View Full Version : What a frustrating night.

ilovetwofish
09-26-2007, 09:24 PM
I went out tonight to one of my local spots from 8:00 till 10:00 bass all over the place busting on the bunker. I through just about 1 of everything in my bag I even broke out the flyrod and tried my best flies not even a hit.It was very bright with the moon and alot of bunker so maybe that was the problem.I went out earlier about 5:00 till 6:00 and got two small bass so im not sure if the light really had a effect on the fishing unless they dont see as good in the daylight.Go figure I catch bass in 90 degree weather in 72 degree water on a pretty lowtide in shallow water when the fish arent breaking but at night I couldnt buy one.Thats fishing I geuss.

Rick Ackley
09-27-2007, 05:32 AM
It happens to us all.

jbapinoy
09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Happened to me twice the worse part is it's jumping in front of me I should have use a net.:shocked:

Rockport24
09-27-2007, 01:00 PM
DJ Muller had a great article in the sept issue of OTW about peanut bunker strategies, one of them was using a snag hook to snag one to live line! Is DJ a member here? he does some great articles.

titan
09-27-2007, 09:55 PM
I had almost the same thing happen to me last Friday night. Bass swirling all around me feeding on 3" peanuts. I couldn't get a hit at first for about a half hour. I tried sluggos, 4" storm shad, small danny, small yellow needle, large black needle, nothing worked. Finally I found the magic lure, a chicken scratch 7" Redfin. After I put that on, I caught a fish almost every cast for the next hour and a half, including a few high teen keepers.

rphud
09-27-2007, 11:00 PM
I like the yellow (chicken scratch) for matching up with the bunkers.

5 String Bass
09-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Went through this very same thing last weekend. SOOOO FRUSTRATING!
I had eels out there, squid a variety of lures and never even got a bite!

ilovetwofish
09-28-2007, 08:59 PM
What is a chicken scratch 7" Redfin and do you have a link to a picture.

I had almost the same thing happen to me last Friday night. Bass swirling all around me feeding on 3" peanuts. I couldn't get a hit at first for about a half hour. I tried sluggos, 4" storm shad, small danny, small yellow needle, large black needle, nothing worked. Finally I found the magic lure, a chicken scratch 7" Redfin. After I put that on, I caught a fish almost every cast for the next hour and a half, including a few high teen keepers.

ilovetwofish
09-28-2007, 09:00 PM
3 nights in a row same thing 3 inch bunker everywere with feeding bass no hits.

Clammer
09-29-2007, 03:38 AM
but it was still a awesome nite / crisp /clear /

awesome stars >> Oh & the fishing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shad & skipjacks / but thats not it was about >>>>>later
sleep now ><><><:rollem:

titan
09-29-2007, 07:33 AM
I don't have a picture to show you but you can look up redfins at cottoncordelllures.com . Chicken scratch color is white on bottom, pale yellow top with splotchy black lateral lines on the side with red accents around the head. It's a popular bomber lure color.