View Full Version : Were is the bass.

ilovetwofish
10-11-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm getting sick of catching blues even though they are fun.Were are the stripers anyone catching on the south shore. I heard from some pretty reliable sources its been dead down there. I'm not looking for spots because I know them all just wondering when and if there hitting on the R.I. south shore. I dont want to waste the gas and time if not pretty steady.

Adam_777
10-11-2007, 08:11 PM
I haven't heard of any action around here.I'm hearing Mass and NY so I think they are skipping us this run.

ilovetwofish
10-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Not another year please dont tell me it so.

Vogt
10-11-2007, 08:15 PM
verrry slow for me.....

I miss the moon....:fishslap:

But the big pushes havent even come yet, the water is still very warm. Be patient it'll happen.

tattoobob
10-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Painfully slow up here in northern Mass, I did catch a couple last weekend with sea lice so it has started couple weeks and it should start down there to.

riverrat2
10-11-2007, 09:09 PM
ya the fishing sucks in rhode Island right now, its all over

JohnR
10-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I had fish last night to 23-24 pounds. I hear there was a slug of much larger around in SoCo. Not sure what the hard W wind tomorrow will do... They are around and will come through in waves. You just gotta be out there to intercept them...

RR2:rotf2:

westhavendave
10-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Pat, some decent bass on peanuts just west of your school, first light, think eel grass! Those bluefish blitzes aren't all blues, take my word for it. I for one would like to find out where those bass leading this weeks club tourney were caught

verrry slow for me.....

I miss the moon....:fishslap:

But the big pushes havent even come yet, the water is still very warm. Be patient it'll happen.

Got Stripers
10-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Took some vacation days this week and I picked a couple good ones, fishing Monday and Wednesday in Boston. Now I know what you RI guys were having so much fun with this spring, it's been a long time since I caught that many cows in such a short amount of time. Picked up 6 over 30 lbs yesterday, 3 of those were over 35lbs and I dropped a real cow right at the boat after a long battle; she was a good 45-50 lbs. It's been a long time since I have seen fishing like that, I credit that to the return of our beloved pogies. If this fish move out in 2-3 weeks, you RI guys will be seeing them soon.

BW from AZ
10-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Sounds like i finely got one right. I"ll be in Hull fishing Sunday and Monday.

ilovetwofish
10-12-2007, 04:27 AM
Thanks John I think I know exactly were to go.

I had fish last night to 23-24 pounds. I hear there was a slug of much larger around in SoCo. Not sure what the hard W wind tomorrow will do... They are around and will come through in waves. You just gotta be out there to intercept them...

RR2:rotf2:

piemma
10-12-2007, 05:12 AM
Decent size fish in SoCo last night. I'm back in the surf. You don't realize how easy boat fishing is until you go back to the surf and start jumping rocks, with the korkers, 10' rod, wader, etc.

Haven't throw a 10' conventional since last fall. Painful shoulder this morning.:bc:

eelman
10-12-2007, 07:33 AM
Fished the Bay with Jim white yesterday, we had no problem finding Bass, some nice fish also...there out there...We caught our fish at 10 am, casting along the shorelines, there were plenty of bass into the teens, at some points we would have several fish following the hooked fish right to the boat....So there definatly out there...Things are about a week or so behind, but its all coming together now..On the way in we stoped at a humongus blitz of blues, watching as they were beaching themselves chasing peanuts...I have to admit, these were some of the largest Blues I have seen in many many years since the watch hill days of old, massive Blues, These things were aligators.....

RIJIMMY
10-12-2007, 07:47 AM
good to hear, I may be in teh surf myslef this weekend if the wave height is too high. Im anxious to get some bass, been very slow the last few weeks, thanks for the reports!

Adam_777
10-12-2007, 08:41 AM
I have to admit, these were some of the largest Blues I have seen in many many years since the watch hill days of old, massive Blues, These things were aligators.....

Was out last sunday in the bad weather a huge school was in the bay.I caught four of those monster blues completely ruining a few off my trebles and ripping some thru-wired plugs apart.Also caught a seagull on a kastmaster.No bass came from that boat trip for me or the capt of the boat.Those blues tied the treble hooks in knots .Was my first seagull ever.

Al in Westport
10-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I went out this past Wed & Thur, out of the river before first light. Pluged and tube/wormed for about four hours each day. Total; Wed = one 13 pound bluefish. Thursday = one 3 pound bluefish.

Al :bc:

Rockfish9
10-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Painfully slow up here in northern Mass, I did catch a couple last weekend with sea lice so it has started couple weeks and it should start down there to.

The whole week of the full moon was outstanding, the bulk of that school had moved on by the weekend...Now it's just run and gun.

Back Beach
10-12-2007, 09:23 AM
They are around and will come through in waves. You just gotta be out there to intercept them...

No doubt. Had back to back slam zany the last two nights.Got at least 20 fish over the 20# mark, 9 or 10 well over the 30# mark. All from shore on the east coast.:devil:

MrHunters
10-12-2007, 09:25 AM
i don't know about you but i like to look for more than one bass at a time :)

bart
10-12-2007, 10:52 AM
No doubt. Had back to back slam zany the last two nights.Got at least 20 fish over the 20# mark, 9 or 10 well over the 30# mark. All from shore on the east coast.:devil:

nice job guys. im jealous....

RIJIMMY
10-12-2007, 11:25 AM

a good night for me is usually one fish over 15lbs......:crying:

RIROCKHOUND
10-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Mike,
Slap em on the ass and send em my way!

fishbones
10-12-2007, 11:36 AM

Thanks for burning my secret spot. Now everyone is going to know that there are fish on the east coast. It's going to be a mob scene this weekend. Now, I'm going to have to fly to California to have a coast to myself. :bl2:

GonnaCatchABig1
10-12-2007, 06:08 PM
so thats where all our bluefish went.. have fun with those..:rolleyes:

actually people are catching some monster blues up here now.

mattb
10-15-2007, 10:28 AM
I haven't seen anything from Shore in 2 weeks here in Eastern CT. I sure hope something happens soon. I need a fix! Caught plenty from the boat last weekend though.