View Full Version : A-Rod??

BigFish
10-28-2007, 10:10 PM
If Lowell goes to Yankees....would you like to see A-Rod bring his 50 plus homers to Fenway??

I would!:kewl:

Mike P
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Not many other teams can afford him.

Sox, Cubs, maybe Anaheim. The Mets are pretty set with Wright at third, unless they trade him.

spinncognito
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM
NO THANKS

The glove-slapping pretty-boy can go play for someone else. We did just fine without him this season...:bc::bc::bc:

BigFish
10-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Lowell is most likely going to the Yanks....who you gonna stick in there???

Mike P
10-28-2007, 10:17 PM
If the Yankees stay true to their word and say A-Rod is gone if he opts out---you're going to need a new third baseman. They'll dangle big bucks at Lowell, and he'll take it.

BigFish
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Yup! Cause the Sox are not gonna give Lowell what he wants! At least if you are gonna throw big bucks at someone......get someone with a big bat....and A-Rod fits the bill.....like him or not! By the All-Star Break you will be lickin' his boot heels!

BigFish
10-28-2007, 10:19 PM
And...next year he can slide over to shortstop in the World Series....no problem!:rotf3:

BigFish
10-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Big Picture....can you see Ortiz, Manny and A-Rod hitting back to back to back????!!!!!!!:uhoh:

Mike P
10-28-2007, 10:23 PM
He was the best glove at short since Ozzie Smith when the Yankees got him, and he'd have all of spring training to get used to it again. They could move Youkilis to third, and find some big stiff to play first--heck, I'll bet even Manny could learn to play first :D

Yaz did. Lots of outfielders picked up the first baseman's mitt as they got older.

afterhours
10-29-2007, 06:47 AM
don't need the curse of arod here!

Bernzy
10-29-2007, 07:15 AM
don't need the curse of arod here!

I'm whichyou!!

Bernzy

pmueller
10-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Yankees are in chaos. ARod wants a ring and only a few teams can afford him. I truly hope we do not see him in a Boston uniform. I can only remember ARod and Tek going at it a couple of years ago. Then the Pedroira incendent earlier this year. I just don't think that the clubhouse will do well at all.
I can see a few Yankees coming to Boston, Rivera, Posada, Jeeter, and Tori ( if Tito ever leaves).

ProfessorM
10-29-2007, 07:55 AM
I no way would want that guy. For him to announce that during that game last nite pissed me off to the 10th degree last nite. He had 10 days after the series to make a decision and he does it during the game. What a PR seeking bum. I am still seething. I hope the front office is smart enough not to go after this self promoting player. Great as he is I would not take him. The Yanks won't have him so who cares where he goes. That would be the one and only reason I would have taken him before he went there but now that he is out of there I see no need to waste that much money on a non pitching player. One great player does not make a winning TEAM. I don't care if he goes down in history as the greatest player ever I have no respect for him. Give me a blue collar lunch bucket type guy any day. Let the Cubs have him. I hate for what he stands for.

ProfessorM
10-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Big Picture....can you see Ortiz, Manny and A-Rod hitting back to back to back????!!!!!!!:uhoh:

I'll take Lowell please.

The Dad Fisherman
10-29-2007, 11:10 AM
I no way would want that guy. For him to announce that during that game last nite pissed me off to the 10th degree last nite. He had 10 days after the series to make a decision and he does it during the game. What a PR seeking bum. I am still seething. I hope the front office is smart enough not to go after this self promoting player. Great as he is I would not take him. The Yanks won't have him so who cares where he goes. That would be the one and only reason I would have taken him before he went there but now that he is out of there I see no need to waste that much money on a non pitching player. One great player does not make a winning TEAM. I don't care if he goes down in history as the greatest player ever I have no respect for him. Give me a blue collar lunch bucket type guy any day. Let the Cubs have him. I hate for what he stands for.

Can I get an Amen, Brother.....my sentiments exactly. Don't need him, don't want him

EarnedStripes44
10-29-2007, 12:13 PM
I just hope the Sox give Lowell what he wants, A-Rod plays dirty, and he's I can't stand that overconfident smug, just look at his hair. Lowell is the man, model athlete. He bought food for fans camped out in front of Fenway waiting for the few remaining post season tickets. Lowell is worth every penny. A-Rod maybe the better player, but Lowell's name carries weight (Florida anyone), he's a fan favorite and more importantly, he's consistent. A Rod is anything but clutch.

Raider Ronnie
10-29-2007, 03:18 PM
I say he ends up with the Angels. Even though they need a third baseman,he's a natural SS..I'd love to see Cabrera back here,but not going to happen..

Cabrera was great when he was here.
I was told the Sox got rid of him because of his love of very young (16 or younger) girls.

Pete_G
10-29-2007, 03:21 PM
just look at his hair. .

:rotflmao:

Mike P
10-29-2007, 03:29 PM
The smart move may be to move Youkilis to third and bring in a first baseman. There aren't many good third basemen available on the free agent market. Aaron Boone is, though :hee::heybaby:

Menkeiwich is available and probably for a song. You could sign him for his glove and use him the way they used him in 2004. Then you could also try to sign a bopper for his bat, like a Hillenbrand or a Tony Clark, and still have $10 million in your pocket over what A-Rod would cost. Or you'd get those two for what re-signing Lowell would cost.

The sticking point with Lowell won't be the bucks---they Sox would be perfectly willing to commit to $25 million over two years. It'll be the years. Reportedly, Lowell wants $40-$48 million over 4 years. If the Yankees don't give it to him, chances are the Phillies will.

Squibby17
10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm also in the Anti-Arod camp. I was against getting him back in 03.

• He isn't worth what he's asking for 30+ per year
• He has Purple Lips
• Slapped the ball
• Yelled during that pop up in Toronto
• He was making plenty of $ in Texas and whined his way out of there, Maybe its me but I don't understand how you can complain when you signed a contract for a quarter of a billion dollars.

If the don't get Lowell they should look at Carlos Pena @ 1st and move Youk to third. But I hope they can keep Lowell.

The Dad Fisherman
10-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Menkeiwich is available and probably for a song. You could sign him for his glove and use him the way they used him in 2004. Then you could also try to sign a bopper for his bat, like a Hillenbrand or a Tony Clark, and still have $10 million in your pocket over what A-Rod would cost. Or you'd get those two for what re-signing Lowell would cost.l.

Clark Sucked when he Played for us
Hillenbrand Whined when he played for us
And Menkeiwich took his ball and went home......

I think we should sign Lowell just so the Yank-mees don't get a quality replacement for A-Rod......

Mike P
10-29-2007, 03:45 PM
He was making plenty of $ in Texas and whined his way out of there, Maybe its me but I don't understand how you can complain when you signed a contract for a quarter of a billion dollars.

If the don't get Lowell they should look at Carlos Pena @ 1st and move Youk to third. But I hope they can keep Lowell.

He whined his way out of Texas because he wanted a shot at a ring. He wasn't going to even come close in Texas :hs:

His post season numbers do suck. But----it wasn't his fault that Rivera blew two saves that would have closed the Sox out in 2004. It wasn't his fault that Steinbrenner threw big bucks at over the hill starters like Johnson and Clemens, and that Mussina turned into the second coming of Steve Blass in the post-season, or that they let Pettite have a slew of good years in Houston before bringing him back with his best years behind him. A-Rod didn't offer big bucks to pitchers like Jaret Wright or Carl Pavano. It's not his fault that the front office went ga-ga over steroid freak losers like Giambi and Sheffield and let proven winners like Tino Martinez and O'Neil opt out. The Yankees went from having the best clubhouse in the game in the late 90s to being a team of self-centered losers after 2001. The old joke was that the Sox reserved 25 tables for one, or hailed 25 separate cabs, after a game. That now is true of the Yankees.

You watch. Next year they'll be closer to 4th place than first. Torre kept that menagerie together. Now, all hell is going to break loose :devil:

Mike P
10-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Clark Sucked when he Played for us
Hillenbrand Whined when he played for us
And Menkeiwich took his ball and went home......

I think we should sign Lowell just so the Yank-mees don't get a quality replacement for A-Rod......

I think you should sign Lowell too. But the newest WS MVP also has a say in that, and it's his thoughts that count. I'm hearing he's pretty adamant on a 4 year deal and that the Sox might not be willing to commit for that long on a 33 year old guy coming off his career year. Remember, it was only two years ago that Lowell hit .236 with 8 HR and had something like 50 rbi while playing 150 games.

One thing to give you guys hope--I know his agent, Seth Levinson, from the days I practiced law in Brooklyn. Seth's a Mets fan ;) :laugha:

Unfortunately, find another good free agent third baseman--you'd have to look long and hard. If Lowell leaves--what's the solution? It's either a) get involved in the A-Rod courtship, b) trade for one (and that means giving up some young talent) or c) sign or trade for a first baseman. Choice c) might be your best option.

thortum
10-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Baseball is a TEAM sport. Arod would mix like oil & water. Manny is about all we can handle for glory hounds. I like people that play because they love the sport. People like :cheers: Pedroia :cheers:.

Squibby17
10-30-2007, 10:34 AM
He whined his way out of Texas because he wanted a shot at a ring. He wasn't going to even come close in Texas :hs:

That's my point. He choose to leave Seattle which at the time was a very Competitive team. By signing a deal like that, it completely handcuff's a small market team like Texas. They were never going to be good with a contract like that on the payroll, If A-rod wanted his ring he never should have signed there in the first place.

This same thing happened with Vince Carter in Toronto. Sign's big deal team won't be good, and can't afford anyone else. Then he whines until he gets traded for .50 cents on the dollar

I blame the player, not the agent. You want your big contract and get it, than you suck it up. No one forced you to go to a bad team that was willing to over spend on you.

I honestly might denounce they sox if the sign A-rod. He's a classless, Greedy player that represents all that I don't like in the baseball

Swimmer
10-30-2007, 10:36 AM
No. emphatically no. Dice-k has more rbi's in extra season play that A-rod. No.

Saltheart
10-30-2007, 02:29 PM
There was a time when I would have said yes , sign A rod. However , now that we know for sure he can't hit when it counts , who wants him.

he belongs on a team where maybe his stats can get them out of the cellar. no sense in him being on a championship contender since that means playoff games and he's a no show at the plate in the big games.

Backbeach Jake
10-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Boston teams and Fans have a way of transforming troubled players. I never dreamt that I'd see a smiling, happy Randy Moss in a Patriot uniform. If A-Rod signed, he'd achieve god-like status OR be run out town on a rail.

Raider Ronnie
10-30-2007, 08:03 PM
A Rod
Mr. april - aug
Mrs. Sept - Oct
:p

Flaptail
10-31-2007, 07:43 AM
A-rod is gay.:topic:

vineyardblues
10-31-2007, 09:58 AM
A-rod is gay.:topic:

What Flap said :kewl:

I would like to see the Sox pay Mike and lower the price on beer !!
Hell they would save like 23,000.000.00
And make it fair for everyone to get TICKETS...........

VB

Slipknot
10-31-2007, 11:40 AM
I think San Francisco Giants would be a good fit for A-Rod
they no longer have Barry Bonds salary to pay and he would fit right in there in that town

I Don't want to see that fraud here.

The Sox need to sign Lowell

ProfessorM
10-31-2007, 03:12 PM
I hope he goes to the Mets. That way the fans can be reminded of him every day

Mike P
10-31-2007, 04:29 PM
I hope he goes to the Mets. That way the fans can be reminded of him every day

That would make David Wright expendable, if the Sox lost Lowell. They could probably work a trade for Wright.

Backbeach Jake
10-31-2007, 04:56 PM
What Flap said :kewl:

I would like to see the Sox pay Mike and lower the price on beer !!
Hell they would save like 23,000.000.00
And make it fair for everyone to get TICKETS...........

VB

They'd make another 23 mil in volumn beer sales!