View Full Version : In Depth Article About John Habs?

BigFish
09-29-2007, 04:01 PM
With the untimely passing of Habs, it has made me very curious about Johns beginnings in the lure building business and his other interests! Habs was a fascinating individual on many different levels, not just lure building. He was a well rounded sportsman into hunting in many forms, bird, deer and the like. Also trained his own dogs. So many interesting fascets to his life. I am hoping in the not too distant future that someone will write a definitive piece about John Habarek.

JohnR
09-29-2007, 06:09 PM
With the untimely passing of Habs, it has made me very curious about Johns beginnings in the lure building business and his other interests! Habs was a fascinating individual on many different levels, not just lure building. He was a well rounded sportsman into hunting in many forms, bird, deer and the like. Also trained his own dogs. So many interesting fascets to his life. I am hoping in the not too distant future that someone will write a definitive piece about John Habarek.

I think with all of the people that knew him, a very detailed collaboration by a lot of different people would work out great

vineyardblues
09-29-2007, 07:40 PM
BF,
I would very much like to do something in my hunting & fishing collectibles magazine that I write for, I am sure it would make for a great read! I talked to my editor a few days ago and he said go for it!
I just completed the history of needlefish lures with DZ,(with the habs armpit lure) and many others. I am sure this will happen.
I will wait and talk with the the family soon.
VB

Here is page one of part 2 of the series on needlefish lures
Hope you can view it

striperman36
09-30-2007, 09:23 AM
If you would, could you name the magazine?

Bill

MAC
09-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Hunting & Fishing Collectibles Magazine