View Full Version : Cap'n John

Squid kids Dad
08-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Called my son up and asked if he wanted to go..To my surprise he said yes...We haven't spent a lot of time togeather lately so this was good....Picked him up at 5:30 a/m..Got down there at 6:15..Nice cool morning..Boarded and all is well...2 hour trip out to our 1st stop...Nothing but dog fish.$%^^%%^...Saw this Coast Guard cutter shadowing us for about a 1/2 hour...Cap'n said lines up were moving..Good...Then all a sudden they re-anchored...Ok everyone away from the gangway...Coasties were going to board us..The friigin inspection took just about 2 hours..Not anybodys fault really...But sh&^t...Took 2 hours away from our fishing time...While we were getting off capn john gave everyone a half of coupon off of next trip...Maybe this doesnt belong in the grumpy forum..Just had to vent

BigFish
08-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Couldn't pay me to go on one of those party boats!:rollem:

Squid kids Dad
08-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey..It was time spent with my son...So it was all good

Slingah
08-17-2007, 04:59 AM
they should have givin you a free trip

BigFish
08-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Time spent with son is great! Sitting there for 2 hours while they do whatever is ridiculous! You, the paying customer, set aside the time and the hard earned money to take the trip and they do that?!?!?! Not to mention the Cap'n John boat folks are penalized losing all that money they must credit folks with or refund!:doh:

RIJIMMY
08-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I agree, that inspectin could asily have taken place at the dock, when no customers were around. With all the possible threats these days, somehow I dont think fishing party boats are much of a risk

UserRemoved1
08-17-2007, 11:14 AM
I agree. Do it at the dock when the boat isn't making money. jerks.

I agree, that inspectin could asily have taken place at the dock, when no customers were around. With all the possible threats these days, somehow I dont think fishing party boats are much of a risk

RIROCKHOUND
08-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Been through enough COI (cert. of inspection) with the CG's on the tour boat to know. It becomes easy to give them the right answer/right drills at the dock when you know they are coming :hidin:

Much harder when unprepared... were they checking the fish out at all? or just the boat/crew?

Squid kids Dad
08-17-2007, 03:13 PM
I understand completely..They were just checking the boat and crew..

Uncle Matt
08-17-2007, 03:18 PM
People usually complain when something happens and the CG is not around. I've never been boarded but I'm personally glad they are out doing their job. I've owned boats for 7 years now so I realize I'm due. It's unfortunate it took so long but that's the way it goes. Let them do their job, be patient with them and get over it. I'm sure their intention was not to ruin all of the customers day.

Squid kids dad has it right. The glass is half full not half empty. He spent some time with his son and he's no worse for wear.