View Full Version : SQUIDDER 140

missing link
10-28-2007, 06:39 PM
My 140 I think needs that Right side bearing replaced it looks like it's pressed in are there any tricks to pop it out I'd like to replace it. I was thinking on packing some heavy lube in there but I don't think thats the way to go.
Any input would help me alot.
Link Sr

OLD GOAT
10-29-2007, 09:22 AM
try making a tool out of a fish hook to go through the center hole and pry out the bearing

stripadan
10-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Spray some WD40 on it and let soak for a couple minutes. Then slap the sideplate against a block of wood. You will get a feel for how hard to hit it. It may take a while, but you will be able to see the bearing starting to slip out.
A curved pick, like a dental pick but larger, will work sometimes, but you chance stretching the bearing cavity.

missing link
11-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Thank you for all your help, I'm doing it this weekend.
Link

jklett
11-04-2007, 05:09 PM
I just pulled the bearings from an older squidder, there was a knurled washer pressed in holding the bearings in. Pry those out(carefully) and the bearings will come out. I heared that some of the newer ones have a c-clip holding the washer in, but I don't have a newer one so I don't know for sure. Mine were just pressed in.

Sudsy
12-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Bump for an old thread.

Iffin the bearing will not come out using a bent wire tool and penetrating oil, put it in the sink and run a trickle of hot water on it for 10 minutes or so. It should pull right out.