View Full Version : Cars

Karl F
09-18-2007, 06:02 PM
I Love vehicles.....

I Hate vehicles....

whats wrong with me...

just went thru the "process".. had to replace the wifes ride..( 8 good years with the last one)

it's still traumatic, after all these years and times of "doing it"....

think i did OK... but.. ya know ya could alwasy do better..

been a ruff past few days with the old one, and the "process"...

new one in the driveway....

feel happy and violated at the same time....

should go fish.... hearts not into it right now & thewinds outta the NE, & i'm too wore out...choke down some grub and hit the hay..meybe do dawn patrol.......

good news is my check engine light in the truck shut itself off...:jester:

bad news is.. the new payment book will be coming in the mail soon :smash:

teaser
09-18-2007, 09:22 PM
I feel you're pain!

Raven
09-19-2007, 05:54 AM
but they mess with your mind... sometimes

the van i'm lately thrashing ....as if it was a pickup truck

i hauled a cord of logs in it yesterday

seemed to develope a wheel problem last week

and i thought: :think:
thats strange i had all four brakes done.. recently...

so i go to jack it up to take the wheel off and the lug
nuts are not even "one hand tight..." :shocked: one is broken off

and out of the four left ....just one took a good umfff to break loose.
man was i bull%$%$%$%$ at seeing that...

here i was.... moving tonage of equipment (belongings)
and i had trusted the shop guys to use their air rachets
but they obviously screwed it all up....:realmad:

Raven
09-19-2007, 05:56 AM
so what did you buy her?

Karl F
09-19-2007, 07:44 AM
a lil' red wagon.....;)

a double leftover, in a way
( this was inventoried out of another dealer that had gone bankrupt late last year, Ford is now distrubuting the inventory, that they finally got back, well below the stickered prices)...

an 06 Mercury Mountaineer, with 62 miles on it.

traded in the 97 Expedition with 130+K on it.

spence
09-19-2007, 07:47 AM
I've got to get a new car...I hate buying cars :smash:

-spence

Karl F
09-19-2007, 08:05 AM
I've got to get a new car...I hate buying cars :smash:

-spence

that was what i was trying to say in my original babble...

the process....i hate the process

i tried something different.. told the young eager salesman the did the 50 yard dash across the lot to me, like a bluefish going after a kastmaster...
"You can show me the car, and let me drive it.. IF we get to the talking stage... I'm gonna sit down with your boss.. not you.. sorry, that's the way it's gonna be."

he looked like i had hit him with a baseball bat.. recovered.. and said.. "Uh.. OK".. got the keys and the plate for me.

I actually ended up going thru the sales manager, and ended up with the owner :hihi:.. after 2 long hours at the sales desk :smash:

keep one thing in mind.. you can leave anytime.. they don't want you too, and sometimes will try to not let you!.. and don't think because your financing, you can't get tough in the negotiations... no matter where you end up... they still made money, always remember that.

I would never buy this car for myself, but it will suit the wife's, and family needs, to a tee.

I cannot believe how far that Ford has come on this platform.. it is the Explorer platform..and it gives a tremendous ride. The interior noise is almost nill... too quiet.. almost. Lightyears of difference between this generation of the vehicle, and the earlier ones.

But, being of an old fashioned off road mind set, i look underneath, see all this new fangled light duty running gear... and am real glad that it will not go off road while we own it... the Expedition never saw the beach, never saw anything rougher than my road that i live on.. and this will be the same.

Raven
09-19-2007, 01:49 PM
it is red.........?

spence
09-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I actually don't mind the negotiation at all...that's the easy part. It's the outlay of cash for something that's going to be worth shyte in about 60 seconds...

-spence

justplugit
09-19-2007, 03:36 PM
the process....i hate the process

Ya, the process, what a PIA. Buncha BS, who invented it anyway. :huh: :rolleyes:

Knowin you Karl, nobodies lunch meat,ya prolly did real well. :hihi:

Saturn did well when they first introduced their cars with a take it or leave it sticker price.

Backbeach Jake
09-19-2007, 04:56 PM
A top finance guy at a major dealership once told me that a salesman hasn't done his job if the customer can afford to get another car before that one's paid for. That right there told me what I was up against when I bought cars from dealerships. And I haven't since. I worked for dealerships for 30 years and learned not to turn my back for a second while I was on the property.

Hope you got a great deal Karl and enjoy your new ride. There really IS nothing like a brand new car. Can't wait to see it!