View Full Version : Wendy's

Backbeach Jake
11-10-2007, 07:36 AM
Every Friday, Jenn and I pick up dinner at Wendy's in Orleans after our commute home to Truro. They have a 60-70% chance of screwing it up. Forget a burger or a chili or a drink. Last night , I made my order drove to the window handed the girl my d-card. Took her 15 minutes to make it work (fast food, hah!). And started handing receipts and food faster than I could catch them. Told her that if I were to find my self wearing my dinner, I'd be right inside, through the window. She slowed down. We pulled up, Jenn did inventory, and said we had an extra chicken sandwich. Cool, we're starting a rally on the score, they're still way ahead tho. We get home and the chicken wrapped sandwich turned oout to be a double cheese burger in the wrong wrapper. Not complaining but why waste a perfectly good fake out?:huh:

Karl F
11-10-2007, 07:48 AM
they ever give you a problem there again, tell them the grumpy old guy in the green ford truck who makes them repeat the order back, while he checks it at the window, and will stop the line, leave his truck at the window, and go inside, will be right over to straighten their nonengrish spleaking selves out :uhuh:

I've taken to just the 99 cent menu... lot less foul ups, but.. I still make them read it back, not just at the order window, but the pick up window, and if theres food for more than me, I tell them I will take ONE bag at a time, Hate that express shotgun fire they try to pull with the bags and drinks....:realmad:

Raven
11-10-2007, 08:00 AM
on a rescue mission...
wifes alternator died on the way to work

feeling a bit famished i decided i'd
better grab a quick "buck burger"
just to ease my hunger pains til i got home

the girl couldn't even count the money and had
to ask the white kid how to do it. :jester:

Mike P
11-10-2007, 09:52 AM
I'd go to a bank and exchange some Yankee greenbacks for Brazilian cruzeiros. I'll bet the girl at the window wouldn't bat an eyelash :laugha:

And if she called over the manager, I'd tell him that if he can't hire workers that speak American, I'm not paying American :realmad:

BigFish
11-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Wendy's is one of the places I never will eat...even if starving! Been there maybe 3 times and each time it was disgusting from the cleanliness of the place to the service to the food!:yak:

For the record...Orleans was the last one I have been to......Whitman, Abington and Quincy! Over about a 20 year span!

Finlander
11-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Here in western Ma. the guy who owned all 15 went bankrupt and they all closed over night, back during the summer. Corporate was reopened a couple the rest being auction off.

justplugit
11-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Fred, go to Cookes, betta burgers, and K. won't need to have that green F 150 towed. :doh:

You know he'd do it. :hihi:

Karl F
11-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Fred, go to Cookes, betta burgers, and K. won't need to have that green F 150 towed. :doh:

You know he'd do it. :hihi:

Best Burger in town....hmmm.... Land-Ho, no doubt, but it costs too damn much.. Yardarm ain't bad, but still too much dough.. Hearth and Kettle, I'll give them a good thumbs up.. but Fred.. you and Jenn really want the best burger in Orleans, give me a ring, I'll get the grill going :D

jpi.. i know all the tow truck guys in town.. they'd nevah hook me up unless i needed it.. :hihi: ;)

I still grab the 99 cent cheesburger jr. when i'm in a hurry tho :o

justplugit
11-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Best Burger in town....hmmm....

OK, next time up, Land Ho, Fred can come too. :hihi:

Karl F
11-10-2007, 06:16 PM
OK, next time up, Land Ho. :hihi:

Save ya money...I'll fire up the grill for you and Carol too :uhuh: :btu:

Squid kids Dad
11-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Yardarm always good...:drool:

BigBo
11-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Their marketing skills for kids menus make me nuts. All the fast food chains!!!!!!!!!!!:wall: They get the kids craving for the newest kids meal cheesy toys that just plain suck anyways.
Here's one for you to try; My grandson likes to order the kids meals for the cheesy toys, but he also likes to order a grilled cheese sandwich on the side. Good luck trying to order that. How hard can it be to take a bun, slap a couple slices 'o cheese on it and nuke it for 20 seconds? (that's how they make it instead of grilling it). They look at ya like ya got two heads, so you have to tell them how to make it, then when it comes, it's got pickles, ketchup, and mustard on that cheese and bread sandwich. I had to have them remake it five times one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smash::wall:

BrianS
11-11-2007, 12:03 PM
the one thing that irks me about wendys is they send home their easter european help just after labor day..

then its just the ugly americans working..

blah.

Swimmer
11-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Went to Wendy's once years ago for a theft complaint. When I was inside I looked at this flat grill in the middle of the place where the burgers were cooking. I said to the manager that those burgers don't look like the ones you see in the ads and he become thoroughly insulted. He started to explain some eight step process for how the burger are cooked. I looked at the guy and said all your doing is flipping them over and over from one end of the grill to the other end squeezing all the juice out of them. He didn't appreciate my brevity one bit. I have never eaten there, never will. Haven't eaten Mac's or BK in six or seven years.

Land Ho in Orleans used to serve you in the sixties if the bottom of your chin came up over the bar.

Backbeach Jake
11-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Save ya money...I'll fire up the grill for you and Carol too :uhuh: :btu:

Sounds like a grand meeting of the minds. Maybe early next Season, tho I hope to see the both of you long before.

saltfly
11-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Went to Wendy's once years ago for a theft complaint. When I was inside I looked at this flat grill in the middle of the place where the burgers were cooking. I said to the manager that those burgers don't look like the ones you see in the ads and he become thoroughly insulted. He started to explain some eight step process for how the burger are cooked. I looked at the guy and said all your doing is flipping them over and over from one end of the grill to the other end squeezing all the juice out of them. He didn't appreciate my brevity one bit. I have never eaten there, never will. Haven't eaten Mac's or BK in six or seven years.

Land Ho in Orleans used to serve you in the sixties if the bottom of your chin came up over the bar.:buds:& that's if your 6' tall

Raven
11-11-2007, 03:21 PM
is that compared to McDonalds and Burger king they did away
with the trans fat in the food sometime ago

it is still the lowest quality food you could eat
otherwise there'd be no profit margin in selling it.

Jenn
11-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Here in western Ma. the guy who owned all 15 went bankrupt and they all closed over night, back during the summer. Corporate was reopened a couple the rest being auction off.

Finlander....cant say I myself am too torn up about it but I know quite a few people that are anxiously awaiting reopenings here!!!!!!