View Full Version : Whales spotted in SoCo

fishgolf
11-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Lots of bait and fish (bass and blues) migrating through SoCo today.
But to top off the day, two whales were hanging around about 600 - 800 yds off the front of Weekapaug Beach.
Huge! Even the small one was huge! The big one was huger!
Thought it was cool to see tuna migrating through 3 weekends ago in the big swells, but the whales topped that!!
So, that's my second post of the year :)
Last day of fishing for the year was memorable.
Hope everyone has a great holiday season.
df

piemma
11-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Great. now I gotta compete with the friggin' whales.

Just a side note. Went to my November go to spot tonight. It can handle 3 guys tops. Got there and there are 5 trucks. I didn't even stop.
Everytime I see this I am more and more grateful that I bought a boat. I know everyone has the right to fish where they want and it's my fault because I was late as I went to church before heading out fishing. I just didn't expect to see a crowd in November at 29 degrees.

Clammer
11-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Paulie

it wasn,t me >>.
going by boat in the morning ;F #$%^&*( gate is locked now /wanted to get a head start on filling the gas >>>:lasso:

piemma
11-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Mike:
Got back from the Left Coast Friday and took the Lady Jeanne home. All put to bed till March

tynan19
11-18-2007, 07:18 AM
That must have been a pretty cool site.

fishgolf
11-18-2007, 02:03 PM
It was awesome...
Might have been Right Whales.

Adam_777
11-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Funny I was there today and there was a seal there.He followed me every time I moved.Grrrr...The bonus is while walking to get away from the seal I found a nice shiny new AH plug in the wash.The seal followed me for a good half mile.They must have some good eyesight.everytime I glanced over at the seal he would look away and dive down.Left after walking a good distance and headed up rt1 to find a little slow action at another beach.All in all Harassed by a seal found an awesome plug and grabbed a couple bass in the mid 20's.Is it normal for seals to be in over there ?

LeCounts1099
11-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi, Paul! Hope the surf treated you well this year when you tried!...

Here's my take on the crowded Lot:

At M. where I spend my Falls (at least since the Cape tanked & B.I. mostly too!)... Even weeknights there are always at least 20- 35 vehicles in the Main Lot(s)... every night!

That said: whenever I roll out of my vehicle/ nap at 2:30 AM on the "right" tide... even though my pet spots are an easy walk away... 90% of the time the exacts spots/ rocks I want to fish are unoccupied... & 75% of the time I'm completely alone! :wavey:

Just because there are other guys there first... doesn't mean they'll know the "spots within the spots" as you do... & most times you will still get your spot if you park & try! :walk: Esp. in Nov. there... Just my guess? :kewl: (Unless you're talking about a B'way mouth?-- then forget the above!)

Otherwise... to get back to the topic of this thread: whales usually mean/ follow Herring... no? About time they arrived if so!

cheferson
11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
heard one got tangled up near one of the b-ways this morning

Nebe
11-19-2007, 06:40 PM
i saw one off of charlestown b-way today around noon.

very cool sight.

Joe
11-19-2007, 07:01 PM
The hell with the whales...
http://eastcoastretro.com/images/uploads/0204bales2.jpg

cheferson
11-19-2007, 07:02 PM
The hell with the whales...
http://eastcoastretro.com/images/uploads/0204bales2.jpg

:eyes::eyes:

1dozenraw
11-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Anyone know if they are still around?

zacs
11-20-2007, 09:10 AM
im going down at lunchtime to take a few casts and check it out...