View Full Version : Van Halen

Slingah
11-07-2007, 01:15 AM
=V H=
My wife and I went to Worcester to see the reunion of David Lee Roth and Van Halen. The show was sold out and tix were $150. for good seats. I wouldnt normally spend that to see anyone, but it was a special gift to her and she really wanted to go.
The show started off a bit fast and timing was off for the first couple of songs, it was like the VH clan had a coffee party before the show and didnt invite Dave. It got better and they fell into a groove, but the sound was bad...almost all nite...too loud and distorted.
Roth tried to hold his own, he left out alot of the old screams and couldnt hit alot of the high stuff...but besides the bad sound it was okay. He did kind of look a tad bit foolish doing the karate kicks though.
Eddies 16 y.o. son Wolfgang played bass and sang back up.....he was perfect...I think I saw him laughing at Dave..
Alex Van Halen played great and kept good time....and did a patented solo..
Eddie....is Van Halen......almost everything was dead on, he sounded excellent and had tons of energy, smiling the whole show, he make it look easy.
They played alot of songs, one right after the other, with one encore.
All and all it was okay, I probaly would have liked it better if it sounded better.
Anybody else go???????

hemi1
11-07-2007, 07:49 PM
im going tommorow night to the L.I. show
and i would have to disagree about eddie
dave is van halen roth halen to be exact
sammy sucks
but van haggar would be the only way eddie would be VH

BigFish
11-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I like Van Hagar better than Van Roth!