View Full Version : ASA tournament team members wanted

Headhunter
11-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Any one interested in fishing the 2008 season in division one and possibly division 2 tournaments can contact me. Exsperienced anglers only please. My team name is I'M-ON, and the tournament site is fishasa.com Bob C.

JohnR
11-14-2007, 11:49 PM
I've always waffled on doing this :wall:

If any of you are thinking about this, I believe Captain Headhunter had 2 50s this year :hee:

animal
11-14-2007, 11:59 PM
I would be into it,possibly.Unfortunately,I'm not in the position financially to take the kinda time off from work nessescary.The serious guys competing are prefishing the areas for a week.

On a side note,this year,the ASA ran three tourneys in a row,over 4 weeks in the Watch hill-Fischers Island area.For over a month,there were a dozen 31 ft Fountain Mercuries with two guys apiece throwing cast nets over bunker in the Pawcatuck.They really did a number on the bait.
Sorry for the Hi-jack,Headhunter.Good luck finding crew.

Headhunter
11-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Not so much looking for a crew,my whole family fishes with me. I wouldnt mind finding some guys or gals that are in to it and have somthing to offer in the way of knowledge and expertiese. I just started and in our 2cd tourny we were out of the money by bou 6 pounds.By the way I was one f the guys netting,lol. We are pretty much insanly intense about what we do and luv it. My boys r 10 anrd 9 and my daughter is 7 I wont bother giving u their numbers but they are effective team members in many ways and learning how to tie the way it must be done not to be a factor in dropping a fish! my eldest has an uncanny apptitude for spotting bunker. Thanks for the mention john.

Headhunter
11-16-2007, 05:46 PM
It is pretty nice to be contenders , with the fact that most of the competitors have a crew of 5 or 6 grown men and bigger faster boats.

Headhunter
11-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Ssorry for going on and on but I failed to mention my wife, she can tie, fish, drive, and is an all around team member. Both my boys will drive the boat when we are bait fishing but my 9 yr old is very good at getting on the schools and my 10 yr old can spot them a mile away. My wife and daughter cant always fish with us and I would like to run a 5 member crew, 6 would be ultimate.

animal
11-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Are you the guy with the Albemarle,who had the kids driving while you netted?

Headhunter
11-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Um Should I say yes? He is just learning and it dosent help he cant see over the console,lol.

animal
11-17-2007, 12:54 AM
We're in "Piracy"the red/yellow 25 fter at river co.I believe you talked with my buddy Vinny.The kid seems like a pretty good Capt,just be careful in there,the river gets pretty bony in places.

Headhunter
11-17-2007, 06:50 AM
I know the boat and I believe we spoke one day, you were with Bobby behind a place on main street, it was rite before the Old saybrook tournament. Jonathan knows how to read the gps and the sounder, he is quite good in the river,he can turn the boat in tight spots using throtle and or reverse.

animal
11-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Place on Main st?You mean the garage?Come spring,me and Vinny would be happy to help out.Like I said,however,I can't take a lot of time out of work for pre-fishing.Also,I'm unaware of the tourney regs.The kind of fishing we do is kind of specialized.:devil2: