View Full Version : Handcarved Mullet

pops
09-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Here is a mullet ...well it looks like one to me:uhuh:

numbskull
09-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Here is a mullet ...well it looks like one to me:uhuh:

When you're hot, you're hot.....and you're hot. Nice work.

pops
09-05-2007, 07:25 PM
eye is more cosmetic than functional...bye product of an incident with a drill...one thing led to another and now i use an exacto to ad a > in front of the eye....

justplugit
09-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Perfecto, Pops. :btu: How deep are they swimming?

pops
09-05-2007, 08:00 PM
These can go 2 ft with 3/0 ....a pair of 4/0 gains a 1/2-1 foot deeper and a few feet further casting :rotf2: ...also helps avoid rollout ...still playing with siwash ...all good:smash: never knew there was so much in tuning a plug.

tattoobob
09-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Nice work, great color

numbskull
09-06-2007, 06:17 AM
These can go 2 ft with 3/0 ....a pair of 4/0 gains a 1/2-1 foot deeper and a few feet further casting :rotf2: ...also helps avoid rollout ...still playing with siwash ...all good:smash: never knew there was so much in tuning a plug.

You have a nice shape there. If you want something to go deep, you might try moving the lip a fraction more forward, a shallower slant, and perhaps slightly more length. A belly weight 2/3 way back might help the casting, as long as there is enough downward push by the lip to counteract it and get the plug level when moving forward during the retrieve. As for roll, I'm not sure. In general I think wider is more waggle and longer more wiggle, but the position of the line tie in relation to the midline of the plug and the distance ahead of the lip is probably also a factor.

pops
09-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Thanks , Im trying variations on dddeeper divers...

justplugit
09-06-2007, 11:52 AM
You have a nice shape there. If you want something to go deep, you might try moving the lip a fraction more forward, a shallower slant, and perhaps slightly more length. A belly weight 2/3 way back might help the casting, as long as there is enough downward push by the lip to counteract it and get the plug level when moving forward during the retrieve. As for roll, I'm not sure. In general I think wider is more waggle and longer more wiggle, but the position of the line tie in relation to the midline of the plug and the distance ahead of the lip is probably also a factor.

Oh the fun of tuning, Pops. :)

Good stuff NS, thank you. :btu:

Raven
09-06-2007, 05:05 PM
never knew there was so much in tuning a plug.

:wid: ........... now there's a good topic for a new thread...

plug tuning 101 :think:

ps: great lil plug there pops!