View Full Version : MSBA Wednesday Night-#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& Speaks!

BigFish
11-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Looking for a way to get out and kill the early winter blues that might be settling on you about now? Bill Nolan aka #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& will be speaking at this Wednesday nights MSBA meeting! Details and directions at MSBA.net!
Should be a great seminar....Bill is always a good take! Maybe he will bring his drums?:hihi:

Slipknot
11-24-2007, 01:01 PM
we will be there

Clammer
11-24-2007, 02:57 PM
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:)

Swimmer
11-25-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm coming.............rumor has it some $((&^%#%$&))&(*& e is coming with Bill.

luds
11-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Speaking about what? :confused:

BigFish
11-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Speaking about what? :confused:

Fishing!:rollem:

luds
11-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Fishing!:rollem:

I need a little more detail. :hf1: I've already seen enough photo's of the 60, 50's, 40's etc. Is it going to be something a surf fisherman can learn from (other than buy a boat you idiot!) or just a bragging session. Nothing wrong with a check out my season because it was an amazing one. I'm just not interested in that. :spin:

BigFish
11-25-2007, 02:39 PM
"Live eel tactics and where to score on Rhode Islands south shore". Sounds good to me.

BassDawg
11-25-2007, 02:40 PM
What time and where, Larry?

Am definitely interested and have been contemplating membership???

Met some really cool members on the weekend of the WKPG Invitational for MS. Great guys and a good time was had by all.

Hey, G Costello, you gonna be there?

Slipknot
11-25-2007, 02:50 PM
www.msba.net

luds
11-25-2007, 02:52 PM
"Live eel tactics and where to score on Rhode Islands south shore". Sounds good to me.

me too......hopefully will see you there.

BassDawg
11-28-2007, 02:40 AM
I'm in!!!

"Area A" location info, :kewl::kewl:.

fishaholic18
11-28-2007, 07:12 AM
I need a little more detail. :hf1: I've already seen enough photo's of the 60, 50's, 40's etc. Is it going to be something a surf fisherman can learn from (other than buy a boat you idiot!) or just a bragging session. Nothing wrong with a check out my season because it was an amazing one. I'm just not interested in that. :spin:

And I'm sure he'll give you a few tips on what to do with all them plugs you've been collecting..http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sealx/icons_smilies/face-laugh.png

eelman
11-28-2007, 10:45 AM

Good glad your not interested, however I have given plenty of seminars and they have always focused around how to from the shore, thats where I cut my teeth and what I have done for most of my adult life....I have givin out in detail "where to go" and "how to catch there"...This post seems again, more of the same an invite to a confrontation...If you dont like the photos..dont look..But the statement assumes something that was not going to take place.

Would there be a few photos of fish I caught?...yes.and most of the pics are of my friends not me...but since my seminars are mostly focused on shore fishing, none of the fish you mention would have been in a slide show anyway because they were caught on a boat..so there would have been no need to worry about it, especially the way things are picked apart...It would have certainly been pointed out to me that those were not shore fish...I know that..

I am sure there are people here who have seen my seminars before, I always give everything I have and dont hold back, I hardly talk about myself, I talk about rod, reel selection, tide, winds, locations, tactics, etc..Never have my seminars been a "me" show...like alot of other speakers do..I take it seriously when I am asked to do one, and I am humbled whenever I am asked, my approach is that I want to give people something they can use immediatly to up there fish catch...In no way do I want them to see slide after slide of fish..I hate that also, they get what they came for at one of mine and I hold no punches..I answer any and all questions about spots etc...its what I was asked to do and I never lie..

One of the main reasons I dont want to do them anymore is that everone I see is bull or has been a re hash of what was done before...not all...but most...There are no secrets..its all about putting in the time, to pay someone to speak for an hour and eventually give you that conclusion is fraud in my opinion....the secret to catching fish...is Simply...Fishing...

I want to apologize for not being able to make it, I have been though a tough time with these nagging things coming up medically and , well not much I can do about..so to everyone else that was going to go, I sincerly am sorry for not being able to make it..

Bill

basshunter
11-28-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm personally sorry I won't see the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, I will definitely catch him the next time he is able to do a seminar or presentation. I'm still relatively new to the saltwater scene and will absorb any input, advice or tips that I can take in.... Next time....
I hope everything is well with Bill...

BEETLE
11-28-2007, 11:12 AM
I have to work until 9p, gonna make an effort to stop in after work.

BigFish
11-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Bill....hope you feel better! I was looking forward to seeing you as were many others!:wave:

Joe
11-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I would give $150 to not have to put on a seminar.

tattoobob
11-28-2007, 06:46 PM
I would give $150 to not have to put on a seminar.

Joe you have my address, you won't have to come and do my seminar

BassDawg
11-29-2007, 05:34 PM
I want to apologize for not being able to make it, I have been though a tough time with these nagging things coming up medically and , well not much I can do about..so to everyone else that was going to go, I sincerly am sorry for not being able to make it..

Bill

No worries, Bill.

I was called away to a family thang at the last minute, sose I had to miss the meeting and seminar as well.

Sorry to hear about your recent health issues, and God's speed to a quick and healthy recovery. We will put you in our prayers and thoughts. Thanks for the attempt, and hopefully we'll hear from you sooner rather than later..................Get Well, first!!

Jess

luds
12-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Good glad your not interested, however I have given plenty of seminars and they have always focused around how to from the shore, thats where I cut my teeth and what I have done for most of my adult life....I have givin out in detail "where to go" and "how to catch there"...This post seems again, more of the same an invite to a confrontation...If you dont like the photos..dont look..But the statement assumes something that was not going to take place.

Would there be a few photos of fish I caught?...yes.and most of the pics are of my friends not me...but since my seminars are mostly focused on shore fishing, none of the fish you mention would have been in a slide show anyway because they were caught on a boat..so there would have been no need to worry about it, especially the way things are picked apart...It would have certainly been pointed out to me that those were not shore fish...I know that..

I am sure there are people here who have seen my seminars before, I always give everything I have and dont hold back, I hardly talk about myself, I talk about rod, reel selection, tide, winds, locations, tactics, etc..Never have my seminars been a "me" show...like alot of other speakers do..I take it seriously when I am asked to do one, and I am humbled whenever I am asked, my approach is that I want to give people something they can use immediatly to up there fish catch...In no way do I want them to see slide after slide of fish..I hate that also, they get what they came for at one of mine and I hold no punches..I answer any and all questions about spots etc...its what I was asked to do and I never lie..

One of the main reasons I dont want to do them anymore is that everone I see is bull or has been a re hash of what was done before...not all...but most...There are no secrets..its all about putting in the time, to pay someone to speak for an hour and eventually give you that conclusion is fraud in my opinion....the secret to catching fish...is Simply...Fishing...

Bill

My post was not meant to start a confrontation with you. If I was being confrontational at all it was with BigFish....just wanted to know what the presentation was about. That is all. The bragging comment was sarcastic one but probably a poor choice of words. Sarcasm rarely translates well on these boards. I think you should consider doing a presentation on the season you had this year. I think most boat anglers and even some surf guys would find it pretty interesing.

Also, I wouldn't be too worried about rehashing some ideas because people keep forgetting that their audience is not made up completely by their peers. The majority of folks attending those seminars are new to the sport and that's why they're there. They're hungry to learn. If someone doesn't carry on the old lessons they will never get them. Also, I'd assume for the seasoned guy it's always interesting to see someone else's interpretation of what you already know. I saw dz's presentation at the Saltwater Edge show last winter and already new or had thoughts of most of what he talked about. However there were a few of pieces of info that had never crossed my mind and it was completely worth it for just a couple tid bits of info I could use. Also, like I said it was great to here it all from his perspective and even better to know that I had some of the same thoughts as a veteran such as dz or yourself.

luds
12-02-2007, 11:56 AM
And I'm sure he'll give you a few tips on what to do with all them plugs you've been collecting..http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sealx/icons_smilies/face-laugh.png

I'm sure. :smash: Hopefully this thing will be rescheduled next month.

BigFish
12-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Luds...BigFish stated in the starter thread to check the MSBA website for details......you must have missed it?:smash:

Raider Ronnie
12-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Love is in the air !!!!:rotflmao:

luds
12-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Luds...BigFish stated in the starter thread to check the MSBA website for details......you must have missed it?:smash:

sorry....figured it was not too much too ask what the talk was on.:huh:

bigfish could have at least posted a link to the msba site. :smash:

what's up with the 3rd person speak? :topic:

bart
12-02-2007, 02:01 PM
jesus what a lame thread. way to promote MSBA :tm:

BigFish
12-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Your right Bart! Hit it right on the nose! I put this thread up to let folks know that MSBA was having Bill Nolan as a speaker! Thought it might be a good heads up for folks who either had not heard Bill speak or maybe just want to get out of the house! I intentionally directed folks toward the MSBA website (I don't know how to post links very well or I would have) but my intention was for folks to go to the MSBA website and take a look at all the hard work Basshunter has done to make it what it is and maybe a few might be persuaded to come and/or join the club!! Well as usual the gesture backfires and turns to %$%$%$%$ because a select few feel the need to take potshots!! So folks.....in the future.....find out somewhere else because everytime I do these things I get my ear pissed in!:hs:

Carry on...winter is still young!

NIB
12-02-2007, 03:31 PM
I get my ear pissed in!:hs:
!

I hate when that happens..

basshunter
12-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Hit it right on the nose! I put this thread up to let folks know that MSBA was having Bill Nolan as a speaker! Thought it might be a good heads up for folks who either had not heard Bill speak or maybe just want to get out of the house!

Thanks for the plug Larry, don't stop what your doing. :btu:
I thought this board was to talk fish and let others know what fish related things were happening around the area. If you're aware of a happening, this is the forum for it.

For everyone else - http://www.msba.net

BigFish
12-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Luds.....sorry I am a little snippy/PMS today! I am fighting a major chest cold that may be bordering on the flu! Pray for me Luds!:)

Thanks Jim!

BassDawg
12-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Definitely, Larry, keep up the good and informational posting.

Doan let sarcasm dissuade you, that was a good reminder and it helped me to enter their site. i'm seriously thinking of joining the boyz at MSBA. That is, iffin they'll have me :as: :as:?

Am really gonna try and make the next one. The Tri-State sounds like a blast, and I've just met some crazy bastages from The OOB. Should be very interesting, next spring..........................

BigFish
12-02-2007, 04:17 PM
MSBA is a fine club with lots of great folks and you can get out of it alot more than you put in if you get involved with the club! The Tri-State Tournament has blossomed under MSBA member Charlie Murphy's hand! Alot of folks are getting out and fishing it and they are having a blast! I have not had the pleasure of fishing one yet...been a member for like 8 years and because I have my sons on weekends my priorities have kept me from participating. However they are older now and I think I will be giving the Tri-State a shot next season!:kewl:

tattoobob
12-02-2007, 04:24 PM
(I don't know how to post links very well or I would have)

How did you get the link in your signature then?

BigFish
12-02-2007, 04:27 PM
The boss did that....what do you think I am lying???:rotflmao:

tattoobob
12-02-2007, 04:30 PM
lying no confused maybe :pop: :hihi:

BigFish
12-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Other than posting Bob the computer is still a mystery to me!:jester: