View Full Version : Anyone ipod genius'?

Katie
10-22-2007, 08:26 PM
For the past 2 weeks my ipod mini has been down. I plugged it into my computer, and disconnected it when it was done, it had erased everything off of it. So i plug it bac in, i get a folder with a ! on it. I've tried everything i could think of and whatever was on the apple site and forums for discussion. I figured out how to get into the diagnostics and did a hard drive scan and it failed. So i think i need a new hard drive, anyone know how to replace an hard drive and such? I'm not an apple person, any other ideas i could try to fix it instead of buying a new hard drive?

MrHunters
11-08-2007, 08:33 AM
if it's under warranty apple should replace it. if not, your screwed. It's probably cheaper buying a new one. Make sure next ipod is minus the mechanical hard drive.

OR

you could go away from ipod and try the creative zen. I've read good reviews and when I need a new mp3 / video / recording toy thats what im going for.

Katie
11-11-2007, 12:17 AM
i actually gave up on the ipod, i bought an Iriver H10 6gb, its branched off of Creative. and i'm very happy with it, radio, recording, pictures.

it's all good. :wiggle:

MrHunters
11-11-2007, 07:44 AM
that's flash memory based so you won't have to worry about hard drive crashing again ;)

ps.

nice sig :jester::jester: