View Full Version : Fall Run, Late October & A Full Moon

Moses
10-23-2007, 06:10 PM
With this combination, wondering what everyone's thoughts are for the days approaching this new moon and the days immediately following?

Fishing still seems to be active in Cape Cod bay although fish are definitely on the move. Was thinking it's time to head more south, either along the Elizabeth's/MV area or perhaps Narr Bay.

luds
10-23-2007, 06:18 PM
There are still lots of fish north of boston. I'd save the gas money for when you really need it.

piemma
10-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I could be dead wrong, but the way this Fall run has gone, I believe that the fish that are North will go by on the outside. P-Town to Cutty to Block to Montauk. Or the Canal to Buzzards Bay to the Elizabeths maybe a few strays in Westport and Sakonnet and then to Montauk.
Here's another crazy idea. This may be the first years in many that the Block lights up on the full moon in Oct and the new moon in November.

eelman
10-24-2007, 06:18 AM
I could be dead wrong, but the way this Fall run has gone, I believe that the fish that are North will go by on the outside. P-Town to Cutty to Block to Montauk. Or the Canal to Buzzards Bay to the Elizabeths maybe a few strays in Westport and Sakonnet and then to Montauk.
Here's another crazy idea. This may be the first years in many that the Block lights up on the full moon in Oct and the new moon in November.

I think your right on paul...What people fail to realize is that those fish on the North shore ...are not fish that end up in Rhody waters, they are Mostly made up of Chesapeake strain bass which summer on the outer cape and along up the north shore, they also leave the same way...those are fish that also end up at block island so this could be a great year out there...

Most of rhodys fish are Hudson river strain, which summer around the elizabeths..westport etc...Its those fish that come by the inshore waters of rhody...But then again no one knows...

If I were still in the surf, the place I would go this weekend is GOOSEBERRY....Its always been a real good spot on or near Halloween...after that all Napatree

Other places I would be concentrating on right now is Woods hole, Knobska, The knob, or if you can get a little row boat and head for the little Island just off of Knobska...There are some good bass there as of late last week anyway....Al those canal fish end up out there..

But what do I know, I dont fish the surf...........

JFigliuolo
10-24-2007, 07:12 AM
C'mon Bill... lighten up on the spot talk.

Parker650
10-24-2007, 07:43 AM
...those references are harmless...

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Still plenty of good fish around Mass. Its slowed a bit from last week, but still very good.Had seven fish the last two nights 25-34# from shore. Cloudy tonight with a light wind should make for a good backdrop of conditions to hit the surf. :uhuh: Still hunting the one I dropped last week.

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 07:54 AM
...those references are harmless...

ditto

RIROCKHOUND
10-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Mike.
you suck
that is all
:D

I'd have to agree, Bill can be a PITA (Hi Bill :D) but he made a recommendation; he didn't say I caught X at Y last night....

bart
10-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Still plenty of good fish around Mass. Its slowed a bit from last week, but still very good.Had seven fish the last two nights 25-34# from shore. Cloudy tonight with a light wind should make for a good backdrop of conditions to hit the surf. :uhuh: Still hunting the one I dropped last week.

it never ends. oh the humanity!

eelman
10-24-2007, 08:23 AM
C'mon Bill... lighten up on the spot talk.

No, you lighten up, I can suggest anything I want, this spot stuff is still going on?? gimmie a break...Halloween, gooseberry ...equels Large bass..

My best fall surf fishing in rhody was always At napatree the first two weeks of November, pay particular attenton around the 8th to 12th of the month..It should be great this year with a new moon and falling water..Its especially good after a southeast blow that goes northwest...Early in November I have cleaned house at Central beach, huge fish but the conditions have to be right..its only suggestions from past experiances

DZ
10-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Ah!, migration talk. When’s it going to happen? Where are they coming from? What effect will the moon have? Are they Hudson River bass, Chesapeake bass, Thames River bass? (Last time I asked a bass where it came from it didn’t answer me and those of you who know me know I talk to them a lot – many times they’re the only company I want). Much speculation here – what you have is lot’s of “theories”, speculation or guesses which have been passed on for generations through gossip on the beach, books, and now the internet. (Another example would be bass “stunning” prey with a whack of their tail - how many times have I heard that one.) There is no concrete scientific evidence on "specific" migration routes. One theory is the fish go up the coast or down the coast because that is how we see schools of fish actively feeding on the beach. Another theory is that they “come in” to the beach rather than follow the coastline. Only the bass “know”.

I’ve also wondered about these questions – I even did some research on ALS tag returns to see if I could find out where bass come from and where they go. No pattern at all. Some Hudson River fish go to Maine, and some go to Jersey. Some Chesapeake fish are caught in the Hudson River. Don’t overanalyze this topic – just get out and cast. One thing is almost for sure – you’ll find them where their food is.
DZ

JFigliuolo
10-24-2007, 08:28 AM
No, you lighten up, I can suggest anything I want, this spot stuff is still going on?? gimmie a break...Halloween, gooseberry ...equels Large bass..

My best fall surf fishing in rhody was always At napatree the first two weeks of November, pay particular attenton around the 8th to 12th of the month..It should be great this year with a new moon and falling water..Its especially good after a southeast blow that goes northwest...Early in November I have cleaned house at Central beach, huge fish but the conditions have to be right..its only suggestions from past experiances

nice maturity level...

RIROCKHOUND
10-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Ah!, migration talk. When’s it going to happen? Where are they coming from? What effect will the moon have? Are they Hudson River bass, Chesapeake bass, Thames River bass? (Last time I asked a bass where it came from it didn’t answer me and those of you who know me know I talk to them a lot – many times they’re the only company I want). Much speculation here – what you have is lot’s of “theories”, speculation or guesses which have been passed on for generations through gossip on the beach, books, and now the internet. (Another example would be bass “stunning” prey with a whack of their tail - how many times have I heard that one.) There is no concrete scientific evidence on "specific" migration routes. One theory is the fish go up the coast or down the coast because that is how we see schools of fish actively feeding on the beach. Another theory is that they “come in” to the beach rather than follow the coastline. Only the bass “know”.

I’ve also wondered about these questions – I even did some research on ALS tag returns to see if I could find out where bass come from and where they go. No pattern at all. Some Hudson River fish go to Maine, and some go to Jersey. Some Chesapeake fish are caught in the Hudson River. Don’t overanalyze this topic – just get out and cast. One thing is almost for sure – you’ll find them where their food is.
DZ

Well said DZ...
Glad I'm not the only one who talks to the fish! :smash: Even when I'm not alone (ask JoeP). Bad habit, telling them calm down like they are puppies :love:

eelman
10-24-2007, 08:33 AM
nice maturity level...

Oh Man....whatever

Anyone who wants the inside scoop on any fall hotspot in rhody can send me a Pm and I will help you out all I can...

This stuff is getting crazy:btu:

AQcually email is better drummer1@cox.net

JFigliuolo
10-24-2007, 08:35 AM
taken to PM...

eelman
10-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Do you have to be carefull who you tell what? yes to a point..but more than a few things happened this year that puts things in perspective..you all know what they are...life is to short..I want to see people succed..I do not have a son or anyone else to pass along what I have learned in the surf to...I also realize that the reason most wont tell you is that they want to remain "on top" I was there at one point also, I know, its not that giving up the spot in and of itself is the problem...the truth is the fear that someone elses eel will in that water will land bigger and better than you...it happens, its competition all the way....there is a point to the crowd factor but still, when someone asks me nicely now I tell them, want to se the catch a nice fish...it comes with age I guess, the loss of friends, the maturity to realize its only a fish and yes to be honest a change I have made from surf to boat, I learned alot in the surf, if I can help a young guy who has the stamina and will power to stomp the suds all night...I dont mind pointing them in the right direction...

And I have done the same thiong in the boat also...But whats funny is that if you know where I fished in the surf then you know where I am boat fishing , same places just from the other side....Its only a fish...I have had my share without a doubt...after a 50 and a 60 this year..I am blesed (or cursed).I just dont care anymore and I dont need to...I am not "hunting" anything anymore, just fishing for the pure love of the sport.

piemma
10-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Well said Bill. I didn't see anything in your posts that constituted a "spot burn". The way the Fall run has gone, it's all conjecture anyway. DZ, summed it up. "The fish will be where the food is".

bloocrab
10-24-2007, 09:32 AM
:topic::topic:.....I know, I know.....but I don't want to start another "SPOT" thread.

I just wanted to share my thoughts with Mr. Bill,,, it's not directed at anyone but everyone.

You know, I never really chime in on spot talk......but IMHO - - Spots should be discussed with FRIENDS, not a community on the internet, no matter who you are or who you think you are, I'm against it 100%.

Sure /// you want to teach somebody technique/practices/theories/anything fishing related other than spots....sure///TELL ALL...but spots :hs: I don't know :hs:, just because someone is "reborn" doesn't mean they should blow things up for others who still feel spots are shared with friends//NOT keyboard communities. And I'm NOT saying you're blowing things up Mr. Bill, you weren't too specific but CHIT happens, and you know that - - How many people read these posts and how many people & types of people does it take to ruin a spot ??? You NEVER know who you're sharing with on the internet....remember that.

How many guys can the short wall support? OK, scenario...I hit them good there last night, I post about it,,,, 15 guys out of 100 that read the post go there the very next night......how great is that? I'm not feeding people who want to learn, I'm actually feeding people who are too lazy to search.....why don't people generalize??? ie: The Short Wall = Point Judith

Obviously because the fish were at the short wall last night DOESN'T mean they're going to be there the next night.......but they're probably still in the Point Judith area so you're not misleading anyone...but you're also NOT pointing to a certain rock.

Sure, I love to fish...almost as much as I love to catch. But I'm happy just fishing......I realize more and more that when I'm alone and into heavy action, lately.... I find myself wishing a fishing FRIEND was with me, someone to share in the fun...so sharing something like a spot with a friend (someone who'd do it for you) is GREAT!! Sharing spots with the internet community is NOT teaching anything.....it's more like a virtual guide. Try here first, here second, then follow the tide here next ///etc/etc/etc.../????Where's the gain in that? That's just feeding slackers in my opinion.

Call me selfish.....but when me and Goose or Milo or anyone else I consider a FRIEND, go fishing......I'd prefer it that we were the only ones at that spot.........fish or no fish//it's always a good time/with good company. Posting spots on the internet doesn't serve any purpose other than ??? What??? ?What is the reason for posting spots?? Fish swim///and now fish are on bait/forget resident fish/find the bait = find the fish.....there's your spot of the week.

Do you have to be carefull who you tell what? yes to a point..

The problem with that is you only know that "point" when it's too late.

Again, this ain't my site...I'm a member at will, I'm just sharing my thoughts /// not looking for enemies, Lord knows I have enough of them already. ...and Mr. Bill, this isn't directed at you so don't take it personally....you and anyone else can do anything they want on here, post spots/post fish/whatever....just sharing my thoughts

bart
10-24-2007, 09:36 AM
if you still fished the surf you wouldn't be so inclined to hand out info. if i recall correctly the last time you got into fish at one of said spots in Nov. you took pics, posted them online thinking no one would recognize the spot, then got all pissy when 10 trucks were in the lot before you got there. so don't say you want people to be successful....

and you obviously don't have any sympathy for the guys that regularly fish those spots. i'm sure they want a whole new group of guys heading out there? if you still fished in your old haunts and someone said spot X cleans up after an easterly blow and to concentrate their efforts there for the next 2 weeks, you wouldn't be too happy.....

RIJIMMY
10-24-2007, 09:38 AM
I think there is a HUGE differnece, that often gets lost between spot talk and spot REPORTS.

I see no harm in saying fish Charlestown Breachway on the dropping tide, E wind is best, etc.
I see harm in saying - masive blitzes of 30lb fish at Ctown last night
I see Bill's comments as good advice, but not burning anything. In fact, its nothing different that Bill's OTW article last year or so on fall fishing in RI.

The Iceman 6
10-24-2007, 09:52 AM
It isn't even winter yet....

eelman
10-24-2007, 10:15 AM
if you still fished the surf you wouldn't be so inclined to hand out info. if i recall correctly the last time you got into fish at one of said spots in Nov. you took pics, posted them online thinking no one would recognize the spot, then got all pissy when 10 trucks were in the lot before you got there. so don't say you want people to be successful....

and you obviously don't have any sympathy for the guys that regularly fish those spots. i'm sure they want a whole new group of guys heading out there? if you still fished in your old haunts and someone said spot X cleans up after an easterly blow and to concentrate their efforts there for the next 2 weeks, you wouldn't be too happy.....

well, bart, that was then and that was 3 years ago or was it 2? whatever but what you state here is your opinion and we all know what opinions are like.........I will say what I want, when I want, and to whom I want, noboby owns anything, and most of those spots I fished before most of the people here were out of high school..So thats that..america, its a free country...People died for that...public spots are public spots...it is what it is...And I dont really care what anyone thinks at all......

I do still fish the surf only from my boat.........................

No go put the time in and fish those spots!

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 10:15 AM
I think there is a HUGE differnece, that often gets lost between spot talk and spot REPORTS.

I see no harm in saying fish Charlestown Breachway on the dropping tide, E wind is best, etc.
I see harm in saying - masive blitzes of 30lb fish at Ctown last night
I see Bill's comments as good advice, but not burning anything. In fact, its nothing different that Bill's OTW article last year or so on fall fishing in RI.

Agreed

cheferson
10-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Who gives a %$%$%$%$??? Its late october , just get out there and fish!!!!

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 10:19 AM
No go put the time in and fish those spots!

With eels.

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Who gives a %$%$%$%$??? Its late october , just get out there and fish!!!!

Agreed. With eels.:spin:

luds
10-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Bring some plugs too. Let's transition from spot talk to plugs vs. eels.:devil2:

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Bring some plugs too. Let's transition from spot talk to plugs vs. eels.:devil2:

Plugs suck

Eels rock

Rockport24
10-24-2007, 10:41 AM
I'll cover the arguments here we dont' waste our time:

eeling is "too easy" so plugs are better.
plugs require more skill
plugs are for real hardcore surfcasters
plugging is for winners, eels are for losers
eels are going to be endagered soon, so learn plugs
eels are for people that want to take the easy way out of things

eels work when nothing else will
eels work, so why bother with plugs
eels consistantly catch bigger fish than plugs
eels are for real hardcore surfcasters
eels are for real men, plugs are for sissies

did I get em' all? :jester:

just get out there!!!!

Pete F.
10-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Where does an eelskin plug fit into this equation.

bart
10-24-2007, 11:01 AM
well, bart, that was then and that was 3 years ago or was it 2? whatever but what you state here is your opinion and we all know what opinions are like.........I will say what I want, when I want, and to whom I want, noboby owns anything, and most of those spots I fished before most of the people here were out of high school..So thats that..america, its a free country...People died for that...public spots are public spots...it is what it is...And I dont really care what anyone thinks at all......

I do still fish the surf only from my boat.........................

whatever. you can preach all that crap you want. fact is, if you were still IN the surf, fishing those same spots, you wouldn't be broadcasting prime tides and conditions over the internet, especially when it gets down to crunch time. and no doubt about it you'd be pissed if you were invaded by a bunch of spot-chasers....

luds
10-24-2007, 11:10 AM
:heybaby:

luds
10-24-2007, 11:13 AM
:D

riverrat2
10-24-2007, 11:19 AM
how do you catch fish without hooks?

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Nice kindling Luds...

luds
10-24-2007, 11:23 AM
how do you catch fish without hooks?

you can't or as far as I know . those are reserves

SAXATILUS
10-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Come on now, give me a break. #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& did not burn anything. It seems whenever he posts someone always has to get thier panties in a bunch. I think for the most part, some of you dudes are just jealous of his accomplishments. Lets face it the guy certainly knows his s#*t and I for one would love to hear what he has to say more often. No wonder we dont here from him that much, someones always getting in his face. Pathetic.

luds
10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Nice kindling Luds...

:rotf3:

Rockport24
10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Luds, you have a problem

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Nice kindling Luds....

Double post, my first one ever....:behead:

cheferson
10-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Agreed. With eels.:spin:

Yes EELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gu::musc:

luds
10-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Luds, you have a problem

I know....I need to fine an eelskin that will fit over a cowboy. :beat:

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Where does an eelskin plug fit into this equation.

Its the median equatorial perimeter boundary.

luds
10-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Yes EELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gu::musc:

no PLUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 11:44 AM
no PLUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard you snagged that fish in the vent...

luds
10-24-2007, 11:50 AM
I heard you snagged that fish in the vent...

No....that was this one.

Bronko
10-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Nice kindling Luds....

Double post, my first one ever....:behead:

You guys are nuts!

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 12:14 PM
No....that was this one.

Hey Freddy Krueger:

If that was an eel caught fish, it would still be swimming. F!~#@ing trebles made a mess out of a perfectly good fish. You're no sportsman.:laugha:
Outlaw plugs, they go too far. :angel:

Rockport24
10-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Luds, stop taking pictures in the back of your truck, cause it looks like a boat in that pic!!!!! OHHH NOOOOOO... :eek:
you don't want to be questioned......
:faga:

Rockport24
10-24-2007, 12:35 PM
I know....I need to fine an eelskin that will fit over a cowboy. :beat:

surfland has some monster eels, they should just skin em' and sell em'

DZ
10-24-2007, 12:42 PM
This post is not directed at anyone in particular. It is meant to show the impact of the new “information age” we now live in. While information about location can be a good thing – too much or too specific can be detrimental to our surfcasting past time.

My take on “Spot talk”: When I started to become interested (read: addicted) to surf fishing for striped bass everything was a mystery and the most mysterious of all was where to catch them. “Spots” were uncovered by those who sought them out through trial and error. Every once in a while someone would actually invite me to a new location but that was a rare event. Most often you would hear of a locations name under hushed voices – then you’d start to put “two and two” together and go there. Maybe recognize a vehicle or actually see someone casting the spot or dragging a fish out. There was an anticipation and excitement of uncovering something new. What I’m trying to say is “spots” were “earned” through detective work. Those that were hardcore enough would eventually figure them out - those that were not quit fishing. It was a way of “weeding” those in the surfcasting fraternity.

I’ve told many fishermen over the years about certain locations but almost always with a “one on one” conversation. By doing this I generally get some info back that I could use, sort of “quid pro quo” so to speak. And I’m not afraid to tell you I’ve been burned a few times over the years by telling a wrong person – live and learn. I’ve also been told of locations by others in confidence and would never betray that confidence. Broadcasting a “secret” spot to a large group was always considered a no-no to those in the surfcasting fraternity, and I’m not talking about high profile locations here. Many of you know that I’ve given presentations about an island I like to spend time on – I give general info about what to fish. But after the presentation guys want to know where “flat rock” is on slide 31. My answer is “I gave you a hint now go out and find it.” Finding a spot is on your own is one of the most gratifying things about surfcasting.

With the internet many surfcasters miss out on the excitement and anticipation of the quest. A slip of the typing finger and unwanted casters will be casting your rock in no time. I know that for a fact because I’ve gathered very good intell through web sites and if I can do it so can others.

Spot talk no-no’s in my book: Many times I see spots burned because the burner doesn’t fish there anymore. Don’t post (or write) about a spot that you don’t fish - because if you do it’s not YOU that has to deal with the consequences. I’ve seen this happen quite often in the last few years. A location in nearby Mass used to be a location with a very low profile that only a handful knew about. If I met two guys there it was a crowd. Now forget it – not worth the drive if you like to fish alone.

It’s not that spots are burned as much as a part of the unwritten rules of the surfcasting game have been compromised. Thing’s that would never be done are now routine – and that’s sad. It’s kind of like looking at the answers on the back page without trying to figure it out the problem.

DZ

JFigliuolo
10-24-2007, 12:48 PM
As usual Dennis, A very well thought out and articulate post.
:claps:

2na
10-24-2007, 12:50 PM
I burn my own spots so that the seals have more choices than just me and the Rapper

RIJIMMY
10-24-2007, 12:54 PM
DZ - respectfully I disagree, people chase reports and not spots. Lets look at some evidence. - Remember the infamous Steve McKenna OTW article. How it was debated out here for weeks and everyone was ready to lynch Steve? I regularly fish 75% of those spots he mentioned, and usually in the exact conditions he mentioned and I have seen NO increase in fisherman in these areas - zip.

Post a hot report - report chasers will flock there
Post some info on when areas are productive - those who are seeking information will digest it and use what they'd like. If report chasers go there, 99% of the time they'll be disappointed becasue NO SPOT is that predicable

eelman
10-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Its not worth posting here because no one listens anyway, all they see is an opertunity to call someone out for something..No one really wants to learn anything here...I only gave my sense of where I would be fishing if I was out there, based on my years in the surf which is a heck of alot longer than most here who think they know everything because they had a couple good nights with some fish...suddenly they know it all......Its all smoke and mirrors.I listen to people who have something to say that may help me, I dont critisize them because in the context of what they are saying they mention a place along the shoreline.

Whats real funny is I have emails from the spring that I saved from guys on this bored who were BEGGING me for info on where the fish were, some of the same guys who slam me here..Some of you have a very long way to go...

And I dont want to hear"well dont post then" because if you look, I havent in about 3 or 4 months only on the habs stuff..Which I felt strongly about...

Let dennis be Mr. Diplomat...I tell it like it is..While some of what he said may be true in a perfect beaver and cleaver world...It isnt the main reason why spots are not discussed, its because they want it to them selves so they can parade a rat 30lber around and say they knew something the others didnt...its BS...There are no more stupid secret spots...everything has been written about talked about a hundred times over..

The only secret is when fish are found in the spot no one "supposedly" knows about...thats the key....Most times there right under your nose..

RIjimmy is right, but what has to be understood also is that this time of the year anyway, you can tell someone you slammed them at frenchmans last night, odds are they wont be there tonight anyway??? doesnt anyone get that? My point is a fisherman fishes and uses what knowledge he gains as a starting point, taking a guy to a spot is no gurantee he will catch...This serect crap is an absolute laugh , joke and totally childish...I have never went to anyones place that fish were being caught NEVER...First off its embaresing and second off I am confident enough that I can find my own fish, you can call me many things but a report chaser Never.......

"Fall run" "spring run" there here there not, there coming,there going, I know something you dont, I caught a 30lber last night that means its "on" no wait...its off again because tonight I got skunked..uh oh...the forecast says its going to do this or that, Oh my god, what am I going to do, did you hear so and so caught a 50? wow he is the best? it must be on, or is it? where did he catch it, what was he using, the peanuts are everywhere, I read the paper, the report says its "on" ....How F!@#$%IN LAME...

Or how about the lame phone call..They whisper in the phone "hey, just thought I would tell you, last night was epic at spot XXXXXXX...no one knows hehehehehehe" who the F!@#$% cares....its a damn fish...your real smart you showed those fish who was boss, they have a brain the size of a pea...they have to eat in the fall,the only thing anyone did was find them....Striped bass are pushovers and very easy to catch, they always have been for me...Try and put it in perspective and give it a rest

I am done with these games....go fish

I GUESS YOU GUYS NEED ME AROUND ONCE EVERY FEW MONTHS TO GET THE BLOOD FLOWING!!!!

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 01:15 PM
It isnt the main reason why spots are not discussed, its because they want it to them selves so they can parade a rat 30lber around and say they knew something the others didnt...its BS...There are no more stupid secret spots...everything has been written about talked about a hundred times over..

I agree. Its like the wizard of oz. Once you look behind the smoke screen you realize it doesn't take a genius to catch a fish, particularly if there are many around. The "secret" stuff is really an attempt to hide the obvious.....fishing is really not difficult. Certainly not worth making enemies over either.

Like I said in my first post, there are still plenty in Mass......can't say where though.

Flaptail
10-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Thats another reason to live on Cape Cod, no spot burning nescesary there are no fish here anyway!

Plugs are better and have the added bonus of not attracting seals by scent but you RI guys don't have seals so you don't haven to worry.

Course I like to cheat a little and put a eelskin on a plug now and then. I mean sometimes just the plug itself is not enough. But this only happens in moments of extreme circumstance.

I f I know the fish are there and won't take then in desperation The skin plug comes out. But a live eel or pogie, no way.

luds
10-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey Freddy Krueger:

If that was an eel caught fish, it would still be swimming. F!~#@ing trebles made a mess out of a perfectly good fish. You're no sportsman.
Outlaw plugs, they go too far. :angel:

Ouch. Took that one a little personal. Thought we were just busting balls. I'm probably too sensitive. The first fish I posted might have come on an eel. I honesty don't remember. The 2nd sucked that plug inside right through the gills. That's happened to me with an eel too but that's fishing. Gut hooking is every bit as dangerous as plug fishing and it happens from time to time no matter how good you are. Plugs or eels....you're still going to do some damage.

fishpoopoo
10-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Come on now, give me a break. #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& did not burn anything...

well, to be fair, he did mention one area that is somewhat difficult to access without going through private property.

at least edit that one out, lest a bunch of folk crowd the place and cause the locals to start towing angler's cars.

i'm not jumping on #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, i enjoy his posts, i'm just trying to watch out for us all.

bart
10-24-2007, 01:32 PM
don't imply that i've ever spoken a word to you, let alone sent you an email asking where the fish are. lets make that crystal clear.

the fact is, i know where big fish are being caught. up here in MA, eastern RI, etc. but i don't go to those areas because they aren't my spots, i don't feel right about it. (not always a 2 way street though). its an unwritten law that you're supposed to follow, like not burning spots.

just because you don't fish those spots anymore doesn't give you the right to kill them for everyone else still battling the elements looking for one "rat 30." you'd think someone who's been in the game as long as you would understand this...

BTW i find it funny you would call a 30 a rat when in the past you'd be the first to post a pic of anything over 20lbs from the surf....

eelman
10-24-2007, 01:33 PM
well, to be fair, he did mention one area that is somewhat difficult to access without going through private property.

at least edit that one out, lest a bunch of folk crowd the place and cause the locals to start towing angler's cars.

i'm not jumping on #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, i enjoy his posts, i'm just trying to watch out for us all.

uhhhhhh Where have you been, that place has been overun for years???????????????

eelman
10-24-2007, 01:38 PM
don't imply that i've ever spoken a word to you, let alone sent you an email asking where the fish are. lets make that crystal clear.

the fact is, i know where big fish are being caught. up here in MA, eastern RI, etc. but i don't go to those areas because they aren't my spots, i don't feel right about it. (not always a 2 way street though). its an unwritten law that you're supposed to follow, like not burning spots.

just because you don't fish those spots anymore doesn't give you the right to kill them for everyone else still battling the elements looking for one "rat 30." you'd think someone who's been in the game as long as you would understand this...

BTW i find it funny you would call a 30 a rat when in the past you'd be the first to post a pic of anything over 20lbs from the surf....

ya true until this spring when I had 12 30lbers in a row, Jim and I were getting tired of catching fish that size...and dont tell me how or what to feel...I have certainly paid my Surf dues more than anyboday, rain, snow, wind, ice, high surf, miles and miles of walking and almost divorced..I understand everything perfectly...I have learned even before I baught a boat that "batteling the elements" is for fools, there is no need to do that exept maybe in the late fall....plenty of fish are caught on the nice nights, the smart fisherman is in bed on those he man nights, resting up because he knows better........

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=luds48;534162] Thought we were just busting balls. [QUOTE]

We are. I'll throw in a smiley .:hee:

luds
10-24-2007, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=luds48;534162] Thought we were just busting balls. [QUOTE]

We are. I'll throw in a smiley .:hee:

JFigliuolo
10-24-2007, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=bart;534165]don't imply that i've ever spoken a word to you, let alone sent you an email asking where the fish are. lets make that crystal clear....

QUOTE]

Please put me in that camp also. I must confess, though once, I believe last summer, I asked 2 people if they could give me any intel on an easy to fish spot that was producing ANYTHING, as I was planning on taking out my wife who was sick. She loves to fish, but had been very sick w/Lyme and unable to get out at all for over a year. So for her, I swallowed my pride. Bill was one of those people. We have exchanged emails about various other fishing related topics he was very helpfull.

fishpoopoo
10-24-2007, 01:50 PM
uhhhhhh Where have you been, that place has been overun for years???????????????

may be true, but it would be terrible if the locals got fed up and hired a tow-truck operator if one parked there. why tempt fate?

Rockport24
10-24-2007, 01:54 PM
in my opinion, all the good spots are overrun eventually, however, go in the deep night and you won't find anybody. I fish a lot of spots at night that get very crowded during the day as soon as the sun rises.
the key, again in my opinion, is knowing how and when and this is what the "sharpies" know. Sure there are secret "pet" spots that people like to keep to themselves, but I think a lot of people have this sense that there are spots out there where 30 pounders are jumping onto the shore and it's easy to catch them. I just don't think that is true. It's a right place, right time, kind of thing and there will always be people out there that have put in the time enought to know those right places and right times.

cheferson
10-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Cant we all just get along???

bart
10-24-2007, 02:02 PM
you just made my point. you think people who HAVE learned said spots want someone telling the world how to fish them?

Squibby17
10-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Reading this thread makes me have second thoughts about asking for advice when I go to Rhody for the first time next weekend by myself. :confused:

I realized the other day I've never caught a striper outside of massachusetts. I guess asking for a few tips might get me in some trouble

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 02:05 PM
WTF is this thread about anyways? I've wasted precious time off today monitoring and participating in this dog's breakfast of a thread. I need some closure before I head out tonight. :huh:

eelman
10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
WTF is this thread about anyways? I've wasted precious time off today monitoring and participating in this dog's breakfast of a thread. I need some closure before I head out tonight. :huh:

Fun isnt it mike:hee:

Have fun tonight in your "secret" spot:kewl:

Rockport24
10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
to tell you the truth, I like those articles that tell you "how" to fish spots, not because of their spot-burning qualities, but because they help you learn what to look out for. I think a lot of surfcasters, at least around my parts, 1) don't fish at night and 2) don't pay attention to all the variables. most "spot" or "report" chasers are just looking for new spots and once they get skunked a couple of times, they move on. There are NO MAGIC SPOTS!! If there were, word would get out and everybody would just be there all the time.

eelman
10-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Reading this thread makes me have second thoughts about asking for advice when I go to Rhody for the first time next weekend by myself. :confused:

I realized the other day I've never caught a striper outside of massachusetts. I guess asking for a few tips might get me in some trouble

you can ask me I will tell ya!

bart
10-24-2007, 02:15 PM
lets do an experiment. i'll post where BB is getting all these 20-40lb fish and lets see who shows up. you game Mike? :)

RIJIMMY
10-24-2007, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=Back Beach;534169][QUOTE=luds48;534162] Thought we were just busting balls.

that made my day! too funny.

I love these spot threads! We've been due for some time.

RIJIMMY
10-24-2007, 02:21 PM
lets do an experiment. i'll post where BB is getting all these 20-40lb fish and lets see who shows up. you game Mike? :)

no need to experiment - 10000 people will show up.

Again - spot vs. report

spot - good
report - bad :hihi:

MarshCappa
10-24-2007, 02:21 PM
This thread has been interesting to say the least. In my humble attempt to get it back on track it has inspired me to keep the fishing going this fall. I have a meeting in Hyannis in the morning and Falmouth at 2pm. I plan on hitting a few places in Falmouth before my meeting and thanks to #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&'s previous experiences it will focus my efforts on a couple of places. This fall run started great for me in my skiff on Dux bay but I've been rock hopping recently and reminded how much harder it is from shore. I hope to be rewarded Friday though with some new places in an area I'm learning more and more about.

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 02:28 PM

No problem at all. We're all friends here.:buds:

I might have lied to everyone about where though.

bart
10-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Bass River
Incoming
Drifting sea robin chunks

Back Beach
10-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Bass River
Incoming
Drifting sea robin chunks

WTF BART! Watch your back, brother. I know where you reside.

:rocketem:

fishaholic18
10-24-2007, 02:34 PM
I have learned even before I baught a boat that "batteling the elements" is for fools, there is no need to do that exept maybe in the late fall....plenty of fish are caught on the nice nights, the smart fisherman is in bed on those he man nights, resting up because he knows better........

No truer words spoken,,,,:angel:
Surf fishing is for guys who can't afford boats......:cputin::laughs:

eelman
10-24-2007, 02:40 PM

Good thing we got ours when we did!

"whats up................Bud":buds:

eelman
10-24-2007, 02:44 PM
HAVE A NICE DAY

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&/60lbsmalljpeg.jpg

DZ
10-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Chasing reports is indeed a problem and I know what you mean having chased my fair share when I was much younger. But to say that spots can’t be burned is a mistake. What I failed to convey in my last post is I’ve learned first hand from mistakes I made and I have concrete numbers to prove my point. Back 10 years ago or so I wrote an article about a “Surf Fishing Parking Permit” that my local community instituted to allow surf fishermen parking access in areas where parking was normally not permitted. Without getting into details here - my intent was to show other surfcasting communities how to deal with potential parking problems in their own areas.
To make a long story short the city I live in issued “Triple” the amount of permits in one season after my article was published – three years later the number issued was 239 - a majority were issued to out of town fishermen. I had people calling me from all over wanting to know more about the permit – these guys were not chasing a “fish report” but were looking for a new place to cast.
The article back-fired big time and the city fathers let me know about it. I screwed-up. So I know first hand how a “where to” article, however inadvertent, can have an effect on location.
Put that kind of info on a website and it goes on and on forever and a simple goggle search will find it.

One thing about these spot burn posts - it sure gets people reading these boards. ;)
John must love it.
DZ

riverrat2
10-24-2007, 02:51 PM
I have learned even before I baught a boat that "batteling the elements" is for fools, there is no need to do that exept maybe in the late fall....plenty of fish are caught on the nice nights, the smart fisherman is in bed on those he man nights, resting up because he knows better........

This is so true, too many people read all these articles and stories online that during a giant noreaster is when they will catch giant fish. I completly disagree and believe the exact opposite. Giant surf doesn't "push"(if i here that one more time I am going to puke) fish into the beach neither does a 10knt onshore breeze. A foot under water it is the same as it is during a flat ass calm night. How many people here have actually cought fish over 35# consistently during a huge blow????

eelman
10-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Chasing reports is indeed a problem and I know what you mean having chased my fair share when I was much younger. But to say that spots can’t be burned is a mistake. What I failed to convey in my last post is I’ve learned first hand from mistakes I made and I have concrete numbers to prove my point. Back 10 years ago or so I wrote an article about a “Surf Fishing Parking Permit” that my local community instituted to allow surf fishermen parking access in areas where parking was normally not permitted. Without getting into details here - my intent was to show other surfcasting communities how to deal with potential parking problems in their own areas.
To make a long story short the city I live in issued “Triple” the amount of permits in one season after my article was published – three years later the number issued was 239 - a majority were issued to out of town fishermen. I had people calling me from all over wanting to know more about the permit – these guys were not chasing a “fish report” but were looking for a new place to cast.
The article back-fired big time and the city fathers let me know about it. I screwed-up. So I know first hand how a “where to” article, however inadvertent, can have an effect on location.
Put that kind of info on a website and it goes on and on forever and a simple goggle search will find it.

One thing about these spot burn posts - it sure gets people reading these boards. ;)
John must love it.
DZ

No dennis, its me..I am the lightning rod...

But seriously, its talked about like damn military exercise??? Give me a break

eelman
10-24-2007, 02:53 PM
This is so true, too many people read all these articles and stories online that during a giant noreaster is when they will catch giant fish. I completly disagree and believe the exact opposite. Giant surf doesn't "push"(if i here that one more time I am going to puke) fish into the beach neither does a 10knt onshore breeze. A foot under water it is the same as it is during a flat ass calm night. How many people here have actually cought fish over 35# consistently during a huge blow????

your my new hero...a smart man!

eelman
10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
btw .... Plugs....they dont work......

eelman
10-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Clowns

eelman
10-24-2007, 03:08 PM
see how easy!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&/May07020Medium.jpg

eelman
10-24-2007, 03:09 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&/jimspic2007.jpg

eelman
10-24-2007, 03:09 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&/47may27lbfish.jpg

eelman
10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
You can keep your fall........

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&/striper45.jpg

eelman
10-24-2007, 03:12 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&/50lber003.jpg

eelman
10-24-2007, 03:14 PM
":eyes:Bye a Boat, Save a spot"

Mike P
10-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Boy, you don't even have to worry about leaving drag marks any more :rotflmao:

fishaholic18
10-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Boy, you don't even have to worry about leaving drag marks any more :rotflmao:

He Bleaches the docks when he's done Mike..No DNA left behind...:shocked:

Bronko
10-24-2007, 04:22 PM
:bl2::bl2:

Clammer
10-24-2007, 06:48 PM
WOW>.
I.d love to jump in /

there is no right or wrong answer ;;

the best way is to say nothing >>>>> years ago my partner had a saying >>ask me no questions >. I,ll tell ya no lies ;;

Spots .. this has been going on for ages / just now with the net / it fuels instant responces ;;

Some of the things I,ve seen & learned over the years .. you may choose to agree/ no not >. && in the cases of those that just throw stones & agree to disagee on what a few have to save >>>>>>>>>>>>> GFY

#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& ;;
Is nuts & gets carried away / can,t do two things @ once & is totally F $%^&*( up
also its true >> & he was told on & off the site .. don,t keep posting photo,s & rubbing it in >.especially to the guy that fished the last 5 nights & got the skunk ;; he wouldn,t listen / he came very close to losing friendships over that & bass . he actually pleaded with me to MAKE tTHINGS right with a certain fisherman //
rather late /but he finally learned not to stuff it in your face ;;

Hab,s sudden passing made alot of people better understand my saying >.ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE ::

I hadn,r read this thread because the heading .. meant & means nothing to me // But after the first few post & a couple of fun posts /it comes down to the same old spot %$%$%$%$ //
Now your thinking WTF / Clammer fishes from a boat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> it was not always that way ;; I still enjoy fishing from shore but I physically can,t handle the effort / & I appaurd [sp] the old timers that still do it :;
the youngins /WTF ..your young /do it now ;;

getting back to spots ; HTF can you even thing of getting on someones case / when it is so general ;; & I know that [Been There] just throwing out well kmown places seems harmless >. Put the guy that is actually fishing that place @ the time @ is catching >. is pissed off ;;
If ya really wanna stop this stuff you can,t >>>>>>>>>>
I truly believe if you take a person from Great salt flats >>>> who has never even seen water :;
[1] give them access for a month to all the articles ever written about how & where on stripers ;;
[2] access to the how to & where to video,s
[3] internet access to all the sites that focus on stripers ;;
&&&&& I,m willing to bet he/she will be pretty successful .. not bad for a guy that never saw water /never mind bass ;;
[4} if ya really wanted to make it easy for him let him/her charter a guide or charter captain if by boat >> which he already has the eyes & ears of depth/fish finder & GPS .. WTF is a compass .. he hires the expert / lets say for 5 trips under different conditions >>>>>>>> now somewhere along the line he,s gonna be taken to spots .. &&& if its really tough // that expert :;99/100 will take the client to his ace in the whole ;;;

Its not just surf spots / even throug that,s what brings up the Flames on sites ;;
no you have any idea how many ::FISHERMAN } both boat & surf woulf be F#$%^&* with reading, writing & internet ;;
alot of the youngin have paids dues & will continue to do so >>>> but don,t try & b/s by saying I learned this & that myself :: internet / plug building , books ., etc
I wish some of you that are so hot about spots had better things to do >>>> like go on a boat && see what a zoo it can be ;; also weather conditions affect the boater just as much or more than the surf fisherman ;;
I,d love to see how many fisherman //boat WTF they would with no electronics ;
WTF is a compass ???? ranges WTF ?? ya cook on them ;;
I wish I could go back 40 years / if from surf /ya really had to know you s$%^&*
& if by boat / electronics where just becoming availble [sp]

so you better now how to use a compass /take ranges & we all had @ least one marker in our boats >. usually something so big noone thought anything of it / or so small that ya needed ranges to see it ;;
& yes we were all F $%^&*() in the fog >> we knew how to navigate to a particular area / but we couldn,t see out ranges

it was different /then info came by the guy in the bait shop // who knows if it was true // & back then there were alot more tournments for the average guy // & people would come & watch ;;
the newpapers always had photos of large being caught / && tournaments were followed like the world series /with daily updates ;;
Magazines .. i think were outdoor life & field & stream // Not much od a threat to the striper ad#^&#^&#^&#^& / maybe SWS .I can,t remember ;;
But everYone followed the articles in the newpaper

1st was lester Boyd .. who reported /but knew his stuff >> he had a double ended dory with the O/B in the middle / he smoked them with the C/C spinner & worm ;;
One day after he posted a article on the abundance of white perch in a river / I went up to him & asked him if he could keep it a little lower >. they were paying for my schooling >> he did ;;

then there STaff carroll / who fished with anyone who would take him >> but you could always see him with TONY-THE-BARBER >> every WEdnesday ;;
& then Dan head >. who had a boat of his own /but really relied on others for his reports & fish ;;
&& that brings us to Tom Meade / who writs now for the journal /but not in the manner of back then ;;;

Oh lets not forget Scully >> every friday the back page from the old record american out of Boston .. was full with locations & reports ;;

I just remembered about a place we use to fish hard from may to the middle of July :; I have never ever seen a article on this place to this day :: && I,m willing to bet If was $%^&* enough to take someone there >> I need help getting there /its from shore ;; that there wouldn,t be a soul around except me & the bass ;;

Lotta old stories ;;

we were smokin the bass commercially Years ago >> we all sold in Mass >> ie ::now a higher commercial quota in mass thanks to that ;;
we had a awesome day >> I can still remember the numBers & I had a copy of the check ;; we,ll we sold to spooner // well we found out that was mistake / he didn,t know where we were fishing /but kept asking everyone .if the had any idea where we were fishing >. his logic >. more guys more fish for him ;
well we hired A kid B/A are his initials >. he lived in someset ;; we would call him & n=meet him in the parking lot at the exit for ocean grove .. by the end of the seson everyone was trying to find & figure out where & who he was :: he couldn,t catch a fish in a hatchery ..
we paid him 10% back then & gas wasn,t a issue ;;

a couple more of I remember /

Paul bettercourt / goes by the baitman on the water >.

I know him as CooKo [sp] >. no one better on this earth when it comes to nowing whre /how & when to catch any kind of bait ;;
Well I saw him at the PFC club /half in the bag / mumbling /said hi & left / a couple of days later I went to peddle steamers && there he was same shape & condition >.. so I said WTF you doing / the fishing great ..money to be had:: he told me he couldn,t go >>. why paul >. joes in town for a month >. one of his brothers worked as a merchant marine ..so he,s off when back home ;; sooooooo I said > he said he but a F $%^&*() curse on me /can,t fish until he leaves :::
Another time there are three of us fishing commercially out of his boat >> we had fish 3-4 hours in the nite / when he descides the bait is tired /throws it overboard & heads to his dock >> he then tells us he can fill up with bait in 45 minutes ;; i was told to stay with the boat to nothing would disappear ;;One hour later they come back with F $%^&*( bait all over the plac e .. we now head back to were we before >. with fresh bait >even thru the bait he threw away . swam away >>>>>>> we were B/s ing [this is arounf 2 - 3 AM /and somehow I mentioned the $%^&*() can,t spell it / but its Portuguese for whitch woman / that she lived in the house next to my mother on the 2nd floor ;;
WELL / he went f #$%^&*( nuts / starting the motor before we could get the anchors in & went tear=assing to the dock .. never even secured the boat >. that was our job ..he had to go find her ;;

lastly >. One spring we were doing good on large up the river ;;
then he started having better days on a average than all of us ;; I called him about it &&&&& he said he couldn,t talk about it & to be at his house that evening [ALONE]
I go >> and we go out back /were presides to tell me he came up with the setup that was working well ;; great >.show me >>
Get this >. we had to wait to the coast was clear >..we went into his basement & he showed me his ]][[secret weapon ]]] WTF
he said he could let two go & I had to promise to tell noone but my partner ; I said thanks .I owe you one & start to walk up the cellar stairs ;;He graps me & says WTF you doing ??? I,m leaving ;; well you don,t have them hidden >.,yeah .noones here but you /me & your sister Tilly >> that,s it they had to be hidden from her >>>>>>> yet he would fish with her to have another rod in the boat ;;

the moral of this story is I,m F $%^&*( up /on meds / ya all worry about stupid %$%$%$%$ & same old >.old days ;:cheers:

piemma
10-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Good post Mike.
You know, it never fails. I go to the West Coast for a week and all hell breaks loose. I could see this &^%^&$ if it was March and everybody had cabin fever but what the hell, it's only October.
GO OUT AND FISH!!!!!!

ilovetwofish
10-24-2007, 07:10 PM
I second that. IM 35 and love to fish the hard to get at spots. I spend alot of time fishing different spots sometimes I do allright most times I dont do so well any extra help from the very expeirenced anglers I think is great. No 1 person or group of people own the water.

Come on now, give me a break. #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& did not burn anything. It seems whenever he posts someone always has to get thier panties in a bunch. I think for the most part, some of you dudes are just jealous of his accomplishments. Lets face it the guy certainly knows his s#*t and I for one would love to hear what he has to say more often. No wonder we dont here from him that much, someones always getting in his face. Pathetic.

JoeP
10-24-2007, 07:26 PM
As usual DZ excellent post right on point. Funny how guys' perspectives change so easily...they forget how it was...

Spot talk no-no’s in my book: Many times I see spots burned because the burner doesn’t fish there anymore. Don’t post (or write) about a spot that you don’t fish - because if you do it’s not YOU that has to deal with the consequences. I’ve seen this happen quite often in the last few years. A location in nearby Mass used to be a location with a very low profile that only a handful knew about. If I met two guys there it was a crowd. Now forget it – not worth the drive if you like to fish alone.

It’s not that spots are burned as much as a part of the unwritten rules of the surfcasting game have been compromised. Thing’s that would never be done are now routine – and that’s sad. It’s kind of like looking at the answers on the back page without trying to figure it out the problem.

DZ

Slipknot
10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi Clammer :wave: love ya man
I have no idea what you said because there is no way I can read all that or this whole thread, but when did you get a voice to type program for your computer? that must have been 2 hours to type all that :rollem: gotta be some kind of record length post :btu:

I got baseball to watch

Moses
10-24-2007, 07:34 PM

Too bad this thread took a nose dive in a different direction. I was just looking for some opinions.....

DaveS
10-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Bill didn't burn any spots, he named a few places to fish is all. People need to learn how to differentiate between the two, it's getting a bit ridiculous. Starting this weekend, I'll be fishing one of those places Bill named religiously ;).

JoeP
10-24-2007, 11:01 PM

Really...

Maybe it's that some of us surf-guys who can easily afford a boat simply don't have the time to use it enough like you seem to do because: unfortunately we have to work at our jobs all of our weekdays and, fortunately we much prefer spending the other daylight hours during the week and on weekends enjoying time with our families - making nighttime surf-fishing about the only option. And maybe we truly enjoy it.

Do you have a job? I think the answer is somewhere on this Board and maybe explains your stupid comment...

And just how far up Billy's rear-end do you intend to travel?

ChiefLinesider
10-25-2007, 12:10 AM
http://www.buy-midol.info/images/pms.gif

fishaholic18
10-25-2007, 07:05 AM
Really...

Maybe it's that some of us surf-guys who can easily afford a boat simply don't have the time to use it enough like you seem to do because: unfortunately we have to work at our jobs all of our weekdays and, fortunately we much prefer spending the other daylight hours during the week and on weekends enjoying time with our families - making nighttime surf-fishing about the only option. And maybe we truly enjoy it.

Do you have a job? I think the answer is somewhere on this Board and maybe explains your stupid comment...

And just how far up Billy's rear-end do you intend to travel?
Bud..You need to learn how to take a joke ..see the F^%$# smilies??!!! That's all that was intended, like most of this thread probably was..So grow up..and chill out, have some fun..Life is short..
And..don't go personal on me..not appreciated at all..you don't know my situation..believe me..I wouldn't wish it on you..
And as for the "Up Billy's Ass" comment..Billy and I are good friends and we like to have fun..we both have a sense of humor (try it/you may like it). I'll admit, we do tend to like to stir the pot a bit..no harm is intended though..Maybe we are wrong sitting back laughing our asses off over the F^%$# up reactions we get out of guys like yourself// But.. at least we get a good laugh..
:hf1::hf1:..Like is short..Laugh a little dude..

eelman
10-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Holy Chit Clammer???? I cant follow that post past the first two paragraphs:kewl: But I know it must have been very important for you to write, your going to have to read it to me word for word:rotf3:

F18......Is right we have become good friends and understand each others humor...It is funny how tweaked people get and how "rightious" people get over this stuff...It all boils down to one thing...A fish...so gimmie a break......:as:

Oh Ya, Almost forgot....Thanks for Buying Dinner for F18 AND I Last night Clammer, it always tastes better when when someone else pays for it........"Whats up Bud"

fishpoopoo
10-25-2007, 07:27 AM

it's not that i can't afford a boat ... it's that my marriage can't afford a boat. :spin::laughs:

fishaholic18
10-25-2007, 07:30 AM
it's not that i can't afford a boat ... it's that my marriage can't afford a boat. :spin::laughs:

I here ya Ben..My wife loves the boat..We've had our best times on it...:bounce:

piemma
10-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Man has this thread gone in a bad direction. IT"S ONLY FISHING!!!
All of you guys need to lighten up. I really don't think anyone had any malicious intent when they posted comments.
This has gotten completely out of hand.

I am good friends with Joe P, Bryan, F18, Clammer and of course my partner in crime Bill. I don't see what is beening accomplished by the barbs that are being bantered about.

I think one of the moderators should close this thread before it get any further out of hand.

The Dad Fisherman
10-25-2007, 07:45 AM
It looks like everybody's Fall Run, Full Moon Strategy is to Fight a lot.

keeperreaper
10-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Close the thread down. Nothing good will come out of keeping it open.

Back Beach
10-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Too bad this thread took a nose dive in a different direction. I was just looking for some opinions.....

Moses,

Start a new one, its a good topic as we wind down the season. Everyone be cool:smokin:

RIJIMMY
10-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Close the thread down. Nothing good will come out of keeping it open.

I'm getting a lot of laughs out of it. :p

Back Beach
10-25-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm getting a lot of laughs out of it. :p

We need one of these every once in a while to get rid of the bad blood, just keep the personal stuff out of them. Some good laughs no doubt, hopefully people realize its only the net, not real.

JohnR
10-25-2007, 08:00 AM
John must love it.
DZ

No - it gives John angina :wall::shocked::eek: ... These threads also seem to happen when I'm offline for a bit... I just read everything after the 3rd post for the first time and have a headache :spidey:

I'm all for brotherly love and all that crap, more fishing less bitching :bl:

Can we avoid this one CONTINUING to be a pi$$ing contest so we don't need to lock it down?

JoeP
10-25-2007, 08:01 AM
See PM - this doesn't need to be public. But I will say - you need to learn how to make a good joke and take a shot back at you when you do try to "stir the pot". Funny that your reaction to my response was even more personal than my response itself - so who can't take it & who's laughing now...

Bud..You need to learn how to take a joke ..see the F^%$# smilies??!!! That's all that was intended, like most of this thread probably was..So grow up..and chill out, have some fun..Life is short..
And..don't go personal on me..not appreciated at all..you don't know my situation..believe me..I wouldn't wish it on you..
And as for the "Up Billy's Ass" comment..Billy and I are good friends and we like to have fun..we both have a sense of humor (try it/you may like it). I'll admit, we do tend to like to stir the pot a bit..no harm is intended though..Maybe we are wrong sitting back laughing our asses off over the F^%$# up reactions we get out of guys like yourself// But.. at least we get a good laugh..
:hf1::hf1:..Like is short..Laugh a little dude..

eelman
10-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Nope nothing good will come of it......

To put things in perspective...PIEMMA..Has Cancer, thats something important, thats a battle, thats the real thing...Fishing?? Talking about what may be a good place to go? Your kidding me..I admire paul, with his problems he still gets up every day, heads to his boat and enjoys every minute on the water, Bluefish bass doesnt make a difference, 20 minutes or two hours, again it doesnt make a difference....He is there, he is enjoying himself...The guy who says it takes sacrafice and commitment to fish "hard" in the elements has NOTHING on a guy like paul, he is the one who really makes a sacrifice.....Never complains, Never puts it on anyone else, always has a smile on his face...If I pick a hero, paul is the kind of guy with the kind of situation I admire...

As for getting personall? there just isnt a need for it..no matter how far a post goes, no matter how much a thread bothers someone, getting personall and bringing up someones family life is wrong...

Anyway, take it for what it is...Miniscule in the journey of life...fishing

JohnR
10-25-2007, 08:03 AM
No - it gives John angina :wall::shocked::eek: ... These threads also seem to happen when I'm offline for a bit... I just read everything after the 3rd post for the first time and have a headache :spidey:

I'm all for brotherly love and all that crap, more fishing less bitching :bl:

Can we avoid this one CONTINUING to be a pi$$ing contest so we don't need to lock it down?

Since were on a new page :fishslap:

piemma
10-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Billy, thanks for the kind words. All you guys who think #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& is a monster have never taken the time to get to know him. I'm not going to turn this into a lovefest but Bill Nolan is the kind of guy who will go out of his way to help someone when they need help. We talk several times a day, even when I am traveling on business and have a lot of laughs about how over the top some of the post get.
Yeah, Billy is crazy sometimes but if I where to bet every cent I had on who would come through for me when I needed help or support, it would be him.

Let's just put all the personal crap that has been posted in this thread behind and go out and finish the year with a bang.

eelman
10-25-2007, 08:11 AM
OK, OK, OK....John...Midol taken, laying off on the coffee...

What is amazing is this thread has alomst 3000 views in two days!! If you were in a ratings war like TV Stations, I would have my agent looking you up now to re-negotiate my contract with a healthy signing bonus!:rotf2::rotf2:

I think its time to write a book..........I will get started today

eelman
10-25-2007, 08:16 AM
Where is Raven....I think everyone should send there kids out on Halloween as the "#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&"...This year I am going as the Clammer:buds:

Fishpart
10-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Enough already, John can open it back up or make it disappear if he wants to..