View Full Version : thursay report

niko
09-14-2007, 04:36 PM
so i blow out of work @ 11:30 grab lunch and i'm on the water by 1. head south and there are all these birds sitting in the water but no action. i move on and find some turns but no fish under them. so i head north to cohasset and still no signs of life. i start heading home along the beach and there they are. all the blues you want. so here is where it gets interesting. i'm throwing topwater at them for an hour or so. one inhales my popper into his throat and must be sacrificed for the sake of my $15 dollar lure. i cut off his head and he keeps chomping away like a zombie. after i throw the head in the water i notice a small splash. after i finish retying i see a dogfish. i think wow thats a big dogfish... no thats a 5' blue shark in 40' of water less than a mile from shore. pretty cool. a fed him the rest of the blue and he hung around the boat while i fished. reminded me of florida. when i hooked a fish he would chase it but only once caught one. another great fishing memory. i love this time of year. i'm tuna fishing next week and going on a charter next sat. for bass at race pt.

missing link
09-14-2007, 05:16 PM
WOW- Niko did ya try to get the shark? It's freaky to me when on my boat and you see something strange you never know whats under the surface. Good luck on the charter!!
LINK

macojoe
09-14-2007, 07:46 PM
I have caught many Blue Sharks 20 miles out while Cod fishing, I always have a ball with them, get them tothe boat and cut the line. 10 footers out there!

Good Luck with your charter!

Hi Link!