View Full Version : A Fishing Related Chuckle...

STEVE IN MASS
08-30-2002, 01:19 PM
Well for me, anyway.....

You guys remember Charlie?.....he graced the front page of this site for a time last Fall....for you newer guys and gals, Charlie is my grandfather, pushing 87 years old....:)

Anyway, I just got a call from my grandmother, and she was none too pleased. Seems I talked with Pop earlier today, a lot about fishing. Said to him that I should have gone this AM, and he said he was thinking the same thing. Told him that I would probably go sometime this weekend, not sure when yet.

He said "I was gonna go down to Horeseneck, but it's probably too late in the day already". I told him "Hey it's overcast, shouldn't matter much."

An hour or so later, he mentioned to my grandmother he wanted to go, and she said "Charlie, I'm not going with you today!!!...."

So, I guess he decided to pack up the car, and he just disappeared on her. She called me and asked if I had said I would met him there, and told her "No, I didn't say that"

"Well, I guess he just went on his own....Will there be anybody there?....The traffic for the Holiday!"....etc, etc. "Oh, THAT MAN!"

All I could really say to her is "I hope he catches a big fish!"

So Red, if ya see a short old man in your area holding a thirty pounder, say "Hi" for me.....;)
:D