View Full Version : Empty Nesters

Flaptail
09-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Wow, after a few sad moments dropping off both my daughters to college this past weekend, suddenly we realized, "this is freakin' awesome!!!!!!

No messes, house is as you left it when you return and the cat and dog are glad to see you, no fighting for bathroom time, yelling to pick up after themselves, who has the car now? You need how much money? why?

Peace and quiet, plus the wife is back in the classroom too. Man this is pure heaven.

The Dad Fisherman
09-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Now you can Adopt....:hee:

Rappin Mikey
09-05-2007, 10:20 AM
That's funny. My wife and I were staying at my parents for a few months until we could get our certificate of occupancy and get into the new house. We just moved out last night. The funny thing is, we got the OK from the building inspector two weeks ago. Both my wife and parents kept coming up with excuses why we should stay with them for one more night. Well 2 weeks later we're finally in. It was like an episode from the Twilight Zone. I guess it could be worse, they could hate each other. I have to admit, it was kind of nice staying with them for a while.

Backbeach Jake
09-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the club, Flaptail. Now you'll get a moment to take a breath and rediscover how cool your spouse is...

daceman63
09-05-2007, 11:31 AM
T minus two years and counting...

congrats :kewl:..

one of my older brothers, after he had them all vacate.. said it's great to.. uh.. "do it" on the sofa in the living room, or whatever room the mood strikes again, after breakfast, or when ever.. :hihi:

yeah....as long as his wife doesn't find out....lmao!!!

justplugit
09-05-2007, 12:09 PM
It's all good Flap, all good. :hihi: Like Clammah says, "enjoy what you have", and i'll add, "now".

Quick, combine the 2 bedrooms and install a giant Jacuzzi. :grins:

Flaptail
09-05-2007, 12:55 PM
It's all good Flap, all good. :hihi: Like Clammah says, "enjoy what you have", and i'll add, "now".

Quick, combine the 2 bedrooms and install a giant Jacuzzi. :grins:

OOH, A love tub? I like it!:btu:

BigBo
09-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts.

They come back!!!!!!!!!:hidin:
Mine did.:mad:

ProfessorM
09-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Wow Steve I am just about your age and my daughter just started first grade this week. I will be senile by the time my nest is empty and then I will need her around to take care of me.

chris L
09-05-2007, 02:32 PM
T minus two years and counting...

congrats :kewl:..

one of my older brothers, after he had them all vacate.. said it's great to.. uh.. "do it" on the sofa in the living room, or whatever room the mood strikes again, after breakfast, or when ever.. :hihi:

BC ( before children ), just like it used to be the 1st 10 years I was married . Im jealous ! I have 8 more years before I can even think about it .

stripersnipr
09-05-2007, 03:04 PM
A couple of months after my 19 year old get's his wings and leaves the nest about four years after his 22 year old sister did the same, it went something like this:
Southbound 95, cell phone rings.
I answer, "Hello".
She: "Hi its me".
Me: "Whats up?".
She: "Are you sitting down?"
Me: "Yeah, why?"
She: "Are you sure your sitting?"
Me: "Yeah, Whats wrong?"
She: "Nothings wrong"
Me: "Then why do I need to be sitting down?"
She: "Because, We're going to have a baby".

So much for the empty nest.

BigBo
09-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Wow Steve I am just about your age and my daughter just started first grade this week. I will be senile by the time my nest is empty and then I will need her around to take care of me.
Paul, that was me sitting in front of you at the MSBA Plug Night with my grandson who just started first grade. I'll be twice as senile. :bsod::wave:

spence
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM
A couple of months after my 19 year old get's his wings and leaves the nest about four years after his 22 year old sister did the same, it went something like this:
Southbound 95, cell phone rings.
I answer, "Hello".
She: "Hi its me".
Me: "Whats up?".
She: "Are you sitting down?"
Me: "Yeah, why?"
She: "Are you sure your sitting?"
Me: "Yeah, Whats wrong?"
She: "Nothings wrong"
Me: "Then why do I need to be sitting down?"
She: "Because, We're going to have a baby".

So much for the empty nest.

On that note, I have a very nice Peg Perego high chair in excellent condition...do you need it?

-spence

Katie
09-06-2007, 04:59 AM
its T minus 1 year for me.. just don't know where and what to do. :p

Raven
09-06-2007, 06:12 AM
look for the signs.... and feel it...

don't think it....

let it happen... there are certain events that if
you look at them a little bit closer you'll decide
that this is happening for a reason however obscure
>>>> now<<<< it will all make sense later in retrospect
so don't waste your time trying to figure it out

but also, use you INSTINCT and listen closely to what
your inner voice says and don't ignore it...or dismiss it
because more often than not......... it's right on target.
================================================== =========
Enjoy Flap .....get the jacuzzi but make sure
you can see the shooting stars... :btu:

eastendlu
09-06-2007, 07:54 AM
3 more years for me and then i might buy the farm.:wavey:

stripersnipr
09-06-2007, 08:35 AM
On that note, I have a very nice Peg Perego high chair in excellent condition...do you need it?

-spence

I'll check with the clan.

Bronko
09-06-2007, 09:16 AM
I'll check with the clan.

Be careful Snipr. This may be a trap.:hihi:

(Seriously though, Peg Perego is great stuff. I'd expect nothing else from Sir Spence)

Thom
09-08-2007, 08:14 AM
YOU need how much money and for what. I bet it is cheaper than what college is costing. ThomT

Adam_777
09-08-2007, 08:55 AM
My son started kindergarten last week.I'm 30 so I'll be old and probably crippled by the time the nest is empty.Enjoy the freedom while the rest of us can only dream of what you have!

capesams
09-10-2007, 06:22 AM
Jr's been back to school for 2 weeks now, seems everytime he leaves the wife finds more work for me to do around the house:mad:

he's my lower back...can you move this, how about helping me with, he never complains about the work.I like having him home.

He just bought a home near school,up state NY,cute place,minty shape,9 hour drive from here.wife said we have a new vac home to go too..o-boy....dad !when you come up can you bring your tools?and you thought you were going to get some free time now their gone:laugha:

whiplash
09-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Please check your PM'S