View Full Version : wed and thurs

niko
10-19-2007, 07:41 PM
yeah the boards been slow so here's my report. went out wed 10/17 w/ another sb member. launched at 5:15 and was at nwc by first light. put out the bars and went at it for a few hours and saw no signs of life so we checked out the fleet. saw a couple of guys hooked up butterfly jigging so we decided to give it a go w/ no luck. tried groundfishing in that general area w/ no luck at all. i went all season w/o catching a doggie but made up for it on this trip. started heading back in to find the pogies and saw a school of tuna up on top and in a flash they were gone. found the pogs and the fleet snagged a few and moved on to find our own school. we found bait but no stripes under them. fished for 11 hrs and only caught dogs. 10/18 had to get the bad mojo off so i set off at noon in hopes of finding some breaking schoolies or blues. i ended up finding a large school of pogs. had them all to myself and ended up w/ a dozen fish to 30#. fished for four hours and watched several fisherman fly by and not even notice them. another great day on the water. i leave for the vinyard sunday and on 10/27 i'm trailering down to del/mar to go find my first redfish. c'ya, paul

5/0
10-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Nice Paul good to see you hang in there and get your Mojo back nuttin wrong tossin back 30# bass:smokin:
Some people don't have a clue & it's ok......It makes the World go round and makes it that much sweeter for those who are more observant.
Good luck down South & keep us posted on the Drum.

5/0