View Full Version : Orvis Clearance Sale going on

bloocrab
08-14-2007, 09:33 PM
:chatter :chatter

Pro Guide 2 Waders regular price $289 Sale price $199

Silver Label 2 - Regular price $239 Sale price $179

...and NO, I'm not an Orvis Sponsor/Dealer/Politician,,,, just a user sharing the love :nopain:

eastendlu
08-15-2007, 06:33 AM
They can keep them!!

bloocrab
08-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Every wader (brand) that I've ever owned has eventually leaked. Whether it was near the booty or in the crotch...I've been unlucky I guess....

In my opinion, there is no KING of waders out there. Aside from the price, the most important thing is customer service. As long as you own 2 pairs of waders in which both have a "NO QUESTIONS ASKED" - return policy, you're all set. Orvis asks a question or two but they will exchange them. LLBean doesn't ask me anything.

When one pair is damaged, I have the 2nd one as back-up until the new one arrives...and so-on. I won't be spending goo-goo dollars on waders anymore. Strictly LLBean. The price is usually decent, and like I said...they ALL leak eventually. It's the return policy that's important to me.

Not sure where I'm going with this...but in case someones' looking for a set of Orvis Waders, they're on clearance right now.

Keep in mind, eastendlu doesn't like them. :wave:

eastendlu
08-15-2007, 10:48 AM
LOL Not that i don't like them but i had orvis silver label and had a bad experience that went on for 3 years.Yes thats how long i went back and forth with them.They sprung a leak a week after a bought them and the guy at the rvis store were i got them would not honor the warrantee said it was my fault it leaked.Called orvis and sent them in and they did the right thing and sent me a new pair.Used them once and the boots started unglueing and peeling off.And once again back and forth and so on.After all was said and done orvis did the right thing and sent me back a check for what i originally paid for them.I bought a pair from a member here cabelas cheaper and defenitely better quality and better price.My .02

fishpoopoo
08-15-2007, 11:50 AM
funny thing about orvis waders.

wear a pair out, send 'em back in, sometimes you get a brand new replacement.

i wonder if this stops anyone from hocking them online (they ARE new waders after all).

lol.

BigFish
08-15-2007, 02:56 PM
I have had 3 pairs of the silver label 2 waders and they have performed about as well as I could expect given that I live in them! If a pair last me 1 hard fished season, I have gotten my monies worth! I actually need to order a new pair right now and some boots too as I put a hook through the ones I have had for a year and a half! I will patch them and use them for backup, but with the fall run coming I can't afford to be without a good pair of waders! Thanks for the heads up!!:kewl:

BMEUPSCOTTY
08-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Im on my first pair of Orvis, but they're the cheaper (Endura?) ones. But at 89$ on sale how can I go wrong? They are alot tougher material than the last ones I had, but I usually don't scrape around much and it's gonna be the booty that leaks first anyways. Worst thing is they don't have a built in gravel guard.

Pete F.
08-16-2007, 05:59 AM
llbean

BillM
11-01-2007, 11:08 AM
I just bought my first pair of Korkers and now I'm looking at waders.I think I want boot foot cause it looks like the cheaper route. Any opinions?

reelecstasy
11-01-2007, 11:09 AM
I have had 3 pairs of the silver label 2 waders and they have performed about as well as I could expect given that I live in them! If a pair last me 1 hard fished season, I have gotten my monies worth! I actually need to order a new pair right now and some boots too as I put a hook through the ones I have had for a year and a half! I will patch them and use them for backup, but with the fall run coming I can't afford to be without a good pair of waders! Thanks for the heads up!!:kewl:

Love mine too, have 2 pairs

Pete F.
11-01-2007, 12:05 PM
I just bought my first pair of Korkers and now I'm looking at waders.I think I want boot foot cause it looks like the cheaper route. Any opinions?
Cheaper but heavier.
I would rather have studded wading boots that are lighter than bootfoots and I don't need Korkers.
The #s add up

numbskull
11-01-2007, 12:57 PM
My experience has been that in the rocks, Korkers offer the best grip, but studded wading boots are good enough, far more comfortable, and offer much better ankle support (which is equally important in avoiding falls). In the sand, wading boots quickly become very uncomfortable....and I ended up buying a 2nd pair of bootfoots. Starting out, bootfoots and korkers probably give you the most versatility for your expenditure, but if you live in the rocks get some Simms G3s and a pair of studded boots.

BillM
11-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks numbskull. I'm trying to get the gear I need but there's no way to judge
these things without going fishing in them.

BasicPatrick
11-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Korkers current (2007) Wader Boots are AWESOME

Pete F.
11-01-2007, 04:37 PM
My experience has been that in the rocks, Korkers offer the best grip, but studded wading boots are good enough, far more comfortable, and offer much better ankle support (which is equally important in avoiding falls). In the sand, wading boots quickly become very uncomfortable....and I ended up buying a 2nd pair of bootfoots. Starting out, bootfoots and korkers probably give you the most versatility for your expenditure, but if you live in the rocks get some Simms G3s and a pair of studded boots.

While I have heard the horror stories about wading boots filling with sand mine, LLBean ultralights, have not had that issue.
I have had some close calls tripping with Korkers because they stick so far below my feet and they make my legs tired after a couple of days. The weeds in Maine and NH are worse than Mass and RI because of the larger tides but I would still rather push the weed out of the way than deal with the Korker leg weights.

nightfighter
11-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I am going to be sending in my Silver Labels to see what they want to do for me..... not leaking, but I get damp...but they have at least three seasons on them! Would definitely get another pair. LLBean is my other pair, much heavier material.