View Full Version : Opinion on This Inflatable

Adam_777
08-19-2007, 10:36 AM
OK I had a canoe early this season.Got a warning from the landlord.It was fun in the ponds brought me to the fish.So after the warning I sold the Canoe and grabbed a kayak.After going out maybe 4 or 5 times landlord again warned me and said in breach of lease so I sold the yak.Still looking to cruise the shorelines and rockpiles of the inner bay area I was thinking about an inflatable.While searching I came across this kayak/boat from saturn.Looks to be a pretty good way to get on the water and be able to hide it from the landlord.What do you guys think ?I'm most likely getting one either way but wanted a few more opinions.

http://www.boatstogo.com/kayaks.asp

BW from AZ
08-19-2007, 11:52 PM
1100 Denier PVC fabric its made of sounds good but could be heavy for one man to handle. took 4 of us to manhandle the big one my step father had. his held a 15hp outboard. i like the idea.

Duke41
08-20-2007, 06:26 AM
whats your landlords problem? I am a landlord and I do not see the issue.

RIROCKHOUND
08-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Some leases (like mine) say NO BOATS

Uncle Matt
08-20-2007, 01:11 PM
I'd move before going through all of that crap. Sounds like this guy is going to be on your case. Maybe it's time to bring home some stripers and gut them where he and everyone can see it. Or this fall shoot a deer and hang it from a tree on the property where everyone can see it. When he asks or confronts you, which he inevitably will, tell him you did not see any mention it in the lease prohibiting it. Maybe then the whole hidden canoe lying under the trees won't be such a bad thing.

Adam_777
08-22-2007, 08:05 AM
The whole inflatable idea is to be able to put it away after I get it home and wash it.At that point it would be a bag and not a boat.I like the idea of gutting the striper or the hanging deer.I drive a truck so I can inflate it at home and launch it anywhere my truck can go.Once it comes I'll design a cart with some beach wheels.Blow it up,toss it in the truck load gear in,drive to beach pull out of truck and onto the cart down to the water.Weight of the boat is 50lbs .My kayak was the same and was very mobile with the cart I made for it.I thank you guys for your opinions and ideas.I'll rehash the thread after it's been tried and tested.

MarshCappa
08-22-2007, 08:52 AM
I bought from a company called Sea Eagle many years ago and they were awesome. I still have the kayak and I bought it as a repair. Check out their site. I bought the 330. I'll sell it you for cheap if you want. The company is great and if anything goes wrong they replace the product.

http://www.seaeagle.com/Default.aspx