View Full Version : hEY RI guys

Flaptail
11-09-2007, 01:04 PM
What is the story with the two boats up on the rocks at Napatree? Man you guys sure got a lot of big pogies still.

JFigliuolo
11-09-2007, 01:12 PM
What is the story with the two boats up on the rocks at Napatree? Man you guys sure got a lot of big pogies still.

Been there all year... figured it was some cape guys.

piemma
11-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Don't know. i was wandering around down there last week one night about 2:00 AM in the fog and almost walked right into the bigger of the 2 boats.

Squibby17
11-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I saw those recently too, one had a registration from 06 so it couldn't have been there too long.

It was bit spooky being out there alone in a graveyard of boats.

Brother Brian
11-09-2007, 03:15 PM
One boat (I don't know which) went in too close and had some problem. The other boat came in to help and they both ended up where (or near) they are now :hs:. Last time I looked it looked like somebody had chainsawed one of the outboards off.

The Iceman 6
11-09-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm sure there will be bass by them boats...

ThrowingTimber
11-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Did you guys stop at skippers dock on your way to the island??

numbskull
11-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Don't know. i was wandering around down there last week one night about 2:00 AM in the fog and almost walked right into the bigger of the 2 boats.

On the opposite note, years ago I used to run a 20ft Seacraft from Falmouth to Tuckernuck to beach fish in the fall (pre seals). One very dark night my loran malfunctioned and going slow with my lights off I ran up on a sandbar by Eel Point about 10 feet from a flyfisherman. Talk about dirty looks!

animal
11-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Some drunk got too close to the rocks.The second boat wasn't trying to help,as it was some days before the second was grounded.I haven't seen them from land,but I've been told they've both been stripped bare.

Flaptail
11-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Some drunk got too close to the rocks.The second boat wasn't trying to help,as it was some days before the second was grounded.I haven't seen them from land,but I've been told they've both been stripped bare.

Yeah, looks like someone took a chain saw to one and cut out the motor. One is a Grady-White and the other is a Bayliner.

you got a lot of fish down that way, especially early afternoon.:smokin:

WoodyCT
11-10-2007, 07:40 AM
xx

jimmy z
11-10-2007, 07:53 AM
If ya wanna make the walk out there:spin:

whiplash
11-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Do you really think RI is the only state that has out of staters fish it. Saying Napatree is like saying the canal its a big area. Get over it!

WoodyCT
11-10-2007, 10:35 AM
xx

whiplash
11-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Before you were born! More like a 2 mile + area from the parking lot. Front side not always the best side, how badly do you want me to describe the rip that sets up on the outgoing tide along the edge of the flats? Poser

WoodyCT
11-10-2007, 11:37 AM
xx

piemma
11-10-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm not taking sides but if you have ever fished the Naps, you would know that there are only a few selected areas that produce large out there. I know someone who was out there this week, from this board, who takes large all the time. He got skunked because he couldn't get to where he needed to be due to the surge. He was with another board member who was in a wet suit and that member got a ton of large. There wasn't 50 feet between these 2 experienced surfishermen.

To say that there are fish at the Naps doesn't consititute a "spot burn", in my opinion. You really need to know the second step in fishing that place to get into good fish. Anyone, even a rookie can find schoolies out there. It took me 20 years to really figure out the Naps, so go and have fun. if you work hard enough and put your time in, you will figure it out.
BTW, it is officially 1.5 miles one way to the end from the top of the big dune.

animal
11-10-2007, 12:17 PM
While normally,I would agree with you,the place is huge,is not easily accessible(read,long-ass walk),and this time of year,temps being what they are,report chasers are looking to find(and likely to do so)easier pickings.I know I'm not walking out there this year.
Back on topic,we do all our boat fishing in the area,and in July/August it starts.The fog gets sooooooo thick,that even with the best gps systems,you've just gotta crawl,or you'll be in big trouble.That area is rocky and treacherous,factor in the screaming currents,and it's easy to get in deep trouble quickly out there.I would imagine,the second boat went in close to look at the first.Sucks to be them.

Slipknot
11-10-2007, 12:31 PM
A nationally known writer violates THE cardinal rule of every shore fishing message board by naming a specific location and all you can do is say 'get over it' and sling info to prove your superior knowledge of the burned spot. Wow. This board is in trouble. Some guys just don't understand the fact that we all need to respect the self imposed rules and govern ourselves if we want our resources to remain in good condition for the future. Thankfully parking is scarce and it is a long walk out to Naps. Maybe it stands a chance of staying pristine.

must have struck a nerve because it seems you are over-reacting a bit.
Napatree has been mentioned 74 times in the past 4 years on this site, if this board is all of a sudden in trouble , then we got bigger problems. You are calling more attention to it.

Slingah
11-10-2007, 12:40 PM
You are calling more attention to it.

right on Slip ( no offense Woody)
but when a spot is mentioned and people react to protect it...they are validating that it is a spot that has had results...
report the post...and let it die...and if someone has an issue with someone it should be done with a pm...
just my opinion....

BigFish
11-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah, looks like someone took a chain saw to one and cut out the motor. One is a Grady-White and the other is a Bayliner.

you got a lot of fish down that way, especially early afternoon.:smokin:

Flaptail.....shame on you! Giving away "that spot down there"......the one that has "alot of fish"! I had no idea that fish were still in Rhody...what a revelation!:doh:

Flaptail
11-10-2007, 03:28 PM
xx

MartinD18
11-10-2007, 04:54 PM
This is pathetic. First the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& thing last week, now this. Sure is starting early this year. Can't wait for winter. UFC - S-B Style, baby!!!

Skitterpop
11-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Anybody get their Christmas tree yet?

Mike P
11-10-2007, 05:25 PM
This is pathetic. First the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& thing last week, now this. Sure is starting early this year. Can't wait for winter. UFC - S-B Style, baby!!!

You're only half right--it's ending early this year---like right now.