View Full Version : report thread 6.13 - 6.18

niko
08-18-2007, 10:03 AM
let's start a reports thread. nothing to specific. no burning or flaming please. i've seen it on other boards and it can work. i'll start. 6.13 work was a no go so we fished from 9 am till 4 pm. lots of birds w/ schoolies under them. very fusy, they were on tiny bunker and were really keyed on it. moved around found pods of fish here and there, but even the blues had lockjaw. when the tide got moving again we found a huge patch of floating weeds and the blues were teeing off on the peanuts and now they were biting. we managed around 40 fish between the 2 of us but couldn't get any bass under them. all fish released and poppers were the lure of choice. 6.15 fished 6 am - 11 am. fished locally.schoolies w/ lock jaw. only managed to catch 1 on a shad, 20" or so. the blues were scattered and the fog was thick till it burned off around 10. you'd only get 1 shot at them and they were down. tried trolling an umbrella rig w/ no success - but i didn't really give it a chance so i ended up running and gunning. ended up w/ a 1/2 dozen blues w/ 1 big boy at 38". 6.17 fished 6pm - 10 pm was a little breezy and got really wet at 8 o'clock . threw poppers at schoolies w/ no luck and couldn't find the blues. should have stayed home. 6.18 fished the canal fom 5 am till 9 am. lots of little fish breaking but didn't want whatever i threw at them. i managed to snag 2 of them but that was it. it got windy and i went home. i'm headed to the vinyard tomorow for a few days, hopefully will have some reports next week.

JohnR
08-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Niko - reports are fine from members, just use general localities if you are going to you locations. "I hammered them on the west side of Scorton's Ledge last night " is way too much detail :hee: