View Full Version : Best spotsSouthern Rhode Island?...

Bliz
09-12-2002, 12:08 PM
looking to fish evenings & early mornings depending on the tides this weekend...

Does anyone know of any busy areas around Tiverton,Westport or even Newport for that matter?...

Another consideration is toward sakonnet point... fogland,
south coast, taylors lane etc...
:confused: :confused: :confused:

bloocrab
09-12-2002, 12:21 PM
...head to the SW Don....

..there aren't only baitfish up that way, but BIG UNS' TOO!!!...

...stop in at Don's, he'll give you the finger :laughs: ....errrrrrrr, I mean point his finger in the right direction....:D

...in our area, there is still some considerable bait, but it seems the predators are not as number-some..and the size just ain't here...unless you got a boat..:smash: ....THAT WORKS! :af:

....I may be in Newport Friday night...moving to the SW corner of R.I......happy trails!

....the tides look great for Friday night.....into Saturday morning.:D

Bliz
09-12-2002, 12:28 PM
Bloo,
Where is Don's shop located?...

JohnR
09-12-2002, 02:07 PM
http://weekapaug.com - Westerly/Misquamicut

surf fishing IN R.I.
09-12-2002, 03:11 PM
HAY DON TRY SOUTH SHORE I HAVE BEN DOING OK THERE NOTHING HAPPENING AT STONE BRIDGE . YOU FISH A LOT OF PLACES I GO TO FOGLAND I HAVE NOT GONE THERE THIS YEAR TAYLER LANE ONE TIME AND NOTHING THATS IT. BETTER OFF AT SOUTH SHOE . BARRINGTON BEACH IS DOING REAL GOOD RIGHT NOW THATS THE FIRST PLACE I WOULD HIT FROM THERE GO TO SOUTH SHORE OR THE LANDING

GOOD LUCK

Bliz
09-13-2002, 01:32 PM
South Shore in little compton?...

JohnR
09-13-2002, 02:09 PM
Naps
WH
EB
CB
Quonny
C-town
Sheeps Pen
Carpenters
Stinky Beach
Narror River
Frenchmans
FTV
RRock
DH
OM
Weeky Point
WB
Overlook/Bowl

Hows that for starters in 60 seconds or less :D

Bliz
09-13-2002, 02:12 PM
John,
I think that I'm going to head your way this weekend for some keepers!...

MarkL
09-16-2002, 11:53 AM
Naragansette

Newton Ave
Hazard Ave
Bass Rock
Black Rock Point

Deep water there. Fish on either side of the rocks not directly on them! Narrow River (as mentioned) is good to.

Bliz
09-16-2002, 11:55 AM
Sounds good!

I'm still seeking my 1st keeper!

JohnR
09-16-2002, 12:08 PM
Newton & Hazzard are not for the faint of heart or inexperienced... One person dies there every 2-3 years... Not a safe spot, especially at night...
But like Mark said (BTW - welcome aboard), hit the rocks to either side of the big ledges there... Oh Yeh, Korkers...

Bliz
09-16-2002, 12:12 PM
Got the Korkers John!...

Are there any safer hotspots you would be willing to share?

I need street names if possible for mapquest directions...

I don't get out as much as I'd like
(my wife is ready to file a missing persons report) but I would like to maximize my chances @ a 1st keeper!

chris L
09-16-2002, 01:11 PM
if its fall Id try
Naps
central beach
gooseberry and narrow river inlet
also the light at watchhill has a shot

Bliz
09-16-2002, 01:13 PM
Chris, do you know the roads they are on?...
I would be travelling from Tiverton...

chris L
09-16-2002, 01:44 PM
sorry I never learned the names of the streets . maybe someone with more brain cells knows or from RI .

MarkL
09-16-2002, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome John R. One of your members here said it was a pretty fishy site for New England guys. Looking forward to contributing/learning. :D

JohnR
09-16-2002, 02:04 PM
Thanks Mark - hope you like it here...

Don, take a snap shot of So County on mapquest and look along the roads to the beach from RT1. Almost everything is off 1 or 1a. In Westerly, you have Weekapaug Point to Misquamicut to Watch Hill, in Charlestown, East Beach Rd and West Beach Rd get you to half of those spots. In Gansett Rt1a... But do you have a friend you are fishing with? I can't stress enough how important it is to fish with someone that knows the area or to fish someone and check everything out long before the sun goes down. You really need to have ingree/egress and fish landing spots worked out...

Bliz
09-16-2002, 02:07 PM
Unfortunately John, I'm on my own...
I do not know anyone who fishes that area.

Is it possible to find those who do fish those spots for info?...
maybe to fish with?...

mrmacey
09-16-2002, 03:20 PM
how are you ill be calling you soon want to see what the weathers going to be like this weekend if its good enough to fish on the boat we ll go out if not ill fish with you from shore i need to catch one worthy of bragging before i put this boat away does anyone shrink wrap boats cheap out here or know somewhere good to get it done im looking for a portable garage like fixture if anyone has one i would love to call in tommorro its supposed to be beautiful out but wife would have my @#$well don i hope for good weather this weekend it was too much wind for me ill keep in touch thanks

Bliz
09-17-2002, 05:54 AM
Sounds great Mike!...

I hope that we can both break into some good fish!...
Let's pray that this weekend holds out some great weather!...

I'm hearing so many great things about the runs going on out in Southwest Rhode Island!...

Have you heard anything about the fishing going on down your way?...