View Full Version : Romo vs. Brees

zacs
09-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Who do you think I should start this weekend on my fantasy team?

Not for the S-B league, I am not in that one.

Brees is playing in Tampa
Romo is playing in Miami

Thoughts?

fishbones
09-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Brees. Romo is a good QB, but don't expect him to have games like last week very often. I think Brees is more likely to have big games cosistently than Romo. Romo manages the game well, but Brees is in more of a pass oriented offense.

The Dad Fisherman
09-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Bress....Miami has the better of the 2 defenses out of the choices

fishsmith
09-12-2007, 10:21 AM
I agree with the Brees votes. Just check out Miami's record at home in HOT SEPTEMBER.

zacs
09-12-2007, 10:39 AM
all good points. Just to point out, Brees scrored a big fat ZERO fantasy points last week vs. indy. This is why I am so gunshy. Romo led the league in passing yds.

It is hot in Tampa too :D

I will probably start Brees.

CBS sportsline ranks Romo a 17 and Breese 15 projected fantasy points.

fishsmith
09-12-2007, 11:40 AM
good point, I didn't know the aints were playing the bucs. Tampa's chucky is on the hot seat, so they'll be playing balls to the wall, and Miama has a rookie head coach. decisions decisions.

I had the 8th pick in my draft and took P.Manning, so my pick for qb is easy till his week off. I lost Brandon Jacobs last week and my kicker Grahm is looking rough. I do have Marques Colston, so I hope he and Brees hook up early and often.

zacs
09-12-2007, 12:07 PM
i lost jacobs too. I have LT, but now my #2 is Fred Taylor.

I think I am going to try to trade Romo for a good RB.

zacs
09-12-2007, 12:08 PM
also, just swap out for a new kicker. There are always good kickers available.

fishbones
09-12-2007, 12:36 PM
I would stick with Graham. I picked him up because he has a good track record and Cincy will put up a lot of points and move the ball well this year. With Brees, I still think he'll do well this week. Gruden may be a good defensive coach, but you still need the players to make plays. Miami has a lot of veterans on defense that are not worn out yet, and they know how to play no matter what the coach does.