with their laptop and plug it in the back of each motor and it tells them anything from the highest rpm's that the motor has seen and the date at which it happened to which cylinder isn't firing. it is pretty nice how that works but i have had my share of problems with them but they have replaced and upgraded them when those problems had occured. i haven't had any problems this year except for saturday and they are still under warranty so i will let them tell me what is is going on rather than fool with them myself.

Van
08-27-2002, 01:27 PM
Sounds good, of course I ask for personal reasons.

My last engine was a 150 Johnson Oceanrunner (PIECE OF S**T).
I repowered after only 5 years (of non-stop trouble) for my current 2000' 175 ficht, which,,,, (knock on wood),,, has been trouble free and runs like a top. (3 seasons now).

What year are your powerhouses?

Good luck with the repair and let me know.

Mr. Kav
08-27-2002, 01:32 PM
yes you should be all set with yours. the 150's 1998 and 1999 ( mine ) needed upgrades. i will let you know how it turns out. I have taken alklot of people fishing this year and my friend wants to take me to the block island rip this week on his boat and i think i will give downb there a try maybe tomorrow. he has been consistantly getting 30lb + stripers there. it should be fun especially when i don't have to clean the boat after we go out fishing. there is nothing better than going out on someone elses boat.

Van
08-27-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Kav
there is nothing better than going out on someone elses boat.

COPY THAT !!!!!:D
Good Luck.
V.