View Full Version : Does It Get Any Better Than This??

BigFish
11-17-2007, 09:15 AM
The Boston Red Sox are World Champions! The New England Patriots are 9-0 looking for 10-0 tomorrow night and looking unbeatable and like they quite possibly are the best football team ever......with a 4th Superbowl Championship looming! The Boston Celtics are a red-hot 8-0 and have never started a season 8-0 in the "Bird Era" and have not done it since 1962?????? This Celtics team might just win it all!!!! Striped-Bass.com is the reigning OTW Striper Cup winner.........man this is an incredible ride!!!!!:jump: Enjoy!:bounce:

Mike P
11-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Not directed at you Larry, but I think a good percentage of the people crowing about the Celtics couldn't name their starting 5 last season :hs:

A couple of weeks ago a lot of people were mentioning BC football along with all the others. My, how the wheels came off that bandwagon ;)

BigFish
11-17-2007, 09:27 AM
I will openly admit other than Paul Pierce I have no idea who was on the Celts last year! Basketball used to be one of my favorite games to watch....but after the "Bird Era" things got pretty dark in Boston basketball wise. They had some dismal years! My hardened Celtic Green blood is beginning to thin again and starting to flow! I have always coveted Kevin Garnet and never thought I would see him in Celtic green! He would have been number one on my NBA want list! I think alot of folks are gravitating back to the Celts and that is good!

Forgot to mention BC Football! Can it get any better?

Squid kids Dad
11-17-2007, 09:43 AM
What about the REV'S?:hihi:

Mike P
11-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I don't think tomorrow's game is going to be the 49-10 blowout everyone thinks is in the cards. Coming off a bye after the biggest win of the season, divisional opponent still in the playoff hunt (altho I think both wild cards come from the AFC south), road game in a stadium where weather is often a factor. 2 game cushion on the Colts now for home field throughout. All the signs of a trap are there.

If I were a Pats fan I'd be more concerned about this game than the Steelers in Foxboro in December :humpty:

Mike P
11-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Light actually did OK with Feeney. It was your RT (Kaczur??) who had his hands full with Mathis.

You know teams have letdowns. Human nature. Even the best teams have them. We'll see. ;)

Mike P
11-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Well--now you know why I never bet real money on these stupid games :laugha:

zacs
11-19-2007, 09:55 AM
are you now a believer, Mike?

Bigcat
11-19-2007, 11:19 AM
How sweet it is :happy:

Mike P
11-19-2007, 01:34 PM
are you now a believer, Mike?

Yeah. I wrote my thoughts in another thread.

fishaholic18
11-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I don't think tomorrow's game is going to be the 49-10 blowout everyone thinks is in the cards.

Hey...You were close Mike...:humpty:

The Dad Fisherman
11-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Hey...You were close Mike...:humpty:

It was dead on when I went to bed.....:D