View Full Version : Outer Cape.....

Striper_Haven_03
11-19-2007, 06:37 PM
I thought I was done (wife says so!) but still have the itch for 1 more fish or 2. Was wondering if someone could give me some advice on fishing the Outer Cape. I normally dont venture out that way and normally fish the plymouth area but still feel the need before winter is upon us. Was thinking about fishing highland light thanksgiving morning but I am open to any suggestionsas to better spots.

Thanks in advance.

Fireman

tattoobob
11-19-2007, 08:47 PM
I am not sure you will do to well, you may want to try and head South to RI

Striper_Haven_03
11-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Not to familar with RI. Any one point me in the right direction? Not specifics, just a starting point. Like to figure the rest out for myself.

fireman

Flaptail
11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
There are still plenty of school fish, look to the estuaries and their outflows. I once caught fish at Balston on the 28th of November so it is possible but the estuaries hold more promise and there are a couple in Truro.

quick decision
11-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Try race point. I was there Sat.

bart
11-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Not to familar with RI. Any one point me in the right direction? Not specifics, just a starting point. Like to figure the rest out for myself.

fireman

just jump on 95 to rt 4 which becomes rt1. follow rt 1 down all the way and just stop and check out all the spots along the way. narragansett, matunuck, charlestown, all the spots within those towns are basically right off rt 1. once you get into westerly bang a left onto rt 1A and take a left at your first light. follow that down to the water, look around, then continue driving west and just stop at any access area and look for birds. the fish can be anywhre along this stretch...

2na
11-20-2007, 03:05 PM
There were plenty of fish last weekend, just no size. Hit the parking lots at Balston, Highland, Head of the Meadow, Race Point, Herring Cove and the bay opposite Pilgrim Lake. Just keep moving until you find them. Tins or jigs, wind permitting, little swimmers. Good luck!