View Full Version : SLIPKNOT

sportyguy33
11-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Hopefully you now can sleep better at night. I instructed my friend
to remove the Dummy Web Site your sponsors seem to fear like NFL teams fear the Patriots.

smitty919
11-23-2007, 10:29 PM
sure looks to me like it was a look at my plugs thay catch fish want to buy some?

how long have you been building plugs?

smitty919
11-23-2007, 10:55 PM
not to be mean or start any chit but how can you feal that you did all the testing and reaserch on the life of your plugs in a year.
so its possable that your plugs may split over the winter mounth or if used in harsh weather? or you have not had time to test such things.
i would love to sell my plugs and turn it in to a job not a hobby.
dont do it cause i feal its a long learning curve and to be a sucessfull builder i will need lots of time.
not to menchen the respect from other builders when i have a questions tha answer it un like what happens to you now.
i must tell ya i do sell a few to pay for the hobby and when i say few i really mean few.
most of the plugs i make eather go to friends or i give them to othe fisherman for feed back and some trades.
you wonder why other builders give you a hard time is cause you are trying to jump in to some thing you are not ready for.
i really think you ask for all the bull chit by posting some of the stuff you do.
good luck with the bizz :rotflmao:

numbskull
11-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Wow, Karl, great link. Thanks for posting it.

Tagger
11-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Hopefully you now can sleep better at night.

Ya think Slip likes playing "Plug Police" ?? That smart a$$ comment is exactly, what makes the hair stand up on peoples knecks . Why you gotta get in peoples faces ... like a skeeeta .. I have nothing against you sporty ..I complement your work ,, In a short time your paints the nuts ,, I do scratch my head when you ask how to weight a spook . A plug that is tough to make wrong IMO.. Why you always want to go this way ? Time heals all wounds .. Stop jabbing the poker in there ..

BigFish
11-24-2007, 08:12 AM
I agree with everything Tagger said....don't throw gasoline on the flames!:rolleyes:

Wait till Slip rides in!:rollem:

Clogston29
11-24-2007, 08:19 AM
it's really simple, if you sell plugs (whether through the site or not, even if its only on ebay), then you're a commericial builder and posting pictures of your plugs here is free advertising and gets your name out to the exact market that your targeting. is that really hard to figure out? its not whether or not you sell through the site, its whether or not you sell at all.

look at the list of sponsors to the site, many of them started out as hobbiest, then went commercial and then stopped posting pictures until they became sponsors (bigfish, afterhours, bernzy, etc). what makes you any different.

selling plugs that you are still clearly trying to figure out how to make right, that's a different story. john's pretty picky about who he lets become sponsors, which is great.

JohnR
11-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Sporty -why is it that there is always a commotion about you here? I also "hear" of similar things over on the other site but I don't go there so I am not very concerned with it. So there always seems to be sharks in the water around you. There are often concerns about you selling but then you chime in saying you are just trying to help people. Yet your threads are pretty much "Check out my Joey" or the frog, or the this or that.

Slipknot has been VERY lenient about you and believe it or not has gone to bat for you previously. The LAST thing I'm going to accept is you taking a shot at Slip. He is probably the fairest person here and simply does not deserve this crap.

Personally I do not feel all warm and fuzzy about your intentions here either. The smell test indicates you are trying to sell plugs or at least get free advertising - on a side note, this site isn't about advertising as for various reasons I only sign up 20% of the advertisers requesting. You SAY that you are only trying to help out but I see little help, mostly just me, me, me, me.

So at this point I am going to remove your posting privileges for a few months. I'm not happy to do this but I feel it is necessary as I have a lot of people - not sponsors but S-B regulars - telling me that you are up to no good here and I see little evidence of "help" that would lead me to think otherwise... Maybe in the spring we can revisit this but I feel as you are trying to take advantage of things here and not trying to "help" as you say. I will put this in an email as well.

JohnR
11-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Josh - Great Avatar :btu:

Charleston
11-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Finally someone steps up and makes a good solid management decision. Sometimes these decisions can be deemed less than popular but are very important.
Thanks for putting this isue to rest!
Carry on :)

JohnR
11-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Finally someone steps up and makes a good solid management decision. Sometimes these decisions can be deemed less than popular but are very important.
Thanks for putting this isue to rest!
Carry on :)

Ctown - actually, a lot of the time before this was to give the benefit of doubt but it just was not going anywhere. So it had been my decision to give this time to see if it cleared. It just did not look like it was going to clear

Charleston
11-24-2007, 12:28 PM
I am sure all considerations were given. My post was meant as a compliment.
I met Sporty a few years ago and he seemd like a nice guy but you just can't be taking pot shots at the moderators. Slip does not deserve it.
Well done S-B.com.

JohnR
11-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I am sure all considerations were given. My post was meant as a compliment.
I met Sporty a few years ago and he seemd like a nice guy but you just can't be taking pot shots at the moderators. Slip does not deserve it.
Well done S-B.com.

Nothing negative taken. And like you said, Slip does not deserve it.

Every now it is wise to remind ourselves that we are only posting on the Internet :tooth: - This is a great community and the people I have met have made MY life better - truly enriched me personaly in knowledge and experience and camaraderie! But again - poke in the ribs - it is the Internet :chatter :btu:

BigFish
11-24-2007, 02:25 PM
John......:hidin:...will you be my fwiend?:tooth:

fishaholic18
11-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey, give the guy some credit, like Hab's(RIP) once told me "Bad publicity is better than no publicity"(Great advice)...He did what he wanted to do.:humpty:

tlapinski
11-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Very reminiscent of the early days of Troublemaker when he was having his wife post "all the cool paint jobs" he was working on. He ended up making it in the custom plug world, but some of us never forgot his early posts. :poke:

JohnR
11-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Very reminiscent of the early days of Troublemaker when he was having his wife post "all the cool paint jobs" he was working on. He ended up making it in the custom plug world, but some of us never forgot his early posts. :poke:

IN some ways, yes. BUT, even though there may have been a veil of, uhh, untruthiness at the time, at least Steve had been making plugs for a long time and at least his plug was truly special (not saying Sports aint but odds are it is nowhere as good as that SF surfster)

afterhours
11-25-2007, 09:34 AM
[QUOTE=sportyguy33 I instructed my friend
to remove the Dummy Web Site your sponsors seem to fear like NFL teams fear the Patriots.

fear you? :bl: i doubt larry, scott, bernzy, nor myself live in fear of you and your products.....:wiggle:

Pete F.
11-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Josh - Great Avatar :btu:

He got the beer right:angel: