View Full Version : Bushy tailed rats--

justplugit
08-13-2007, 04:19 PM
There are 3 shagbark hickory trees in my front yard, one of which over hangs my porch roof.

The roof was clean this morning, until the lil' bastages started eating the nuts, chewing off branches and leaves.
They sit up there and chew them into little pieces all day which sounds like a steady rain on the roof and lawn. Then they tell 2 friends and they tell 2 friends and so on and so on. :(

This will last for 4-6 weeks, meaning everyday i have to blow off the lawn and roof to keep the grass alive and the gutters unclogged. :smash:

Raven
08-13-2007, 04:52 PM
well my Dad once offered me 25 cents per squirrel tail
since they ate the sweet maple tree tips every spring and practically defolliated the entire trees of their leaves.....so lets just say i had
alot of money as a kid and their wasn't any squirells for a 1/4 mile.

you have to sometimes drop your all life is sacred bit and treatem like ole Clammer treats bluefish and get rid of them...=>ALL and draw the line at friggan squirrels

it's just like at my new place....ok...the former owners have been feeding wild turkeys there for 9 straight YEARS and thats gonna end over night because i want no turkeys at all scratchin thru my carefully placed mulch
eating all my earthworms that i just gathered off the golf course...and put there to make my black gold.... i'll sick the dingo on them everytime and if
she kills one , she'll be an extra good dog....lol
and get it'll be roasted for her.
in the words of the cannibal in the little rascals show
yum yum eat em up

so either get yourself a pellet gun or grab a chainsaw and drop that friggan tree with the rats still in it..and make plugs out of it or heat your house with it... geeeeeeee wilikers :smash:

eastendlu
08-13-2007, 05:28 PM
I think that come Thanksgiving you will have fresh tukeys on your plate.

Raven
08-13-2007, 05:58 PM
i'd have to buy a huge shop vac from home depot just to vacume all the down feathers lou so i doubt it... i used to have 75 free range chickens in the mountains of california and trying to eat them was like trying to chew a mouthful of rubber (elastic) bands... patuuuueeeee blaaaah :(

stripersnipr
08-13-2007, 07:57 PM
you have to sometimes drop your all life is sacred bit and treatem like ole Clammer treats bluefish and get rid of them.

We'll call that the :skulz: Eleventh Commandment :skulz: I like it.

ProfessorM
08-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Pellet gun. I took out 15 one summer because they were stealing the peaches right off the trees. Last few years I have noticed a big drop in the amount of squirrels. I think the coyotes are having an impact. Shagbark nuts mmmm mmm good.

2boxers
08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Get a Gamo hunter and have fun

justplugit
08-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Pellet gun.

Don't i wish, used one 25 years ago when i didn't have nosey neighbors.

One of my friends in town shot a few that were knocking the shingles off his house with his 22.

Got caught, neighbor turned him in,went to court, got a $1000 fine, but the worst was he had to hand over ALL his guns. :(

In addition the ASPCA wanted to take him to court for an additional charge of cruelty to animals.

Prosecuter said they had no jurisdiction and it never went any further.

Fishpart
08-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Mother F@#$%^&ers ate ALL my Nectarines.

Abby says, "if we kill them don't they make food for something else?"

My neighbors kid got over 100 2 years ago in the peach orchard, Grandpa thought he would be OK with a $1.00 per tail bounty, little did he know squirrels would make him poor.

Karl F
08-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Have-a-Heart Traps (then take them for a nice loooong truck ride).. or... Agway makes some little square shaped Peanut Butter flavored "rodent snacks: that you could put out....makes them go toes up pronto... if ya got pets.. DO NOT use this method!

justplugit
08-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Have-a-Heart Traps (then take them for a nice loooong truck ride).. or... Agway makes some little square shaped Peanut Butter flavored "rodent snacks: that you could put out....makes them go toes up pronto... if ya got pets.. DO NOT use this method!

Used to get em' with the hava hearts
then take them to the otherside of the reservoir so they
either had to swim or take the bridge back.

But somehow they are like trout, you catch one out of a good hole and the next day there's one to take his place. :hihi:

Btw-carrots are a good bait too.

justplugit
08-16-2007, 03:54 PM
OK, now it's time for some old fashion justice. :hihi:

A dose of their own medicine. :hee:

Raven
08-16-2007, 05:17 PM
pin point accuracy :claps: :rotf2: :rotflmao:

Skitterpop
08-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Pellet gun. I took out 15 one summer because they were stealing the peaches right off the trees. Last few years I have noticed a big drop in the amount of squirrels. I think the coyotes are having an impact. Shagbark nuts mmmm mmm good.

Fisher Cats get them right in their tree cubbies and leaf nests :smokin:
Noticed a lot less squirrels in Onset 2 years after I heard the Cats screeching at night..... new neighbors less rabbits and squirrels :humpty: .

Backbeach Jake
08-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Make a line from the house to a tree. Hang an ear of corn in the middle of that line. Get a chair, sit in it with a pellet gun. Wait. When they come , and they will, aim for the neck. Stay tuned for my recipe for Brunswick Stew...

justplugit
08-16-2007, 07:41 PM
pin point accuracy :claps: :rotf2: :rotflmao:

Ya Rav, i'll save it for you to use as a water finding stick
when i'm done. :grins:

Actually, i need to borrow your Dingo. :hihi:

MAC
08-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Catch a few with the hav a heart trap and dump whole trap in a 55 gallon drum full of water. 5 minutes underwater should suffice. After you acquire 4 or 5 carcasses hang them strategically around the edge of your yard as a warning to all trespassing rodents....:gorez:

bigbuck28
08-23-2007, 10:01 AM
ok realllyyy easy go buy a haveaheart cage trap. Get some peanut butter and put it on crackers. Then set the trap and i can bet my life youll catch all those squirels. You can them bring them somewhere and let them go ..or drop the trap in a pond for a few minutes........