View Full Version : Freekin UPS trucks--

justplugit
09-28-2007, 09:27 AM
i know i'm gettin old as i'm complaining about noise, but these UPS trucks are the loudest of all. :(

The drivers hit the gas, coast, hit the gas, coast, back and forth up the street, down the street, double back, always going back over the same routes. :af: Always around supper time.
Must be lookin for overtime. :hee:

Fed Ex and DSL trucks whisper compared to UPS.

spence
09-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Yea, but that UPS truck is going to deliver me a few new Italian made dress shirts today :smokin:

:jump:

-spence

spence
09-28-2007, 09:52 AM
They've arrived!!! :gu:

I couldn't even hear the truck, it's like the box just magically appeared :hee:

-spence

BW from AZ
09-28-2007, 09:57 AM
UPS on my bad list. Neighbor (son inlaw next door) was expecting a package and asked me to sign for it. I left a note with name, phone #, house info, etc for the driver and what happens......leaves his sticky note next to mine. I may be home all day but come on give me a "ETA" i do have things to do besides watching the street like a hawk. could have even honked the horn to alert me.

fishsmith
09-28-2007, 10:48 AM
I used be a driver for them when I got out of the Navy. They hand you keys and lousy photo copied maps, the only thing missing is a blind fold. The trucks sucked to drive too, it took two hands to get that thing to shift from 1st to second. I don't miss that job at all.

Karl F
09-28-2007, 10:53 AM
:hihi:... and THIS.. from a guy running Flowmasters on his truck!!!
:rotflmao:

follow them around.. show 'em how to make "cool" noise..
git r' done!
;)

afterhours
09-28-2007, 03:50 PM
i love the ups truck- it's like x-mas!

justplugit
09-28-2007, 04:25 PM
:hihi:... and THIS.. from a guy running Flowmasters on his truck!!!
:rotflmao:

LOL , it would be great if they were runnin Flows or BorlaTurbo XL's, :hihi: butz,
these things sound like freekin squeakin washing machines without lube. :nailem:

Spence, wear em' in good health. :hihi:

saltfly
09-28-2007, 05:00 PM
my dog LOVES that sound.she barks like crazy at me to let her out.I let her out and she sits quietly and patiently at the end of the driveway for her cookie.no matter who the package is for.

Gary
09-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Those chevy 292 inline 6's sound kinda funky with a flowmaster:bl2: And the powerstrokes sound even worse.

Raven
09-28-2007, 10:51 PM
that no matter how old you get........

and in your case thats more than most of us
can imagine... :uhuh:

your ears keep on growing....:usd:

so for some of us ...our hearing continues to
improve to the point....that it drives you bonkers...

like i said before...you need some kind of
noise reduction headphones....

or...even better,,, some radio headphones
so you can see the truck.... but not even care
because a favorite song has you feelin fine.:jester:

Thom
10-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Fishsmith I trade you I take that UPS truck but you have to take my 1965 Divco milk truck. At least once a day when you shifted from 1 to 2 the shifter would come off in my hand when I had tried to shift or having the doors pop opne everytime I got the beast over 40mph try that at 4 am in jan. ThomT