View Full Version : Bass Pro Opening!!

BigFish
11-13-2007, 09:42 PM
So who is planning on going??? I have never been to one but it looks like the kind of place you could kill a couple hours with no trouble! Hope they were smart enough to add a huge saltwater section???

ShipWrecked
11-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I am heading there after work. I never been!

keeperreaper
11-13-2007, 10:06 PM
From one of the managers who will be working there; the saltwater section will be "mind blowing". I cant wait. Good prices close by amazing selection. I will buy my stuff there that I normally buy in catalogs. BUT I will still support the little guy with most of my everyday regular purchases.

Skip N
11-13-2007, 10:06 PM
If its anything like the one i went to in Auburn, NY its gonna kick ass!! Looking forward to going.

Raider Ronnie
11-13-2007, 10:07 PM
I drove in there last weekend.
Though I couldn't go inside, the place is amazing!
They took down the construction tents in the parking lot and have cleared all the construction stuff from the lot, so I'm guessing they are opening any day now ???

hyefisherman2
11-13-2007, 10:12 PM
tommorow is the opening day. and i heard some of the patriots players will be signing autographs. :boots:

Raider Ronnie
11-13-2007, 10:25 PM
tommorow is the opening day. and i heard some of the patriots players will be signing autographs. :boots:

:think:
Guess I'll tell my wife not to rush having dinner ready when I get home from work,
Think I'll be a bit late getting home !!!

BigFish
11-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Gonna get yourself some Patriot autographs Ron??:jump:

Raider Ronnie
11-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Gonna get yourself some Patriot autographs Ron??:jump:

Ya right !!!
That will be the day !!!

NIB
11-13-2007, 11:35 PM
GAY...

Slingah
11-14-2007, 06:41 AM
....and who said guys don't like shopping. :rotflmao:

riverrat2
11-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Just another wal-mart

The Dad Fisherman
11-14-2007, 08:31 AM
....and who said guys don't like shopping. :rotflmao:

Guys LOVE to shop....we just don't like to shop for Clothes, Furniture, and Food (here is where I add the Spence Disclaimer :hee:)

I could spend Hours poking around Kittery Trading Post, #^&#^&#^&#^&s Sporting Goods or Kappy's Liquors :hihi:

RIJIMMY
11-14-2007, 08:57 AM
the grand opening is tonight at 6:30. I was bummed they werent giving more things away at the grand opening. I will take the kids there tomorrow night to walk around. There is a freswater aquarioum, waterfall and a turtle pond. Should be cool to check out .

LL Bean opens in Mansfield this weekend too.

JohnR
11-14-2007, 09:03 AM
I will pick up a few things from there that I may ordinarily get online or catalogs but 90% of my biz will remain with the local shops as always...

Saltheart
11-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Its hard to match the service we get from Mike T at M+D's.

Except for hard to find stuff , I doubt I'll buy tackle there. I do like to buy boots and jackets etc form places like Bass Pro and LLBean. They can carry a big selection and all the sizes that a smaller place just has no room for.

LLBeane in Mansfield opens friday I think.

Nice to have these stores nearby now.

Dad 818
11-14-2007, 09:44 AM

I heard Matt Light, Mike Vrabel and Rodney Harrison. Plus some past players. Only remember Steve Nelson. I'm sure there's others.

Clogston29
11-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Its hard to match the service we get from Mike T at M+D's.

Except for hard to find stuff , I doubt I'll buy tackle there. I do like to buy boots and jackets etc form places like Bass Pro and LLBean. They can carry a big selection and all the sizes that a smaller place just has no room for.

LLBeane in Mansfield opens friday I think.

Nice to have these stores nearby now.

if the llbeane in mansfield is anything like the one in burlington, your better off just ordering from the catalogue. unless you can go at 9 am on a weekday, you can't even get a parking spot. even if you do, your in line for 45 minutes to checkout.

Flaptail
11-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Cabelas = Clothing for being outdoors

Bass Pro = some hard to find items like 4 lb braid and freshwater stuff

LLBean = Fleece world

M&D'S & Red Top = I could not live without. If your a Striper fisherman you will still need these guys 90% of the time.

Bass Pro is an experience though, thier fresh popped popcorn is great and the store is a visual playland.

My way of looking at it is I will no longer mind taking the wife to Wrentham to shop cause now I have somewhere to escape to for a couple hours to play with stuff I like while she shops. It will beat the snot out of hanging off of a clothes rack, waiting while she trys on fifteen outfits, then comes out without buying anything.

Rockport24
11-14-2007, 09:55 AM
has anybody been to the cabela's in harford? I've heard their stores are pretty damn cool too....
I'll still check out Bass Pro though, probably further into the winter when the hype has died down

luds
11-14-2007, 10:03 AM
My way of looking at it is I will no longer mind taking the wife to Wrentham to shop cause now I have somewhere to escape to for a couple hours to play with stuff I like while she shops. It will beat the snot out of hanging off of a clothes rack, waiting while she trys on fifteen outfits, then comes out without buying anything.

I envy you. I need to stand there and repond too......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute.......does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute........does this look cute?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????/:fishslap:

The Dad Fisherman
11-14-2007, 10:04 AM
I look at basspro as strictly a freshwater place for me. The local B&T's just don't carry anything major for freshwater.

Now M&D's and Surfland are where I would probably get 90% of my Saltwater gear....your just not going to find custom wood at a basspro.......

Saltheart
11-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Well????? Does it look cute?? :)

RIJIMMY
11-14-2007, 10:24 AM
:af:Well????? Does it look cute?? :)

Just this Sunday, 2 doors down from the new LL Bean at Ann Talylor.....my wife and I split up and I take the kids outside to walk around and peep into the LL BEan. I meet up with her 1 hr later. "Well. how'd it go, find what you wanted?" Her response, "Yeah, but I need you to look at them before I buy them" Huh????? the only reason I split up i sso you can get your stuff done!

fishermanjim
11-14-2007, 12:08 PM
it opens this sunday?

RIJIMMY
11-14-2007, 12:14 PM
bass pro opens tonight
LL bEan this friday

luds
11-14-2007, 12:25 PM

no.......fabulous. :bsod: I get a look if I just say cute.:humpty:

fishbones
11-14-2007, 12:34 PM
no.......fabulous. :bsod: I get a look if I just say cute.:humpty:

There is no acceptable time for any grown man to say anything is "cute". Unless it's with your friends making fun of another guy who said it. Even then, you have to use a very sarcastic feminine sounding voice to be sure as to not be ridiculed yourself.:rotfl:

cow tamer
11-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Here's the link for the BP opening.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=437&template=foxborough.cfm

Backbeach Jake
11-14-2007, 12:54 PM

No hon but it makes yer arse look big...:rotflmao:

HookLine&Sinker
11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm going hopefully before my b-ball practice witch is 8-9:30 so I'll probably make it

ya pats are signing autographs

Rockport24
11-14-2007, 04:41 PM
I hear ya Luds, that sucks! just standing around those freakin' stores makes me want to kill myself. If it wasn't for all the other babes around to look at when she's in the dressing room, I probably would!!
:humpty:

The Dad Fisherman
11-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Thats one of the things I love about my wife.....she never asks me to go shopping with her. She goes, sometimes even takes the kids, and I stay home. Sometimes she even lets me know in advance in case i want to go fishing.:kewl:

InTheHole
11-14-2007, 05:12 PM
The key is to make it as miserable an experience as possible, then they stop insisting you go. Shopping is a sport to them with its own set of rules and regulations - break a few and you are out of the game.

HookLine&Sinker
11-14-2007, 05:16 PM
i got b-ball and cant go:realmad:

Jenn
11-14-2007, 06:28 PM
went to the Bass Pro in NY a few years ago....I think I spent like $10.00!!! It was more a "destination" to see than shopping really.

Went to Cabella's Monday...spent 4 hours (didnt see get to see everything either) and had to leave because it got so packed in there. Definatelty go if you never have been....a lot more to see than just the stuff on the shelves. Cant say it will change how much I spend at local shops. Generally what we bought from the catalog (clothing, unique home decor,the hard to find, etc...) is what we bought when we went to the store. Definately a larger selection of hunting/fishing/ camping stuff than the little guy can afford to keep in stock. But you definately wont find the saltwater selection that the local shops have.

luds
11-14-2007, 06:37 PM

That's never meen a problem with me. :hihi:

-assman

MAC
11-14-2007, 06:42 PM

Best not said standing within arms reach:tm:

fishbones
11-14-2007, 10:38 PM
I was on route 1 tonight and stopped in with my son around 6:45. It was so crowded, that I had to park out in front of the stadium and walk all the way over to the store carrying my 2 1/2 y.o. child. It was so crowded that you couldn't really look around without people pushing past you or bumping into you. I think the crowd was mostly there to get autographs from the Patriots players. They had a lot of cool stuff for kids to see like stuffed mooses and bears and the big fish tank. It looked like they had a decent selection of saltwater lures, but I didn't look too much because I just wanted to get out of there. I'll go back, but probably not until the end of February when things slow down. In the meantime there are some local b&t's that can look forward to my business. Saving a couple of bucks isn't worth the trouble of the crowds.

jkswimmer
11-15-2007, 01:44 AM
Anyone know the store hours?

Sgt_Nutz
11-15-2007, 07:55 AM
My wife and I went. Yes, had to park by the stadium and walk over. Long lines getting in but seemed to be for the autographs.(never did get to see the cheerleaders) Southern rock/blues band when you get in! Any one know the name of the band? Wall to wall people inside but they thinned out when the celebrity autograph lines formed. The place is huge! Cabin cruiser sitting over the reel booth. Humback whale hanging from the ceiling. Trophy fish and game all over. Didnt see any stripers in the aquarium. :huh: The reel section looked like it had just been thrown together. No prices and unorganized. Can't beat the local shops for the service and specialty items though.

chris L
11-15-2007, 08:30 AM
has anybody been to the cabela's in harford? I've heard their stores are pretty damn cool too....
I'll still check out Bass Pro though, probably further into the winter when the hype has died down

yeah I have . nothing special except they sell frozen bait and eels . I live closer to the salt so no good to me unless in fishing the ct river . thought it was a good idea though . When SA came to town years ago and put some local shops out of business I went in and asked for frozen bait and they said they didnt have any and I said EXACTLY . I never go there . A cool mountain display and a saltwater tank and freshwater tank . I wasnt impressed I have caught bigger fish than they had in either tank . lol
I thought it was worth the 1.5 hours I was there with my daughter .

Dad 818
11-15-2007, 10:26 AM
I went there with the Mrs. and my 10 year-old daughter and my 5 year-old son (will be 6 in 2 days, but already thinks he's 15). We waited outside for about 45 minutes. Jimmy Houston was the MC and yes he laughs like that in real life, not just on TV. Roland Martin was there. Johnny Morris also. Some former Pats players, current players Vrabel, Harrison , Light and Tom Brady. Brady was a surprise, but Houston said he wasn't signing because he had to do some homework for Sunday's game.

Once inside, my kids were amazed by all of the taxidermist work that was on display. At least 1/2 of the crowd was there for autographs only. The store itself is 2 levels. There are 2 stairways and 2 elevators inside. There is a fishtank on the 1st floor that has LMB, SMB, Carp, catfish, Salmon, trout, crappie, yellow perch, and pike in it. No stripers though.

Right next to that is a small trout pool with a moose in the middle of it.

There is a waterfall in there as well.

Saltwater lures/tackle had at least 4 aisles. It was so damn crowded that I finally had enough. Actually had a shouting match with this a$$hole who cut in front of me as I was trying to take a pic of my kids in front of the trout pool. :nailem: He was using his camera phone to take a picture of the moose. After asking politely 2 times to please move and receiving a profane answer each time, as he lined up for his pic, I'd bump into him. After 3 tries he stomped off swearing at me.

I will go back in a few weeks to take in the entire store with my kids.

HookLine&Sinker
11-15-2007, 02:51 PM
so wait, anyone get any pic's, i'm dieing to see this... going this weekend, if not tonight

HookLine&Sinker
11-15-2007, 05:53 PM
i was jsut there, AMAZING!

someone pulled the fire alarm:smash: ty warren was fishing and shoting a comercial...

NIB
11-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Gay.......

saltfly
11-15-2007, 07:24 PM
just wondering??? will they tax you if you buy from the catalog and live in MA.??

adson
11-15-2007, 09:36 PM
saltfly...now that they have a store in Mass they have no choice.

same thing happened to Bean when they opened the Burlington store.

RIJIMMY
11-16-2007, 08:45 AM
we went last night, it was very cool, a great visual experiecnce and the kids loved it. I didnt buy anything, but they had a good line of marine supplies so I will eb shopping there for boating stuff

Back Beach
11-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Went yesterday around noon and it was not too crowded. Didn't make any purchases as I'm pretty well equipped for next year already. Great visuals though, and I will be taking my son over to see the stuffed animals and fish tank in the near future. It’s a cool place and good destination, but the locals will get the bulk of my $$ as always.

Pete_G
11-16-2007, 09:32 AM
just wondering??? will they tax you if you buy from the catalog and live in MA.??

Generally no, believe it or not.

They usually work out a deal with the state to avoid that.

Their tactics in regards to dodging state sales tax generally raises an eyebrow in every state they come to.

If we were to open a 2nd SWE in MA or CT we'd have to charge tax to customers in those states on Internet and phone sales even if it shipping from here in RI. Currently, Cabela's opens up a store and they don't.

Other stunts include parts of some stores being designated "museums" since the public helped fund them, to further dodge taxes.

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/viewpoints/editorials/060903cabelas.shtml

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2007-05-09-cabelas-kansas_N.htm

basshunter
11-16-2007, 04:06 PM
so wait, anyone get any pic's, i'm dieing to see this... going this weekend, if not tonight

I posted a couple dozen pictures on the MSBA website (http://www.msba.net) today.

The place is pretty awesome inside! Definitely wear comfortable shoes because you'll do some walking! We went opening night and had to park by Gillette and walk. The place was packed, like most others have said, it seems like many people were there for autographs.

All the current Patriots players were gone within the first hour or so, but Steve Nelson, Pete Brock, Ron Lippett and a couple other past players hung out for quite a while. They actually closed down the autograph line with a big line still waiting. Pete and Steve walked around still signing though.

Jimmy Houston, Roland Martin, Tim Horton, Stacey King and Edwin Evers were signing autographs in the fishing section as well.

All of the taxidermy work inside is very impressive as is the entire layout. Well worth the trip....

RIJIMMY
11-16-2007, 04:12 PM
question - are the fish taxidermy work or are they molds? I couldnt tell.

HookLine&Sinker
11-17-2007, 07:36 AM
question - are the fish taxidermy work or are they molds? I couldnt tell.

hopefully molds, or at least some, becuase they have a whale, and if that fell, it would not look good.

i use to many c,o,m,m,a,s:D

Ake G
11-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Guys LOVE to shop....we just don't like to shop for Clothes, Furniture, and Food (here is where I add the Spence Disclaimer :hee:)

I could spend Hours poking around Kittery Trading Post, #^&#^&#^&#^&s Sporting Goods or Kappy's Liquors :hihi:

How GREAT! is the beer section @ Kappys!!!

GonnaCatchABig1
11-17-2007, 09:18 PM
all i can say is... WOW!

i have never seen so many grown men look like little kids on their first trip to toy-r-us!

big ole grins from ear to ear. and that child like wonder look in their eyes. seeing father and sons be equally as excited at all the sites was great!

my friend and i walked around for 3 hours. i honestly dont remember what was even in there. so overwhelming! :conf:

i cant wait for the crowds to thin out a bit.
it's not gonna replace the local places as far as day to day fishing for me. but i'll be damned if it isn't a great place to spend saturday ""browsing"" around. it's not really browsing so much as tinkering with anything and everything in reach.

it was great though. if ever i felt at home in a big corporate store it was there. between the sounds of running water and bird calls, and the sight of fishing and hunting gear and trophies all over. just amazing. definitely get out there and check it out when you can.

p.s.- any body know what they are doing out back? they appear to have something planned. they were building a brook today.. and have game replicas further out in the marsh area.

Bigcat
11-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Curiosity got the best of me I took a ride up.
What I found was some nice prices on clothing, very little saltwater tackle, the fly shop was very week.
I am sure it will improve once they get a handle on the local needs?
I will continue to spend my money with the local shops.

FishHawk
11-18-2007, 09:19 AM
The flyfishing Dept was very weak. I'm sure they'll improve it but I'm going to support my local flyshops. I like the personal service that I get from the local shop. In addition the local shop has local knowledge. FishHawk

likwid
11-18-2007, 06:38 PM
The flyfishing Dept was very weak. I'm sure they'll improve it but I'm going to support my local flyshops. I like the personal service that I get from the local shop. In addition the local shop has local knowledge. FishHawk

More expensive than Bear's Den.

That said they actually carry Yozuri Hybrid line.
They have Calcuttas IN STOCK.

Eff those who stopped carrying Hybrid. :nailem:

HookLine&Sinker
11-18-2007, 09:37 PM
are they seriously putting in the blue fin restaurant?

The Dad Fisherman
11-19-2007, 08:19 AM
How GREAT! is the beer section @ Kappys!!!

Only place you can find Arrogant Bastard Ale around here.

Rockfish9
11-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Curiosity got the best of me I took a ride up.
What I found was some nice prices on clothing, very little saltwater tackle, the fly shop was very week.
I am sure it will improve once they get a handle on the local needs?
I will continue to spend my money with the local shops.

Exactly what I thought.... Still better than Wal-mart...
wife did buy me a Christmas present...a mustang self inflating life vest..she KNOWS I wont wear my Mustang float coat all the time, too bulky and hot in mid summer... Me, the last of the big spenders, I bought two yellow bucktails (only because I was totaly out) and a package of 60lb duo lock snaps...

Of coarse I got dragged to the chrismas tree shop and bed bath and beyond.... that place set me back $50......as if she needed one more Turkey platter, gravey bowls set, sheets and Misc Crap!

basshunter
11-19-2007, 01:17 PM
any body know what they are doing out back? they appear to have something planned. they were building a brook today.. and have game replicas further out in the marsh area.

I heard that they were building a man-made lake and conservation area for fishing and to have a picnic etc. They have lots of other stuff still to do there too. Next fall, they are opening the Pats Hall of Fame, a 14-theater cinema, a 500 seat entertainment spot, a couple restaurants and a 4-star Marriott. Should be something when it's done!!!