View Full Version : what drives....

Jenn
09-19-2002, 10:15 PM
....any of us to obssess over finned creatures like we do?????

...well whatever it is....its infectious and we need to find a way to bottle it.!!!!!!!

...I cant take it.....I finally get out over the weekend and I am worse off than I was BEFORE I went (about a month span....:rolleyes: )

...whats the worse thing you have ever done....just to weasle away and go fishing?????...and skipping work doesnt count UNLESS there is a unique way you went about getting the day off! HA!HA!

bloocrab
09-19-2002, 11:05 PM
...I used to get spankings for going fishing...:( :)

...when I was a youngin', my father used to work 2nd shift. He and a friend would often go fishing during the week when the tide was right. They would leave my house around 11:30Pm...When I was feeling courageous and I knew ahead of time, I'd stay up until he came home, watch him pack up the station wagon...and make my move :p

..he had a routine, after they had packed up the wagon he would head to the basement for a last shot of "Lucky" shine...thats when I'd run for it. I'd hop into the back seat and over into the storage area of the wagon. My father's wagon had everything but the kitchen sink so I'd pull an old blanket over me...and hide out until we got there. If I was sleeping when we got there, I wouldn't get the beating, but if I was awoke!!WATCH OUT!!!....

...he didn't mind me fishing at night with him, but he did mind that it was on school nights that I'd be feeling the ballzeeist....:laughs: :eek:

JohnR
09-20-2002, 07:03 AM
Cool story Bloo....

I think it's genetic/DNA/natural - as basic & primal as hunting, protecting our young and draggin' the 'lil woman around by the hair :eek5: - did I say that? OK, all but the last part...

I really think that it breaks things down to the most basic levels and if you allow it to, it removes all complications, worries, as well as any distance with your inner self.

RickBomba
09-20-2002, 05:44 PM
Bloo,
At least you'd sneak in; the old man used to plan our trips from Granby, MA to Naps, at least one week ahead of time. If I had anything going (especially soccer, it used to interfere something fierce), he'd wait for me until practice was over, and then kidnap me for the two-and-a-half hour drive to Naps.
The good News...He was at every soccer game from 1977-1989.
The bad news...many times I went to high school without sleeping, in the fall.
He ddid teach me how to do calculus, mainly derivatives, in my head.
Anyhow, now I own a restaurant, and I don't use calculus anymore.
I still do go fishing with #^&#^&#^&#^&ie, though.:D

Jenn
09-20-2002, 10:01 PM
good stories!!!

THOUGHT about sneaking away tonite butafter hearing of an invasion in RI and not feeling well on top of things...I didnt go...

thanks again for the stories to keep me occupied while I am in a slump over here......keeps me going!!;)

like I said...too bad we couldnt bottle it............and take a "hit" whenever we needed one!!! weather we were any where NEAR fish or not......:( :( :( :(