View Full Version : kinda lame

RIJIMMY
10-25-2007, 08:41 AM
that the thread was closed. I'm not one to stir the pot out here but there was nothing that bad or personal in the thread.

That type of discussion is what makes this place interesting, families argue and disagree and we should do the same here. :uhuh:

Spots, boats vs surf, and plugs vs eel, that thread had it all! What else has anyone ever disagreed about here, I can't name a thing! I enjoy the debate and beleive it or not learned a lot from that thread - for example, I always fished on the rainiest, nastiest nights with 7ft waves - BB and EM set me straight. I'm sleeping from now on and focusing on more managable nights!

fishaholic18
10-25-2007, 08:43 AM
that the thread was closed. I'm not one to stir the pot out here but there was nothing that bad or personal in the thread.

That type of discussion is what makes this place interesting, families argue and disagree and we should do the same here. :uhuh:

Spots, boats vs surf, and plugs vs eel, that thread had it all! What else has anyone ever disagreed about here, I can't name a thing! I enjoy the debate and beleive it or not learned a lot from that thread - for example, I always fished on the rainiest, nastiest nights with 7ft waves - BB and EM set me straight. I'm sleeping from now on and focusing on more managable nights!Which thread RIJ?

RIJIMMY
10-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Fall Run, Late October and Full Moon.....

Back Beach
10-25-2007, 08:47 AM
We can pick it back up here if you like, Jim. :laugha:

My new signature says it all.

RIJIMMY
10-25-2007, 08:54 AM
its not worth it. #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, F18, Back Beach, Piemma, Clammer, RIRockhound, and many others have a TON of info to share and I enjoy the debate. It gets a little pissy, but its someting we all care about and its bound to happen.
All I know is I have a few weeks left to get a 30 this year and IT WILL HAPPEN!

Clammer
10-25-2007, 09:00 AM
RIJ

the only f #$%^&*( way your gonna get a 30 >> is to illegal keep 10 > 3 pounders :hf1:

fishaholic18
10-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Fall Run, Late October and Full Moon.....

What do you want to know?

I remember a night(surf fishing) with Canalman, I believe it was Oct. 29th a couple years back, Dave and I were slinging eels at one of our fav. outflows..I remember it so well because it was freezing cold and snow was coming down pretty good..We were really struggling to keep from freezing to death while standing waist high in the surf with waves crashing into our chests and snow covering our heads...It was getting real hard to stay focused on fishing, I just wanted to get in the truck to warm up..But we stuck it out when I got a hit and set up on a nice fish..High 30#er..released it, sent out my eel again and got another hit right away, I set up and reel in another bass in the high 30's..I had enough so I wimped out and went for the truck..I let the youngin' (Canalman).have his fun. He ended up grabbing a few more fish in the 20's..We went back the next night and not a hit...So I guess the point is..Fish are on the move in the fall..so weather it be from boat of shore..You need to keep moving to find them...

piemma
10-25-2007, 09:19 AM
So I remember a November night when #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& and I took a hike at about 20 degrees with NW at 25kts. So cold you thought your fingers would fall off. Guess what? We danced with the big girls till we couldn't take it anymore.
It's the time of year when you suffer a lot but it's worth it.

Boat gets pulled Monday and I'm back in the surf till there ain't no more fish.

RIROCKHOUND
10-25-2007, 09:22 AM
WTF did I do wrong in that thread?
going back to work so I can leave early enough to fish tonight.

get out there with eels Jim. they are around. not 30 last night, but decent fish to be found!

DZ
10-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Jim,
I agree. Would have rather seen certain posts deleted than the whole thread. There were some educational posts in that thread. If I made anyone think twice before they hit submit in the future my intent was succesful.
DZ

Pt.JudeJoe
10-25-2007, 09:54 AM
RIJ

the only f #$%^&*( way your gonna get a 30 >> is to illegal keep 10 > 3 pounders :hf1:

Mikey I just fell offa my chair! :rotf3: I am gonna use that one . ahhhhahahaha!

Clammer
10-25-2007, 10:13 AM
JOE

I,m glad you found humor in it >. I had a feeling we had bad blood without really meeting each other ;;
you have too many good fisherman talk highly of you // no doubt we will sone meet in that late season hole we all fish at some time :;
Thanks MIKE:wiggle:

RIJIMMY
10-25-2007, 10:15 AM

get out there with eels Jim. they are around. not 30 last night, but decent fish to be found!

no no no !!! That was a major compliment! I value your posts in all threads, I was not highlighting anyone doing anything wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

piemma
10-25-2007, 10:16 AM

Go back to work and drink some coffee. Congrats on going large last night in the Walmart parking lot (spot burn!!!!)

RIROCKHOUND
10-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Go back to work and drink some coffee. Congrats on going large last night in the Walmart parking lot (spot burn!!!!)

I went 'medium; not large :D

RIJIMMY
10-25-2007, 10:21 AM
RIJ

We'll see!

luds
10-25-2007, 10:27 AM
What do you want to know?

I remember a night(surf fishing) with Canalman, I believe it was Oct. 29th a couple years back, Dave and I were slinging eels at one of our fav. outflows..I remember it so well because it was freezing cold and snow was coming down pretty good..We were really struggling to keep from freezing to death while standing waist high in the surf with waves crashing into our chests and snow covering our heads...It was getting real hard to stay focused on fishing, I just wanted to get in the truck to warm up..But we stuck it out when I got a hit and set up on a nice fish..High 30#er..released it, sent out my eel again and got another hit right away, I set up and reel in another bass in the high 30's..I had enough so I wimped out and went for the truck..I let the youngin' (Canalman).have his fun. He ended up grabbing a few more fish in the 20's..We went back the next night and not a hit...So I guess the point is..Fish are on the move in the fall..so weather it be from boat of shore..You need to keep moving to find them...

That's too bad. You probably could have pulled out a 40 with beachmaster cowboy swimmer. :wave:

Oh......I also did not have any problems with that thread. Love him or hate him.....#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& stirs things up which we need sometimes. I also liked seeing some of the names we don't see as much anymore participating in that thread. Hopefully you guys will stick around and post more frequently.

Clammer
10-25-2007, 10:32 AM
RIJ

Be prepared / there isa a attack plan in the works as I write to take out the hevary hitters in wickford :;

If i was you I,d begin to sleep on my boat >. horny Zac & P-23 are included in the attack ;;

this is your one & final warning :rocketem:

RIJIMMY
10-25-2007, 10:44 AM
if you're after the heavy hitters, I am safe!

Clammer
10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
no one is safe from the f $%^&* mind of the CLAMMER :spin:

Swimmer
10-25-2007, 11:04 AM
RIJ

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

zacs
10-25-2007, 11:05 AM
the way my finances are, i could use the insurance claim.....

love,

horny zac

Pete F.
10-25-2007, 03:25 PM
RIJ

Reminds me of the "old guy" ,probably my age now, that used to tell me "you'll never be a carpenter, but you might make one"