View Full Version : Win $100,000.00 for then die of overdose

Swimmer
11-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Over the weekend this young man that we have interacted with several times in the last few years died of a heroin overdose. A friend found him on his couch slumped over, needle in arm. He had this addiction for a couple of years. When we dealt with him he never gave us a hard time, but you could clearly see he was troubled.

Three years ago he won a grand prize in the Mass. state lottery scratch ticket game that the grand prize was $100,000.00 a year for life.

No one could convince this kid that sobriety would bring about a more fruitful/happy life.

tynan19
11-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Deal with this everday. You got to love the pissed off look of someone waking up from a Narcan injection. Us- Dude you were dead! Them-You ruined my high!

It really is a sad situation though. But I think I have become hardened and realize that the only people who will be saved are those that can do it for themselves.

Backbeach Jake
11-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Guy that I work with long ago scratched 20 grand. went on a toot that lasted years. Clean and sober now, thank God.

The Dad Fisherman
11-19-2007, 02:02 PM
A guy that comes into my wife's liquor store scratched a $20k winner 2 weeks ago......my wife said its already gone, he fed it right back into lottery tickets.

Guy comes in every day and drops a few hundred on tickets. doesn't know when to quit

2boxers
11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Junkies are worthless, I lost a lot of former high school friends because they thought sticking a needle in their arm is a good idea. I am done trying to help junkies

bart
11-20-2007, 01:20 PM
looks like there's a lethal batch of heroin making its way around falmouth. when you start messin' with that %$%$%$%$ only God can save you...

Rappin Mikey
11-20-2007, 02:32 PM
If you haven't experirnced it, it is a very sad situation to see someone close to you become addicted.

Slingah
11-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I lost a very good friend, and alot of the old guard who didnt make it out of the ol' neighborhood are dropping like flies.......
that brown, crack and the oxy's are the devil.....
sad story Frank.....what a shame..

justplugit
11-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Sad, very sad, but it is easier for me to understand addiction in a person from the hood, than one with money.
Not that that's an excuse. :doh:

tattoobob
11-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Addiction is avery tough thing, for everyone involved

a lot of good people fall due to addiction of all kinds, drugs alcohol even cigarettes. all evil

the only way out is death sometimes

find a good support group like AA, NA they really help a lot of people

saltfly
11-21-2007, 11:46 AM
I've also lost alot of friends to that "stuff".I remember seeing these people pass-out then wake up and :yak4: then say"GOOD STUFF"Thank God I hate needles cause it may have gotten me.a HORRIBLE waste

Raven
11-21-2007, 02:22 PM
they won't administer it though because it's also taboo

such a shame.....had friends die from this crap

basswipe
11-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Watching it happen to a guy right now.A walking corpse is the best I can describe it.Death should be visiting him very soon.