View Full Version : any vinyarders out there

niko
10-11-2007, 08:00 PM
i've got a friend that needs a bunch of work done. i've never worked on the island before and was wondering what lumber yards/building supply centers were there. also, what companies provide roll off dumpsters to the island. thanks, paul

Gary
10-12-2007, 07:44 PM
BFI for can's and sheply, midcape center and shirleys for hardware. those are the basics, I used to work on the vineyard, now i work/live on nantucket.

Mr. Sandman
10-14-2007, 08:03 AM
There are lumber yards but it is a lot cheaper to bring a load of lumber on your own truck or have it delivered. Hincklys and Cottles are the 2 major yards and there is a home center in VH that has decent tools and some higher end materials too. Again, look to pay 2-3X what Home Depot charges for materials over here. Anyone building anything significant brings there own materials. ANy good hardwoods will kill your wallet, don't even think of buying anything like that here.

All trash is removed from the island, everything. If you go to the transfer station in OB there is a booth and the lady in there can fill you in on the cost to remove your waste. (they charge by the #)

Hope you don't have to deal with the "MV commision", you may never get the job done.

niko
10-15-2007, 03:48 PM
thanks gents, planning on bringing over materials but i know i'll need something. how's the fishing? must be nice to have the derby over, paul