View Full Version : I'm glad I called in sick today.

ilovetwofish
08-24-2007, 09:09 AM
It is always A good day when you call in sick and catch fish.I was gonna go out on the yak this morning but the fog was way to thick for my comfort so I decided to go fish the rocky surf.From 5:30 till 8:30 there was a bass blitz one fish after another all 24" to 32"Between the current the rocks and the high surf each fish felt like a 30 pounder I was exhausted.And then the bluefish blitzes were mixed in also what A fantastic morning.The fish were still there when I left at about 9:00 i'm going out with the family this afternoon and then i'll be back in the surf tonight I cant wait.There is nothing better then surffishing!

EricM
08-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Nice call. What was it that gave you the idea to call in sick? Logbook clues or just a feeling? For me, I will never again disobey the urge to call in sick after I blew it last year in December...lesson learned. Very glad it worked out for you today, sounds perfect!

The Iceman 6
08-24-2007, 12:41 PM
That's just a great day....cough...cough.....

ilovetwofish
08-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Nice call. What was it that gave you the idea to call in sick? Logbook clues or just a feeling? For me, I will never again disobey the urge to call in sick after I blew it last year in December...lesson learned. Very glad it worked out for you today, sounds perfect!

Some fellow fisherman gave me a heads up and I usually take fridays off from now till november the past few years pretty much been the same pattern.

EricM
08-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Sounds good, and I like the friday off plan thru nov., congrats again, great day.