View Full Version : Guy Cotten Surf Top

Bill L
09-15-2007, 08:37 AM
The Fisherman had a piece on a new surf top from Guy Cotten the week before last. Breathable pullover with a hood and adjustable cuffs and neck. Their website has nothing on it, has anybody seen one in person? Looks good, also wonder what the price range will be

steve
09-15-2007, 09:50 AM
We have them at The Saltwater edge. Good looking coat! 220.00. Check it out on our web. wwwsaltwateredge.com.

shadow
09-15-2007, 11:18 AM
seen them too they look very good the only thing I saw that I didn't like was the small front pocket,other then that I did like them a hood to boot. steve the last time I checked they weren't up on the site.

luds
09-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Tried that on at rissa. Very nice.

Surfpirate
09-15-2007, 05:16 PM
I saw one and tried one on at the Long Island Fisherman Seminar this month. it was little on the thin side to me and I like the rubber cuffs...

same price as other quality tops, but to say it is as good as the popular tops available is like comparing apples to bananas! IMHO.

jbuck
09-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Dano nice fish!!!!!!!!!!

Tattoo
09-16-2007, 05:12 AM
For the same money, I'd buy the aquaskinz phantom jacket.

This is without a doubt the best jacket I have ever owned. I've retired my BARE jacket for this one and haven't looked back.

Striperknight
09-16-2007, 07:42 AM

This is without a doubt the best jacket I have ever owned. I've retired my BARE jacket for this one and haven't looked back.

Looks good except for the giant logo on the sleeve.

Pete_G
09-16-2007, 08:14 AM
If you're getting ready for fall we've got them all in one place.

Aquaskinz (http://www.saltwateredge.com/Aquaskinz-Phantom-Semi-Drytop.html), Guy Cotten, Grundens (http://www.saltwateredge.com/GRUNDEN.html), and more...

Bill L
09-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I was hoping they would be under two bill's. The top I have now gets me wet

Steve Wells
09-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I just bought one today at Causeway Bait & Tackle in Wantagh. Neoprene cuffs have a good fit with velcro adjustment and the neck cuff is adjustable to fit you or leave it loose if the conditions are not that bad. Breathable Dremtech+ material and it comes in black, my favorite color and I don't have to feel like I'm a walking advertisement (small inconspicous logo). Very nice top at $188.09 with tax. I'll probably still use the Skinz top in real bad weather but this top will probably get the most use.

Steve Wells

ThrowingTimber
09-19-2007, 02:00 PM

What country is it made in?

LamiglasMike
01-15-2011, 09:41 PM
I just bought one today at Causeway Bait & Tackle in Wantagh. Neoprene cuffs have a good fit with velcro adjustment and the neck cuff is adjustable to fit you or leave it loose if the conditions are not that bad. Breathable Dremtech+ material and it comes in black, my favorite color and I don't have to feel like I'm a walking advertisement (small inconspicous logo). Very nice top at $188.09 with tax. I'll probably still use the Skinz top in real bad weather but this top will probably get the most use.

Steve Wells

That's a good price compared to the $220/230 I have seen. you sure about the price?

Lami

luds
01-15-2011, 10:16 PM
That's a good price compared to the $220/230 I have seen. you sure about the price?

Lami

That's what he paid for it 4 years ago. ;-) I never got that jacket. The arms were too short for casting IMO
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Green Light
01-15-2011, 11:12 PM
What country is it made in?

Good question.

Plum Crazy
01-16-2011, 06:18 AM
I have my eye on that. What I like best about it is that it is black and does not have a logo blazoned across it. STEALTH!

chefchris401
01-16-2011, 08:28 AM
My buddy has this jacket, 220 from the edge.

Arms are short compared to the size of the jacket.

I'm looking at the precision pak jacket.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

fishbones
01-16-2011, 09:31 AM

Lami

Must be inflation?