View Full Version : Rich waterfront home owners hiring police detail

cheferson
09-01-2007, 08:14 PM
To kick people off the rocks!!! %$%$%$%$ing #$@%s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g mother%$%$%$%$ers :realmad: ruined my break

Raven
09-02-2007, 05:46 AM
it'll taste sweet

Backbeach Jake
09-02-2007, 08:40 AM
There is something very wrong with hiring police to protect private interest. The police are already hired, by the general public ,to protect the general public.
If they should feel the need to arrest you , are the police really police at that moment or security guards?
Gentry=:yak6:

MAC
09-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Is this a breachway? And if so how can the people own the rocks?

Swimmer
09-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Now you get into the intertidal zone and all that bull...What state was this in, just curious?

cheferson
09-02-2007, 11:27 AM
RI, not a breachway. I believe police have the same rights to arrest off duty . Shoved his badge up in my face and gave me a ration of %$%$%$%$, thought was a security guard at first.

Backbeach Jake
09-02-2007, 12:30 PM
"Rights to arrest" do not equal "Duty to enforce the Law" Police who sell their positions to intimidate are common whores. A part time, off the clock job defending the "View" against fishing "riff-raff" serves no one but the self perceived elite. This Country is not going to hell in a hand basket it's there and the basket is on fire...Friggin lackeys...

MAC
09-02-2007, 02:34 PM
I'd bring it to the attention of his Chief.

cheferson
09-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Not worth the trouble of pissing off these guys, i have to drive all the way out to the tip of newport 6 days a week and im ussally not going the speed limit.

Pete_G
09-03-2007, 09:01 AM
To kick people off the rocks!!! %$%$%$%$ing #$@%s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g mother%$%$%$%$ers :realmad: ruined my break

PN ?

cheferson
09-03-2007, 09:12 AM
to the right of there.

Swimmer
09-03-2007, 11:33 AM
I am curious if he was in uniform, a hired detail, or just someone with a badge who can't mind his business. Every weekend in Bourne, just over the bridge, if you drive through Gray Gables out to the island there is a detail officer keeping anyone from driving into the area. I don't think the area is private if town water is out there, the roads are plowed in the winter by the town and so forth. Nobody questions it so it goes on unchecked. On the rocks is another story altogether. It sucks either way. Wouldn't happen where I work.

cheferson
09-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Said he was hired by landowners, had badge which he showed me closely :) , and a PD t-shirt.

MAC
09-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I'll bet that wasn't a detail. I'd also bet it isn't legal using his authority if it isn't a detail out of the dept.

capesams
09-03-2007, 05:22 PM
If the land owner/'s do indeed own the land the rocks are sitting on, they can and do have the right to keep you off...in these times one person only needs to slip and crack their head on someones property , then inturns sues the owner..around here it's common to be kicked off the rocks in front of any home because they own the land and paid for the rock retaining wall.

you'd have to do a title search to find out about the area your treading on to see if it's public or private .Here in ma. you do have the right to fish,fowl or navagate on private water front, but only to get to the other side and not plant your feet on said property.

Pete_G
09-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Chef, send me the details when you get a minute. I know PN has been guarded for while now (I'm hoping they give up post Labor Day as they often do) but if the police detail has been expanded I need to know where.