View Full Version : Someone got tossed at Pt. Judith too?

RIROCKHOUND
11-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Anyone hear this/see/know about it?

Officials Recover Body Near Point Judith

Thursday, Nov 15, 2007 - 12:03 PM Updated: 01:46 PM

NARRAGANSETT, R.I. -- NBC 10 has learned that officials recovered a body Thursday in the area of Point Judith.

Narragansett police, the Department of Environmental Management and the Coast Guard were all participating in the search.

Officials were alerted to a car that was left at the dock overnight. They did not have any other information about the person pulled from the water.

Stay with turnto10.com for more information as details become available. Click refresh for updates.

RIROCKHOUND
11-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Looks like it was an 85y/o that fell off the dock while on a walk. Sad for his family. Looks like it was his daily routine....

What a bad couple of days in SoCo. if bad things happen in 3's I'm not fishing for a few days, why tempt fate!

tautog
11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
I talked to a State worker who used to work the State Pier in PJ and he said the guy was a regular who used to come down and watch the Block Isle Boats. He told me they found his walker on the dock and when the went searching they found his body. Sounds like he just slipped off the dock. He said it was his regular routine to watch the boats from that dock.
RIP.

Odizza
11-15-2007, 03:53 PM
WOW... CRAZY STUFF!!! YOU NEVER KNOW

numbskull
11-15-2007, 06:25 PM
I talked to a State worker who used to work the State Pier in PJ and he said the guy was a regular who used to come down and watch the Block Isle Boats. He told me they found his walker on the dock and when the went searching they found his body. Sounds like he just slipped off the dock. He said it was his regular routine to watch the boats from that dock.
RIP.

Or maybe that's where he decided he wanted to end his days.

jimmy z
11-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers for his family

Clammer
11-15-2007, 07:20 PM
I agree with Numbskull //

word was he was bummed /just had knee surgery / use to work on the BIB //
the position his walker was in & now you say he left his wallet >>. sounds like he stood up & in :: if so ;; more power to him ...>>> he went his way / if not RIP

bassballer
11-16-2007, 09:44 AM
if thats the case then more power to him. If you can go how you always wished then good for him.

bloocrab
11-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Unfortunately, it wasn't his life to take, if thats the way it happened.

In any case - R.I.P. ol' timer.

striperondafly
11-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Unfortunately, it wasn't his life to take, if thats the way it happened.

In any case - R.I.P. ol' timer.

Obviously it was his life to take if that's they way it happened - don't judge him - let the man upstairs do that it's his jon - not yours :rtfm:

Salty
11-17-2007, 11:31 AM
He was there every day and in the summer, he was the first car in line to get into Salty's Beach.

bloocrab
11-17-2007, 01:32 PM
- don't judge him -

Sorry, no judging intended. I'm just not a big fan of suicide or abortion....call me weird I guess....:huh:

Skitterpop
11-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Sorry, no judging intended. I'm just not a big fan of suicide or abortion....call me weird I guess....:huh:

At 85 years old he was probably sick and tired. Most likely out lived all his close loved ones. If it was`nt an accident lets just say he checked out a little early.

God Bless and RIP !

Gunpowder
11-17-2007, 02:59 PM

i dont think its really suicide though. i guess there comes a time when u kno ure on ure way out and some people want to die a certain way. if thats how he wanted to die and felt he was reaching the end of his lifespan, i totally agree with him. i kno i dont wanna die in a nursing home with no one around me....