View Full Version : Clean fishing area!

lurch
08-29-2007, 07:02 AM
I went on a recon mission at a north shore location and was impressed with how clean the area was. GREAT JOB!!

Slick Moedee
08-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Not quite sure where you went, but as I primarily fish the Cape Ann area I have noticed an unbelievable amount of crap at some of the areas. Unbelievably frustrating to be a what should be a beautyful spot only to see the remains of someone else's outting. Just carry the %$%$%$%$ out, it sure as hell is lighter that when you carried it in. Sorry started to rant, perhaps I shoould be in the G.O.F. thread.

Rockport24
08-29-2007, 09:01 AM
yeah I'd be interested to know where you are talking about because a lot of the popular spots are getting nasty, it's a shame people don't have more respect

Adam_777
08-29-2007, 09:35 AM
I see alot of the mess and it irritates me.Call me a sucker but I want to grab a couple trashbags and clean up after all the messmakers leave the trash.Personally I've learned to roll lighter when I go.Plugbag and pole and anything thats fits in my pockets like fone,wallet and bugspray.Even if my PP knots up I cut the line and put it in my back pocket and toss it in the garbage.I hate to say it but it's mostly the guys going for the scup with 17 poles per person taking up half of the fishing area.My spot is getting littered pretty bad lately so I'm going to ask my neighbor to walk the area with me and clean it up.Also I'm looking to get the DEM to start doing random greencard checks in the area.

american spirit
08-29-2007, 12:34 PM
i'm not sure how popular my north shore spots are, but i never see any garbage left over from fishing outings. why should there be? people should be pluggin and not throwing bait anyway. :D eels are beneficial lots of times, but they fit nicely in a collapsable cooler strapped to your wading belt. and your leaders go in your plug bag. red balls in the plug bag, and maybe a snack bar or two. that's it.

fishpoopoo
08-29-2007, 04:26 PM
WHERE???!!!!!

gimme two hours with a local church congregation, and i gawruntee you won't have that clean beach probrem anymore.

RickBomba
08-29-2007, 07:53 PM
I always bring a garbage bag?
Thanks,
Rick

EarnedStripes44
08-30-2007, 12:04 PM
I fish the north shore fairly often. There is a pier jutting out into the mouth of the Saugus River, its infamous for its litter. There is more garbage on this thing than there is wood. I'm talkin' empty sea worm boxes, plastic bags, leaders, rusty hooks, beer cans, rags, fish guts (Yes, I saw another fishermen bleed and gut a dogfish and left the entrails to rot on the walkway) and even a used condom one early morning. To say the place is so f***** nasty is an understatement. It makes me sick. This is also the same place where I saw a guy poach five undersized fish in an 1 hour. I was pissed, considering I was not catching anything. The fishermen in the burbs are much cleaner.

Slick Moedee
08-30-2007, 01:40 PM
I notices a spot up in Rockport that used to be accessible, sure enough bunch of trash had been left there over the last couple of weeks, and bang "NO Trespassing signs" are posted all around it. I just don't get folks mindset in leaving their crap behind. Didn't they see the crying Indian (Italian) commercial back in the day. Give a hoot.

Slick Moedee
08-30-2007, 01:45 PM
link to commercial:
http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/499/