View Full Version : plug bags

capesams
09-18-2002, 12:29 PM
IS there a good plug bag on the market , 1 that may hold up over time an carry say up to 10 plugs & junk, that won't be 40#.

please tell me what u have an why....thanks

wahlie
09-18-2002, 12:47 PM
I have 2 canyon bags that I love.. I like the one that holds 10 plugs or has 10 compartments because it has a wider strap. The smaller version that holds 6 plugs only has a thin strap on it that tends to dig into your shoulder after a while. I've used some others that are less expensive but they just didn't hold up. The velcro on the canyon is nice as well as opposed to the bags that the surfcaster sells with the clasps.. The velcro allows you to open and close it in the dark. The middle sized 10 holed canyon bag also has 2 side pockets for spare spools, boxes and front compartments for tin. For 50 bucks you can't beat it. It also depends on what you are looking for. the canyon is reasonably light when loaded up and it also has square plug tubes as opposed to round.
I hope this helps.

JohnR
09-18-2002, 02:18 PM
I got one (well 2 actually), don't even know the brand name which work very well - went for about $30 each.

I also like the surfcaster bags but the dough is a little high...

Another thing to consider is an Army/Navy surplus store - sometimes you can get something good cheap.

Mr. Sandman
09-18-2002, 02:30 PM
I feel your pain...I have 2.5 bags 2 that are OK (hold about 10 plugs) but I tend to sqeeze too much in and the bag construction is not very good and it does not close as secure as I would like. I have had to do a couple of repairs on them. They work OK but I am not happy with them .(I think I got one at Sports Authority and one at a tackle shop) The .5 bad downright sucks and I don't use it except to hold extra stuff.

On my Xmas list is a bag from the Surfcaster. I have seen one of these and they are very sweet. I don't care what it costs I want one. http://www.thesurfcaster.com/

chris L
09-18-2002, 02:33 PM
army navy store ( real military equipment ) and ya can use either shampoo bottles or the house vacuum systen tubing , lighter and thinner than sch 40 . I have a surfcaster bag and a deluxe bronco bag . For the money the Bronco isnt bad 50 or so the surfcaster was like 89 or 99 . The army navy way would be like 20 or so depending on the bag and size , tubing is cheap 3.99 for 8 ft I think .

The Iceman 6
09-18-2002, 02:58 PM
Sometimes I take out with me 1 or 2 empty tennis ball plastic cans - you'd be amazed how many plugs you can fit into them sucka's, put them right in your waders. But yes, i got the same one for like $30 @ Sports Authority like Sandman, needed repairs b/c glue comes undone, thank god hesh2 is very mechanical...

Ice

BEETLE
09-18-2002, 03:25 PM
Trying to "keep it cheap" I got a Plano nylon bag at wal-mart (green #1330 or 1350) - 13 bucks. Got some pvc thin-wall pipe - at home depot - what is used on central vac systems - 3-5 bucks. Silicone the cut to size tubes together - I believe I got 15-18 slots in all. Plus the bag has two side + 1 front compartment for misc. storage.
Its not large enough to stow large plugs or pencil poppers upright, but serves my purposes so far.
I'm keeping an eye out for a similar, but taller bag in just the right size, to do the same with for the larger plugs and poppers.
Hope this helps a little.;)

Scotch Bonnet
09-18-2002, 04:37 PM
I have 2 Surfcaster bags I bought 8 years ago and they look the SAME as the day I bought them. Very rugged and functional. Well worth the extra cash!

mikecc
09-18-2002, 05:49 PM
There is one by NU PRO it has 8-10 tubes and 2 front pockets 2" sholder strap and it sells for $18.

Bill L
09-18-2002, 09:16 PM
I've got a deluxe bronco that I bought at least five years ago thats held up very well -- rugged, light weight, drains and drys fast, velcro closures (no hardware to rust). Ten tubes, tin pockets on front, pockets on ends, nice wide strap. I also use an LL Bean basic fanny pack for quick trips and a catch-all for pliers, jigs, rubbas, hooks, leaders etc. and even a couple small plugs

capesams
09-19-2002, 06:35 AM
THANKS guys for all the info.
mikecc I thought nu pro made windows?
I got a line on some bronco bags//delux$38.00...but really need 1 that is tall for big pikies, which the big bronco has$52.oo. hope this works out......tx again....steve