View Full Version : Trouble With Pearl Createx?

BigFish
10-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Anyone else having trouble with Createx Pearl White?? I just recieved a gallon and it is spattering.....kind of looking orange peel like?? At first I thought maybe the paint is bad??? So I went out and bought some more.....same issue! So I gave my air brushes a cleaning.....same thing! So I changed the nozzle and needle....same problem! Adjusted air pressure up and down....same! Then I put a water trap inline.....still doing it! Oh...and I thinned the paint too! Still no good?? I have never had a problem with the pearl white before....its the only color giving me trouble so I figure maybe its a batch issue?? Anyone having issues with recently purchased pearl white???:smash:

Jigman
10-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Something like a year ago Createx changed their formula around. Started seeing posts like your about that time. Not sure if there is a "fix" for it. I changed paints and have had no problems since doing so.

Jigman

BigFish
10-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks Jigman...just did a search on SOL and found Winch's thread about the same issues about a year and a half ago???? I think its the paint! I am gonna order some more in smaller bottles. See if its any better!

eastendlu
10-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Send those bad gallons to me for testing.:)

NEXT2NUN
10-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Larry try thinning with warm water.

BigFish
10-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Did that! Tried everything I could think of! Got another bottle of paint today....lets see if I have the same result!

EricW
10-04-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm no painting expert, but a couple things I have experienced are:
Do you think it is too thin? I only seem to get splattering when my paint is too thin. I never thin createx in my iwata and have had good luck. I have thinned some of the thicker acrylic with airbrush medium and if gets too thin it splatters a little. The other thing I thought of is, since you have the 1 gallon bottle, was it mixed completely. I try to completely mix the small bottles by vigorous shaking and have had good success. I am guessing the 1 gallon would need lots of mixing/shaking to properly be completely mixed.
Could also be the pearl pigments, I have found pearl colors to be more finicky in the brush than the plain colors.

Eric

striperondafly
10-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks Jigman...just did a search on SOL and found Winch's thread about the same issues about a year and a half ago???? I think its the paint! I am gonna order some more in smaller bottles. See if its any better!

yup - had the problem last night :bc:.

Switched to a different color no more orange peel

onecastmike2003
10-08-2007, 01:28 PM
I would say thin the paint some more.

striperondafly
10-08-2007, 04:03 PM
I heated it up with a heat lamp shook it real well and it worked fine. I don't think I mixed it well enough last time and I forgot to warm it. :rolleyes:

Bay Stalker
10-08-2007, 05:46 PM
I had the same problem over the weekend with the white. It kinda looked like scales so I went with it. Look at the white on the belly of this nut

http://www.myfishpix.com/gallery/data/500/Bunker_nut_002.jpg

BigFish
10-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Yup!! Thats it!?!? Still doing it and I have tried everything 3 times! Thinking of changing my air supply hose or buying a new air brush!!!!!!:hs:

BigFish
10-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Doing it with the opaque red now too......I am guessing it is mechanical between the compressor and the air brush!:huh:

Bay Stalker
10-08-2007, 06:58 PM
The pearl I used was one I just got over the weekend and it had the problem. All my other pearls are fine as they are about 3 months old. I think the problem is with the manufacturer.