View Full Version : cool site today

Nebe
09-02-2007, 07:54 PM
driving over the newport bridge today at my usual speed of 35 to 40 mph enjoying the view, i spotted 2 schools of what i am guessing were pogies- the water was stained a rich greenish brown color from all of their backs- it was big too....

the thought of pulling over to snag and drop crossed my mind, but I dont think that would go over well with the police:rollem:

piemma
09-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Nebe, they are Bluefish schools. I was on them this morning. There are schools from the the South tip of Prudence to South of the Newport Bridge. I have noticed that the schools take on a greenish gold color this year. Never noticed it before.

Fish in real slop this morning with 3 to 4 foot waves but the Blues were all 10 lbs and up. Caught them till my arms and legs were tired from the fish and the waves. Once you got North of the lighthouse at Sandy Point it flattened out some.

RIJIMMY
09-03-2007, 07:33 PM
i've never seen so many bluefish in my life. I caught them almost every cast for two hrs, then while heading in, I stopped to get some snappers outside the harbor to liveline for bass the next morning, suddenly the snappers start skipping across the surface, the next second monster blues start eating the snappers. I was into them for another 45 mintutes.
is it always like this?

piemma
09-04-2007, 05:44 AM
It is in September....

fishaholic18
09-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Better get Clammer out there b4 the Blues take over...:gorez::gorez:

bassballer
09-04-2007, 03:24 PM
yeah ive noticed it to in that area. Blues as far as the eye can see eating anything in site. Was working some topwater a couple days ago and 2 pops of a pencil 8-10lbs of choppa on. Was like this until i put a hook through my finger an hour later.