View Full Version : 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Turbo Diesel

dpmacv
09-13-2007, 11:27 AM
2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Turbo Diesel Trail Rated. Little less than 13,000 miles. Mileage 22 m.p.g. local 28 m.p.g. highway. Every option but GPS. Well maintained with transferable extended warranty. Mint condition. Located Quakertown, PA. Call 215-536-8443 for more information. I have photos and a list of standard and optional equipment. E-mail me and I will gladly forward these to you. This Jeep has never been off road or on the sand.

Thank you.

Rockport24
09-13-2007, 11:59 AM
:spam:

zacs
09-13-2007, 12:55 PM
http://img78.echo.cx/img78/9008/lame4yq.gif

ThrowingTimber
09-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I see a boot in your future. :rotflmao:

luds
09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
:behead:

dpmacv
09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Forgive me if I'm missing something. A friend of mine is trying to sell this Jeep and he asked me to give him a hand. I been surf fishing since about 1984 and am a regular reader of this site. I thought this might be a place to try to list it as it seems that it would be a good beach buggy for a die hard diesel fan. I read the posting warning before listing and it didn't seem to violate any rules.

If I did any thing that was not above board please let me know what is wrong. The bunch of smilies that are in response don't seem to clarify things for me.

Raven
09-13-2007, 02:33 PM
is just to sell something!

you never introduced yourself as a regular reader
so you are in the lurker category
and when an unknown tries to sell something that fast
we all think of it as spam...

now if you had said: hi , my name is so and so

and i've been reading at S-B for x number of months or years

and have decided to jump on in... blah blah blah...

we'd all welcome you aboard

then if you said....hey ? any one looking for a
good 2005 diesel jeep for the sand?

it wouldn't have flown over like a lead balloon

i hope that is an accurate translation

notice: no smiley's were harmed during this message

zacs
09-13-2007, 02:42 PM
raven is right.

To us it looks like you just signed up to try to sell a car..... which I guess is what you did.:hs:

Rockport24
09-13-2007, 03:02 PM
yeah what these guys said is true, we don't usually take too kindly to a first time poster trying to sell something.
If you have been surfcasting for over 20 years you probably have a lot to contribute to the discussions here and we would welcome and appreciate that.
part of the reason why this site is so great is because we have a lot of "givers" and not just takers, which is what you are coming off as here.

macojoe
09-13-2007, 05:23 PM

zacs
09-13-2007, 09:26 PM

fair enough...

i guess, welcome to S-B, dpmacv.

but your first post after two solid years of lurking is to sell a car???
:spin:

gf2020
09-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Let's cut the guy some slack, he's been here for 2 years. Not everybody has a lot to say.

I for one would like to see some pictures, those CRD Libertys are pretty rare.

luds
09-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Nothing wrong with lurking either. :bo:

Charleston
09-13-2007, 10:28 PM
welcome, how much are you asking for the Jeep?

dpmacv
09-14-2007, 01:33 PM
I would like to say that I was completely taken aback by the response that I received after my post of yesterday afternoon.

First a few facts to be considered. This Jeep is not mine and I stand to benefit not one iota from its sale. I moved to my current address a little over a year ago and was befriended by a fellow in the neighborhood who is on disability and social security. He is one hell of guy and his honesty is beyond reproach. He also is computer illiterate and is not really interested in learning how to use one. Over the course of the last few months I have helped list some of his collectables on E-Bay, again, for nothing other than trying to help him out. A few weeks ago he approached me about help in selling his Jeep. Without hesitation, I agreed. Yesterday, he drove to my place where I took a few photos. Together, we wrote the ad and placed on the Philadelphia Craigslist.

After that, I mentioned a few surf fishing forums that I peruse on occasion and decided that someone in the surf fishing community may be interested in his car. There are three forums that I normally read and the first one had a set of rules posted for listing in the classifieds. The rules stated that in order to post I would have had to posted at least fifteen times in order to post an ad. I did not meet that criteria so I passed on that site. Then I went to this site of which I had been a member for the past two years. We read the rules before posting and as there was no such restriction, we posted the ad. Had there been any mention of this, I can assure you, we wouldn’t have done so.

Now, the question as to why I haven’t posted more often. These forums have been a treasure trove of good information buried for the most part in reams of detritus. If I am looking for an opinion an a particular piece of equipment or tackle, I conduct a search and without fail, I am inundated with everything I needed to know. Without fail. Why would I want to waste everyone’s time and energy going over the same topic again. I consider it rude and believe me I don’t consider myself that important to require a personalized response to a question that has been answered numerous times before. Every subject that I could possibly need an answer to has been covered on this, and every other site, ad-nauseam and ad-infinitum.

As far as me sharing my fishing knowledge on this forum, I can assure you that there are folks on this site that have forgotten more than I know or will ever hope to know about anything concerning this sport.

I might also say that in my years on the beaches up and down the east coast I have run into my share of idiots and googans and I try my best to turn the other cheek. I have also met and befriended some of the finest humans to inhabit this land and have also gone out of my way to help a fellow fisherman in any way possible. I’ve lost count of the amount of homemade metal lures that I have given to those who expressed interest in them.

I must tell you that I was extremely disappointed and hurt be my welcome here.

May I make a suggestion in closing and then you folks will never have hear from me again. Change the rules of posting classifieds so that you may only do so after a set number of postings if that’s your wish.

fishsmith
09-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Settle down DP, This is northern hospitality :bl2: the harsh response you get here is because we actually do give two $hits about the other members here. As I'm sure you knowthe internet is breeding grounds for scumbags and to begin your participation to this forum by selling something is questionable. If you're post came during the winter doldrums, it would of been 100x worse.

To all those who blasted this guy, thanks for looking out for the rest of us. :kewl: :gu:

Charleston
09-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Once again the elitist attitude chases away a good member!! Some of you guys need to rethink your position!!

fishsmith
09-14-2007, 03:14 PM
cry me a river.

Charleston
09-14-2007, 03:36 PM
cry me a river.

Not crying my friend, just stating fact!
BTW, what were you protected from by putting this guy down?

striperking70
09-14-2007, 05:17 PM
How the hell is a guy trying to sell a jeep spam or a scam? Did he ask for a money order or anything? Did he ask you to send your money to Africa and then you would get your car? Lighten up on the guy. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

fishsmith
09-14-2007, 06:04 PM
There is nothing wrong with flying into a school of fish when someone is else is fishing it either, cause you might get a fish, or is there? just my opinion of interweb courtesy, as backwards as it might be.

He did nothing wrong. Neither did I by replying. Good luck with the jeep sale.

Go Red Sox.

Hooper
09-16-2007, 11:07 AM
I would like to say that I was completely taken aback by the response that I received after my post of yesterday afternoon.

First a few facts to be considered. This Jeep is not mine and I stand to benefit not one iota from its sale. I moved to my current address a little over a year ago and was befriended by a fellow in the neighborhood who is on disability and social security. He is one hell of guy and his honesty is beyond reproach. He also is computer illiterate and is not really interested in learning how to use one. Over the course of the last few months I have helped list some of his collectables on E-Bay, again, for nothing other than trying to help him out. A few weeks ago he approached me about help in selling his Jeep. Without hesitation, I agreed. Yesterday, he drove to my place where I took a few photos. Together, we wrote the ad and placed on the Philadelphia Craigslist.

After that, I mentioned a few surf fishing forums that I peruse on occasion and decided that someone in the surf fishing community may be interested in his car. There are three forums that I normally read and the first one had a set of rules posted for listing in the classifieds. The rules stated that in order to post I would have had to posted at least fifteen times in order to post an ad. I did not meet that criteria so I passed on that site. Then I went to this site of which I had been a member for the past two years. We read the rules before posting and as there was no such restriction, we posted the ad. Had there been any mention of this, I can assure you, we wouldn’t have done so.

Now, the question as to why I haven’t posted more often. These forums have been a treasure trove of good information buried for the most part in reams of detritus. If I am looking for an opinion an a particular piece of equipment or tackle, I conduct a search and without fail, I am inundated with everything I needed to know. Without fail. Why would I want to waste everyone’s time and energy going over the same topic again. I consider it rude and believe me I don’t consider myself that important to require a personalized response to a question that has been answered numerous times before. Every subject that I could possibly need an answer to has been covered on this, and every other site, ad-nauseam and ad-infinitum.

As far as me sharing my fishing knowledge on this forum, I can assure you that there are folks on this site that have forgotten more than I know or will ever hope to know about anything concerning this sport.

I might also say that in my years on the beaches up and down the east coast I have run into my share of idiots and googans and I try my best to turn the other cheek. I have also met and befriended some of the finest humans to inhabit this land and have also gone out of my way to help a fellow fisherman in any way possible. I’ve lost count of the amount of homemade metal lures that I have given to those who expressed interest in them.

I must tell you that I was extremely disappointed and hurt be my welcome here.

May I make a suggestion in closing and then you folks will never have hear from me again. Change the rules of posting classifieds so that you may only do so after a set number of postings if that’s your wish.

Don't give up, really. This is a great site and participation is what makes it that way. Stick around, say hello from time to time.

Rockport24
09-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Once again the elitist attitude chases away a good member!! Some of you guys need to rethink your position!!

A good member that never posted in two years? You know what you are right, we need more of them!! people that don't post make forums really great for all!

dpmacv, you seem like a good guy and you were obvioulsy not spamming the site and you were using the site correctly according to the rules, but you have to admit, not formally introducing yourself to the group and just trying to sell something (whether it's for your benefit of not) is just not the way to start things off.

that is sending the messege that you don't really want to be part of the community here and you just want to "use" us to sell stuff. oh and to answer, what we are protecting, we are protecting the credibility of this classified section, if a bunch of first time posters were selling stuff on here left and right, I would for one, would not check this as often because I would be hesitant to buy something from somebody that is not a part of this community, they would be a lot more uncertainty and less trust.

that said, the members here are VERY welcoming to people that post and try to be a part of the community, so it's not too late to give that a try. John just put up a "meet and greet" forum, so that's a good place to start!

Swimmer
09-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Don't give up, really. This is a great site and participation is what makes it that way. Stick around, say hello from time to time.

Everyone here will protect you as well Bud. Sit down and relax. I saw this and thought its a rare bird. It struck my fancy quite a bit. But I like my Ford.

Charleston
09-18-2007, 11:40 AM
A good member that never posted in two years? You know what you are right, we need more of them!! people that don't post make forums really great for all!

dpmacv, you seem like a good guy and you were obvioulsy not spamming the site and you were using the site correctly according to the rules, but you have to admit, not formally introducing yourself to the group and just trying to sell something (whether it's for your benefit of not) is just not the way to start things off.

that is sending the messege that you don't really want to be part of the community here and you just want to "use" us to sell stuff. oh and to answer, what we are protecting, we are protecting the credibility of this classified section, if a bunch of first time posters were selling stuff on here left and right, I would for one, would not check this as often because I would be hesitant to buy something from somebody that is not a part of this community, they would be a lot more uncertainty and less trust.

that said, the members here are VERY welcoming to people that post and try to be a part of the community, so it's not too late to give that a try. John just put up a "meet and greet" forum, so that's a good place to start!

Good post! Very well written !