View Full Version : Schoolie Tuna in close - Race Pt

fishonnelsons
09-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Guy comes into the shop yesterday - 15 ft tin boat trolling for bass, see's a breaking school outside the lobster pot line. Shoots over, with a surf rod and a 750 penn with 300 yds of power pro, tosses a green mackeral bomber. Hooks up twice, gets towed from Wood End to Race Pt, but sadly broken off right at the boat. Guestimated size around sixty pounds.

fishsmith
09-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Thats to bad he didn't land it, but I'll bet that was the ride of his life.

Rick Ackley
09-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Fish was probably half the size of his boat. Must have been a blast though.

Raider Ronnie
09-13-2007, 09:15 PM
There are tuna there lots of the time!
Had a giant jump right in front of my boat inside the lobster pot line last year!

Pete_G
09-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Saw you out there yesterday (Thursday) Ronnie pulling bars around. Or I think that was you. If you saw an extremely irritated red-head in the bow of a 21' CC Parker hooked up on heavy spin tackle to a leviathan that was sulking below the boat and using the current to it's advantage, that was me...:hihi:

That evil beast really took everything to the limit. Without question the hardest, dirtiest fighting 120 or so pound tuna I've ever encountered. I've beaten a bunch around that size on spin fairly quickly but that one beat me as much as I beat him...

I'm about to sit down to some VERY lightly cooked tuna right now, so it worked out in the end.