View Full Version : Yesterdays Tuna

Van
09-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Too tired to post last night after steaking and vacuum packing pounds of tuna until 9pm.
Took a buddy and a guy I work with. We had a rough ride out to the bank, but it was calmer on the bank and we got lines in around 7. About one hour later I spot some birds working and we made the turn. Crash crash-----fish on.....landed a nice fat 48".
Fished another few hours with nada, then out of nowhere BANG fish on. This one was about 46". We fished another hour or so then headed in. Once we were off the bank we started seeing schoolie tuna breaking and busting bait for the next 25 miles. We only stopped a couple of times when the pod was big, tried casting to them no hook ups.

The fish are definately getting more active out there. I gotta get out there agin soon. Need that adrenaline rush.....

kippy
09-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Nice job Van. I will be out east of Chatham this weekend. Have to top off the freezer for the winter.

MakoMike
09-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Send some of those fish down this way, will ya?

Hooper
09-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Nice fish Van.

keeperreaper
09-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Van,
You are the MAN! nice work.

macojoe
09-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Nice work!! Great fish!!

Can I follow you :D

I just might be able to go this season?? I just got the new to me motor on the new boat and had it running today! Hope to have my first splash this coming week.