View Full Version : An 82 minute Ordeal!

BigFish
08-24-2007, 05:41 AM
Nicole Ritchie was released from jail after serving 82 minutes of her 4 day sentence! It must have been pure hell for her.....poor, little, pregnant, silver spoon fed, pampered, spoiled, privileged, skankbag!!!! I am sick and tired of these double standards between the "special people" and those of us who make this country tick!!!:realmad: It gets worse by the day!!!!:bsod:

BigBo
08-24-2007, 06:18 AM
I'll bet that put a real fear into her to clean up her act. Not likely.:uhoh: :behead:

fishpoopoo
08-24-2007, 06:53 AM
well, you gotta put this into perspective, larry ...

this was her first DUI offense.

think of all the other more violent criminals that are in overcrowded prisons that have higher priority.

this is symptomatic of s. california ... it needs more prison space. :think:

fishsmith
08-24-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm surprised this didn't happen to her sooner, I can't imagine the amount of booze I'd need after being raised on Lionel Richie music.

Mike P
08-24-2007, 07:37 AM
How many people here in Mass go to jail on their third OUI?

The way sentencing works--you get credit for the time you spent in police custody awaiting arraignment. Any part of a day that you spend in any sort of custody counts as a "day" of your sentence. Arrested at 11:55 PM, see the judge next morning at 10, you have 2 days in custody. Surrender for sentence at 4 PM, serve 8 hours, and get released at 12:01 AM next morning, as jails don't like to keep people any longer than they have to.

There's your 4 days in jail serving what--18 hours and change?

In Ritchie's case, she probably had 2 days in police custody, and California probably knocks one day out of 4 off your sentence for "good behavior". She goes in and stays in only long enough for them to complete paperwork, and serves the balance of her sentence handcuffed to a chair.

Lots of people get treated better than this on a first offense DUI/OUI. The fact that she served any time at all for it tells me that she was treated worse than the average defendant because of her celebrity.

Karl F
08-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Larry.. as someone in the end of the business that distibutes the evil liquid, come spend a day on the "G.O.B." bench where I work.. I'll give you the run down of who did what as they leave...
Lots of "Regular People".. that done much worse.. many times, and are still out there.. behind the wheel too...
the celebs get the press... Joe Slimebag, with 3 OUI's and several drug charges, gets two sentences in the local court report... and another slap on the wrist.. :whackin:

Uncle Matt
08-24-2007, 08:09 PM
It's just a matter of time before either Brittany Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, or Nicole Ritchie get into a serious wreck and kill someone. Gee I hope it's not a judge or defense attorney that gets wacked. Giggle giggle giggle.....

Either that or they are found dead from an overdose, ala River Pheoenix. I can't exactly say the world will be a lesser place without any or all of them.

Nebe
08-24-2007, 08:46 PM
larry you need to do what i did a few months ago- throw away the TV, cancel your newspaper and just pay attention to YOU. It really works out for the best. :D